2,749 Reviews
 (2,157)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - everyone needs one
I honestly can't remember the last time I left a review on an Amazon product. I buy a lot of things from Amazon, and...I'm lazy.

But THIS.

Published 8 months ago by Chloe LaPhoenix

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent until recently...
This portable charger WAS brilliant. When I first got this it was great, when fully charged I was able to charge most of my devices about 3-5 times, which is great when there isn't a plug near by when your battery is low. Also I found it actually charged faster using this portable charger than plugging it into the mains.

This was all well and good for about 7...
Published 28 days ago by Josh C.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - everyone needs one, 27 Aug. 2014

But THIS.

This is one of those things that I just -can't- understand why every single person does not have one of these. Why the heck haven't these caught on yet? You - yes, YOU - if you haven't got one of these, why the hell not??

If you have a smartphone you know all too well that scenario when you're out and about and OH LOOK, the battery has somehow depleted itself since you charged it that morning and you don't know when you'll next be home to charge it up. Cue - THIS THING. I bought it for a festival after remembering that portable chargers existed, but expecting gimmick-y solar-powered things. Not so! This charger is small, sleek, elegantly designed and comes in my favourite colour (orange) - ladies, it will definitely fit in your handbags and guys - possibly your pockets. It kept my phone going all weekend at the festival - and although I haven't conducted a proper test of how much it can charge, it managed a full charge from complete depletion to 100%, charged up a friend's phone to couple bars at the festival, then I got two more charges out of it from under 30% to about 70-80%. It's definitely worth getting this capacity rather than the one below, which is what I was considering first. It just seems to last forever. It feels like some kinda life hack, and means I don't have to pay extortionate prices to charge my phone at festivals, or be frugal about my phone usage.

It does take quite a while to charge up, of course - I also found that it charges much quicker if you use the cable(s) that come with it; I was using the USB-micro USB cable that came with my Kindle and that I normally use to charge my phone, but it was taking a bloody long time. Completely worth it though, for the novelty of being able to charge my phone on the go. And it's not just a little boost of charge either - it will charge it all the way up to 100%, like I've said.

Almost everyone who asks me about mine (when I inevitably get it out at gatherings, etc) seem unaware that they exist or assume they're rubbish gimmicks. So I do my best to spread the word on these things, as I'm doing now. One of the best purchases I've ever made, hands down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best portable battery I have ever purchased, 7 Sept. 2014
Having never heard of EasyAcc, I was somewhat reluctant to buy this portable battery, but I can definitely say that it has been one of my best decisions.
As soon as I received it, I set about testing their claims that it could provide enough electricity to recharge an iPhone 5 to 6 times. I fully charged the battery and then charged my iPhone from empty to full each night and the 4 led indicators are a very simple but nice feature. After 5 charges, the lowest led was the only one lit but battery managed to charge my iPhone to 100% again, so it managed a total of 6 recharges before needed a recharge itself. By any standards, that's damn good. They haven't made exaggerated claims about it, it looks pretty nice too, especially in white, although as with anything in a bright colour, it gets marks on it pretty quickly.
I'd seen portable batteries that were more expensive and had less capacity, but were from a more reputable company. I was going to buy one of them, to be on the safe side, but I've had this one for more than a month now and I haven't had a problem with it. The warranty should also help if anything goes wrong. You can also charge two devices at the same time, which is nice.

I should probably point out that it doesn't come with a plug to charge the battery and although I noticed this before I bought it, those unfamiliar with how these things work might be confused when it arrives. I just used my iPhone plug to use the cord that came with the battery.

Another important thing I should point out is that while I'm extremely happy with the capacity, EasyAcc can't defy physics. The battery takes an eye-watering 10+ hours to fully charge from empty. It took roughly 13 hours for me to charge the battery back to full from empty. It obviously not a design flaw, but just something you need to take into account before buying it. The battery is for use when you don't have access to electricity, but to charge it up, you need access to electricity for more than half a day. Obviously if you only discharge it half way (which is what happened to me every day on my holiday), it takes half the time to charge it back up, so charging over night is more than enough to get it back to full.

It's well worth the £22 I payed and it will probably get cheaper over time. It's also fulfilled by Amazon, so it came the next day despite the delivery estimate being a week from the order date.

I've seen the negative reviews on this battery and all appear to be because of faulty batteries. It's not unusual for there to be faulty products, especially when they involve batteries, so I think and hope that it's just bad luck. Judging by the number of happy customers, I assume almost all of the batteries work perfectly. If there's a problem, I would have though the first thing you should do is return it for a refund or replacement. I don't understand why people won't do this when presented with an obvious faulty item?

Anyway, I'm a very happy customer and I definitely recommend. I hope my review helps somebody make the right decision, and I apologise for any typos. Despite the long review, it only takes me a few minutes...

5.0 out of 5 stars Become everyone new best friend with this gadget!, 5 Aug. 2014
What a fab gadget, most people with an iPhone will know you'll be lucky to get a full days battery power with it. But this light gadget is great, and fitted in my handbag. Lasted for several charges over 4 days at a festival. Tip if you have a iPhone charging on airplane mode charges it much quicker :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars recommend!, 5 July 2014
Great device, I now have peace of mind wherever I go that I can still use my phone even if battery is low. Happy with the speed of charging and also useful if I just want to charge it at home and make a phone call while carrying it around with me at the same time. Fast delivery, so would recommend seller too.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is exactly what I wanted in a charger ..., 15 July 2014
This product is exactly what I wanted in a charger. Simple to use and the charge lasts ages. One of these kept my smartphone charged for 7 days whilst I was on holiday. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Say goodbye to dead iPhones, great piece of kit, 23 Nov. 2014
Roly Reeves "Roly" (Brentwood, Essex UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this device as an emergency recharging device for my iPhone and iPad, both of which I use for work. Working in sales I often travel around the UK by train, and being on the phone most of the day, my iPhone can never manage a whole day without running out, normally when I want to call my wife to let her know when I will be home.

After considering several alternatives, and looking at various sizes of charger, this device seemed to have the best combination of price and recharge capacity.

On opening the box, the device is compact but well built, with smooth high quality plastic case and reassuringly weight feel. I charged by connecting the micro USB cable to a standard iPhone charging plug (a seperate plug is needed to charge but the standard Apple items will do). I left it overnight until the 4 lights came on when you pressed the button, to show it is fully charged. I had to wait a couple of days to try it out as I wanted to to see the device charging my iPhone from scratch, and after plugging in the supplied USB charging cable, it started to power up almost immediately, and in less than an hour was at 100%. I then left the device in its current state of charge to see how many full charges I could get from the device, and managed to get another 3 full charges out of it before it started to fade, including a quick boost of my iPad needed to send an important email while on a train.

Based on my experience I have recommended this to everyone in my sales team, and everyone loves their new device, and no more excuses about dead iPhones when I need to call them!

I have been using this device fairly constantly for 6 months and no sign of fading yet. A great piece of kit, and the days of dead iPhones are gone forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget for travelling, 8 Aug. 2014
My girlfriend and I bought this for our interailing through Europe as a backup if we couldn't find an electrical outlet. It came fully charged, with two USB-microUSB cables: one short, and one even shorter. It was a great gadget to have with us either while being on a nighttrain or when we went Trekking, and it seemed to last long too. I managed to get at least 3 full charges for my Google Nexus 4, and I usually charged it after that but it was still on 1 bar so there might have been at least half a charge left. Really great device, especially that it can charge two devices at the same time.

The only minor downside is the charging time of the battery itself, it takes a LONG time. Read reviews that it takes 16 hours for complete charge. I charged it from 1 bar and it took roughly 9-10 hours.

I can see this device being great if you are camping and won't be near an electric outlet for a long time. We used it a lot because we used our smart phones for using the GPS or looking things up over the internet plus booking hotels and the like. I recommend this product if you are going out travelling for a longer period of time, but if you are looking for a backup say for everyday use this might be a bit overkill

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 5-Stars, 21 Sept. 2014
Chris Smith "Chris" (Carmarthen, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't know why i didnt buy this product sooner. This has really changed the way that i use my phone. When i am working the phone coverage is terrible that it kills the battery on the phone. This allows me to use for longer and not worry about looking for a socket. It arrived before i went camping with a few friends and that lasted me the whole weekend. It will work with any phone including iPhones. I don't know why i didn't think of this before as it has really changed my life and the way i can use my phone for longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy., 25 Jun. 2014
Does what it says on the tin. It was charged up when it arrived and I've used it to charge an iPhone 4S twice whilst out walking and using the phone as a GPS. Worked a treat. Bit heavy in the pocket, but the GPS does drain the phone over a 3 hour walk, but not anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars EasyAcc Power Pack, 25 Jan. 2015
N. Barnfield - See all my reviews
Certainly the price was right, delivery was quick and it arrived fully charged.
The item itself is easy on the eye, feels good and the four lights fit perfectly flush.
I use it on a Raspberry Pi for making time lapse videos and so far it performs more than well although at the moment I have not run for more than a couple of hours, 3 max.
Certainly charges our two Samsung phones (S3 & S4) with no bother at all.
Have not used it long enough in one go to comepletely discharge the unit but as is the nature of the things re-charging is not quick.
There are several colours to choose from and for what it is worth orange ain't my favourite colour! Still I chose it, albiet from laziness!
I have have no doubt tomorrow a bigger, better and cheaper one will come along but for now this one suit my purpose more than well.
See photo for my "Lunch Box Camera" with the power pack although not connected here.