Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 9 March 2014
Grey and Chase live in very different worlds. Grey lives in a trailor at the top of a mountain and works in a department store, while Chase is a hotshot baseball player with a pent house in New York City and yet they both have so much in common.

I enjoyed that the book was written in the view of both Grey and Chase as it does mean I got to know both characters. Grey is very independent and has learnt not to depend on a man even if she has been watching him since she was 16. Chase see's woman as contracts and that has been working for him, until he is injured and ends up in Beaver Field.

I really love how they meet and how they react to the tension they feel. They have a sweet romance and on occasions I thought I know what will happen next but I was always surprised to see the twists the book took.

I would have liked to see a bit more in the epilogue but I am 100% sure that it is only because I enjoyed the characters so much that I was not ready for it to end.

I would recommend this book to everyone reading this post.

To see the full post - [...]
on 28 February 2014
I liked the characteristics of Grey from the beginning, she was fiesty yet soft. I never quite warmed to Chase, he was too much of arrogant I‘m famous so I will look down my nose at you du*ba**s at the beginning to ever come back and repair that for me. I did enjoy the book overall, the author did well to immerse me as a newbie in the baseball world without boring me with too many sport references, however I was left feeling the story dragged on in places.

overall
plot 4
chars 3.5
writing 4
pacing 3.5
cover 4
heat 4

*Arc kindly provided by author/inkslinger pr
on 3 April 2015
An absolutely great tale by Collette. It has so much Information about baseball in it I'm a converted fan. The rest of the story was up to her usual high standard. Pacy, steamy, twisting and turning, surprising and thoroughly entertaining this book has some humorous moments. I've now read three of Collette' s novels and each one is from the top draw of romantic entertainment. A definite must to join the other two novels on the " to read" shelf.
on 27 September 2014
It was one of the most anticlimactic book I've ever read. Most of the storyline is far fetched, the characters make up for being clichés and shallow by making extremely unrealistic decisions, and things that matter in life - like faithfulness, or loyalty, take a back step without so much as an afterthought.
It's not badly written, really: it's just a bad story.
on 20 August 2014
I enjoyed this book but not as much as I thought I would. The storyline is very good and its written in two points of view. Although chase and Grey's story is great and it is a good read I just didn't find myself engrossed and that's very rare for me as an avid reader. I like sport related reads and am still going to read the next book game changer.
on 14 May 2014
Enjoyed the book, good twists and turns. Read it within a day, Chase did my head in at times, he is a bit stubborn but lived Grey, especially her sister, still smiling as I think of her lol, it's a deff buy, you will enjoy it x
on 23 April 2014
I wasn't blown away by this book, some parts were too drawn out and at times I wanted to shout to Grey to get a grip and dump Chase. I ended up skipping chunks towards the end. Ok for a quick read, but don't expect fireworks.
on 15 May 2014
Great story, had me not wanting to put down my kindle and I didn't. I was hooked from start to finish :)
on 1 April 2014
the storyline was extremely dull and predictable without any chemistry. the storyline was a joke. Do not recommend this. waste of money.