5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Published 5 months ago by Caduceus

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there...
Published 2 months ago by Pan Forestgod

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Samsung S-View Wireless Case Cover for Galaxy S5 - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
For me, this is perfect. I don't agree with the reviewers who said it needs a magntic clasp. They can interfere with the GSM sensors and add extra bulk - so I'm glad they left it out. I don't agree with the reviewers who said it doesn't stay shut. Mine stays shut straight out of the box. Maybe they changed this later models. I don't agree with the reviewer who complained that the window gets dirty - it's no dirtier than the screen would get without a case. In fact, the window is fantastic feature because the S5 software automatically recognizes that this cae has been fitted, and presents you with new functionalilty which, amogst other things, allows you check the time and take pictures without even opening the cover. The quality of the faux leather is smart and excellent. I'm very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, stylish, easy view and wireless charging - this case has it all!, 9 Oct 2014
Having enjoyed wireless charging with a Nokia phone, I was pleased to learn that Samsung has wireless cases for the S5. This book style case looks smart and the intelligent viewing window is very good, providing a smaller at a glance lock screen that let's you see notifications for texts, use the camera and works with the alarm clock. It does make the phone a little thicker, but not much, and appears that it would offer some protection if the phone was dropped.

The back is very easy to change and fit to the phone, and has the same rubber seal as the original case to maintain the waterproof rating. The cover doesn't close completely immediately when you put it down, as other reviewers have mentioned, however it does close fully under its own weight after a minute or two.

By far the best feature is the wireless charging capability. This works with my existing Nokia wireless charging plate, and means i can put the phone down next to my bed, in the knowledge it will be fully charged in the morning. It stops charging when reaching 100% so does not overcharge or overheat, though the manufacturer does not recommend leaving it on the plate after charging is complete.

Very happy with this product, if a little pricey for a phone case but it does everything i want it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover and actually worth the money, 8 Nov 2014
Excellent cover and actually worth the money. The contact charging is brilliant. I doubt I'll ever open the usb cover. Bit strange getting used to making a cll then closing the cover and carrying on with the call or answering with the cover closed but soon get used to it. The cover want to close all the time when you first get it but after a while (I'm talking a few weeks here) it "relaxes". Very well made.
One good tip. People have noted the screen is very prone to fingerprints. This is because the clear sticky (there's a clue here...) covers that you peel off leave a sticky residue that attracts fingerprints. Clean the surface with a small amount of 70% ethanol (rubbing alcohol, same thing for this purpose) on a lint free tissue then breath on it and clean it with a dry one. Voila! It'll still get the odd print but just clean it again. You can use this for the screen too (and laptop screens etc.) Make sure whatever you clean is *switched off* when you do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Samsung product for once, 13 Aug 2014
Nice to receive the genuine article having been sent bogus ones from elsewhere.

Works like the S-View cover I had on my S4 except that Samsung have now included wireless charging in the back cover, so no messing around trying to fit your own. Would have been nice to have a choice of colours (I had the orange s-view cover on my S4) instead of just black or white.

Looks nice, works and recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and seller, 27 May 2014
I thought it was a bit expensive, but it's really worthy. The cover itself looks good. You can receive/reject calls without open the cover. You can also take pictures with the cover on, which is unexpected.

I have also bought the wireless charging pad for this. It's convenient to charge the phone without plunging a cable, but it takes a while to fully charge it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality premium product, but a little bulky and doesn't always stay closed, 28 July 2014
I ordered this for my new S5 before I had the phone. I originally ordered the standard (non-wireless-charging) S-View cover, as I liked the idea of a cover that allowed notifications to be visible. I then read about the wireless-charging version and, concerned about the inconvenience of opening the waterproof cover every night to charge my phone, decided to pay the not insignificant extra cost to get the wireless charging cover and a cheap Qi charger pad (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FEAGZ6E/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_1).

I'm very pleased with the quality of the case. It's not showing any signs of wear yet (although to be honest at its price I wouldn't expect it to) and it protects the phone fairly well. Infuriatingly, there's no magnetic catch to hold it shut - so it does tend to flap open if it's been folded back for a while. I really don't understand this omission, given that there is presumably a magnet there to turn the screen on and off - but this may be a design fault of the phone rather than the cover. The wireless charging element does add some additional thickness to the back of the phone (compared to the non-wireless charging version), which is disappointing - particularly given that 3rd party wireless charging receivers are available which fit under the battery cover without adding any bulk (but admittedly at the risk of interfering with the waterproof seal). The transparent area of the cover does pick up finger prints badly, but I can't see any sign of any scratches despite it living in my pocket.

Wireless charging works as advertised, but does cause the phone to get quite warm. I don't actually use it overnight (which arguably defeats the original point of my purchase) for this reason, but I think an official Samsung charger might turn off more effectively once the phone is charged? I'm generally pleased with my purchase though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best wireless charging option, 25 Oct 2014
Good quality case. Wireless charging works with both my Qi wireless charging pads so didn't need to splash out on the Samsung official one.

S-View window is handy but I've found the 'cover camera' to be rubbish compared to the full camera app you can launch from the lock screen. The resolution and quality from the cover camera is much reduced. Not sure why as it's the same electronics and optics being used - I guess the app must be that much more limited.

I've also got the official Samsung wallet case, and this wireless version adds a fair amount of bulk and a few millimetres extra thickness compared to that. For me the wireless charging (while retaining waterproofing) is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars works well with wireless charger and looks great. Black is an all rounder colour and goes ..., 23 Nov 2014
I. Ali (Middx, UK) - See all my reviews
Fab quality cover, works well with wireless charger and looks great. Black is an all rounder colour and goes with any handbag!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth having, but don't forget the Spigen clip!, 24 Nov 2014
At first I was annoyed at the added bulk of this case. Compared to the one I had on my S3, which also replaced the rear cover but added no noticeable thickness at all, this one's a bit clunky.

Then I dropped my precious S5. And was glad of the extra protection offered.

One tip, though - also shell out for the Spigen clip to keep the case closed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there..., 27 Oct 2014
Wireless charging is the only merit of an s-view cover. But you can also get it with a respective back. All-round protection of the device is weak, when you take photos with cover on, only square format is possible (OK for instagram but very uncomfortable in case you want to shoot a proper pic or video). Also it would be nice if the cover could stay closed (or while folded backwards).
There is also a childish design mistake here. LED notifications are hidden when cover is closed! All it was needed was a tiny little hole!