Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 April 2014
Well where do I begin in writing about an album that is one of the best I have heard in 10 years?! Sabre and Torch is a hard hitting opening track that had me raising my fist and rocking out within the first three seconds and Love Tyger had me jumping around my room like I was 16 again! Alone in Myself really struck a personal cord with me and it was like, "damn i've been there too." It actually moved me to tears when I first heard it and is still having that effect on my on the sixth round of listening to the album. Space Police is one of those albums that will become timeless and is Edguy's best work yet.
Nicely done!
Amy
on 24 April 2014
The man with eigthies moustache with a cybernetic gun in his hand and that Alien on the background lost in space are a perfect foreword for the album that immediatly appears crazy and unconventional.

This idea seems to be retract from the first track of the album Sabre & Torch: catchy riff, similar to the opening Misterya’s riff but not too much. The melody works: Edguy are back again, funny as always, in their classic Edguy Style.

Nice point of view… totally broken down by the second track of the album, Space Police, where Tobi seems to say “OK, WE’VE PLAYED ENOUGH. NOW LET’S GO FOR SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THIS POINT TO THE END OF THE ALBUM.”

So, caught off guard we start floating into space from 80s epic metal and glam rock to the most progressive melodies and mature lyrics.

Ah, In the album there’s the best Edguy Ballad Tobi has ever written ;)

Space Police – Defenders Of The Crown reminds us that Edguy are able to destroy our personal Idea of Classic Edguy Style, surprising us even after 20 years.

B.O.
on 5 August 2014
I buy about 30 albums per year, I generally know what I like and usually read other reviews in advance of making a purchase. Generally speaking out of my 30 (ish) album purchases a year a few are dross, most are Ok and a few are absolutely sensational. When I say "Sensational" I mean hairs standing up on the back of my neck and a big grin on my face, even after repeated plays... This album is definately in the SENSATIONAL category. Upbeat, Catchy Hard Rock with excellent production. Play it LOUD and Enjoy.
on 27 April 2014
Having listened to this a few times now it's rapidly becoming my favourite Edguy album. There's not a single bad song on the album. Love Tyger is just pure genius, you can't help but sing along and the lyrics are brilliantly funny.
Sabre and Torch is another fantastic track, so much energy to it, I cannot wait to hear this live in September, great heavy metal song.
The Eternal Wayfarer was definitely a surprise high note, not often you find such a gem as the last song on an album but I can't stop listening to it.
Overall every single track is amazing and I couldn't love this album more, so much energy to the whole thing, you can definitely hear them going back to their roots with this one and all the hype has been completely deserved.
And then of course there's England. It mentions Mr Bean and Bob Catley, there are no words for how amazing this song is.
Buy the album, just buy it.
on 12 June 2014
This album opens with a track that instantly takes you back to the Hellfire Club album and reminds you just how good Edguy are. Edguy are back to the best they have been in a number of years, and the song writing, hooks and melodies are excellent throughout. The only thing that is lacking is a bit of the heaviness from Hellfire Club. Instead, the rest of the album feels like a homage to glam rock and 80s hair metal, but let’s face it, if anyone can do that era justice it’s the tongue-in-cheek antics of Tobias and Edguy. Stand out tracks are ‘Sabre and Torch’, ‘Space Police’, ‘Love Tyger’ and ‘The Eternal Wayfarer’. This will be my album of choice on the sunny drives home from work in 2014. It’s up-beat, catchy and easy to sing along to. Oh, and if you thought you’d never hear a song concerning Mr Bean, Birmingham New Street Station and Steve Harris you can put your fears to rest, Edguy have done it!
on 12 May 2014
I was kind of sceptic at first, because the last 2 efforts were not exactly my cup of tea. But what really hooked me up, even before I spin the CD on my Stereo was the INCREDIBLE layout made for this album, design , cover ,pictures etc...the best Metal/ Rock cover I've seen in years, totally worth the quid paid, I got the Earbook edition by the way. As for the album, you will find a more mature band, not the wild kids they were at the end of 90's, if you are expecting that sound, do not waste your time, because it is not. Instead of, they gave us an enjoyable and accurate album while you are driving back home, or when you just want to relax and enjoy music at home's quiet corner, full of nice choirs and catchy riffs, a Tobias more digestible tone than in the past. It may not be among the seven wonders, but still, a fun worth to play album.

Rock on!!!
on 10 June 2014
The big question was could the new album really live up to all the hype and expectation? Well yes it does. Storming tracks showcasing their talents. Amazing tracks include: Space Police, Defenders of the Crown, Rock Me Amadeus and the list goes on. Alone In Myself is a fantastic ballad and then we come to the final track, Eternal Wanderer. Avantasia's influence in this song is un-missable. It's long, bombastic and by far the best track on the album.

The only negative (and it's a very small niggle) is that Tobias' tongue isn't planted as firmly in his cheek compared to previous albums, hence the 4 stars. However, this album is another addition to Tobias' genius of work. The most under rated man on the planet. : )
on 5 November 2014
A good release from Edguy, a nice mix of fun, covers and hard rock. Edguy are at their best when poking fun at things and this one works best in that area with Love Tyger & England counted amongst its tracks. Hard not to like the Album, definitely recommended. If your not an Edguy fan, buy the England Track, then the Love Tyger one. If you are an Edguy fan, buy the entire Album.
on 8 May 2014
Other reviewers said it already ,so I wont say much ,only that this album is just fantastic.The last 2 albums I was not very crazy about ,so I sampled this one before I bought it and I liked what I heard. But when I listened through the album ,I was amazed. This cd is maybe the best Edguy album ever.Time will tell ,but I think it will be a classic down the road.It already is.
on 23 April 2014
After a couple of albums that didn't wow me and a Tobias Sammet who looked like he was pouring his heart out on his Avantasia project (fantastic albums), Edguy is finally back with a vengeance. Fantastic songs, great and hysterical lyrics and hooks en masse. This album is a serious contender for the metal album of the year. A must buy!