5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome!, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Space Police - Defenders of the Crown (Audio CD)
Well where do I begin in writing about an album that is one of the best I have heard in 10 years?! Sabre and Torch is a hard hitting opening track that had me raising my fist and rocking out within the first three seconds and Love Tyger had me jumping around my room like I was 16 again! Alone in Myself really struck a personal cord with me and it was like, "damn i've been there too." It actually moved me to tears when I first heard it and is still having that effect on my on the sixth round of listening to the album. Space Police is one of those albums that will become timeless and is Edguy's best work yet.
Nicely done!
Amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Do me like a caveman you Love Tyger!!!, 1 May 2014
AMAZING! This Album is one of the greatest from my favourite band. It encapsulates the jokeyness of Rocket Ride and the serious metal of Hellfire and Mandrake. The vocals, the guitar riffs and the craziness of Tobi that seriously shines through like a hammer to the heart! I cannot wait to hear this live. Another amazing album. The Earbook was so worth the extra pennies too. It's the uberfan's ultimate dream! All the lyrics so i can sing along to the crazy pitch, gorgeous pictures to drool over with history and tours wrapped in the gorgeous vinyl looking art and complete with the new book smell AHH! I'm one lucky girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing.Amazing.Amazing., 24 April 2014
This review is from: Space Police - Defenders of the Crown (Audio CD)
The man with eigthies moustache with a cybernetic gun in his hand and that Alien on the background lost in space are a perfect foreword for the album that immediatly appears crazy and unconventional.

This idea seems to be retract from the first track of the album Sabre & Torch: catchy riff, similar to the opening Misterya’s riff but not too much. The melody works: Edguy are back again, funny as always, in their classic Edguy Style.

Nice point of view… totally broken down by the second track of the album, Space Police, where Tobi seems to say “OK, WE’VE PLAYED ENOUGH. NOW LET’S GO FOR SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THIS POINT TO THE END OF THE ALBUM.”

So, caught off guard we start floating into space from 80s epic metal and glam rock to the most progressive melodies and mature lyrics.

Ah, In the album there’s the best Edguy Ballad Tobi has ever written ;)

Space Police – Defenders Of The Crown reminds us that Edguy are able to destroy our personal Idea of Classic Edguy Style, surprising us even after 20 years.

B.O.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away!, 23 April 2014
Well, what can I say. This album is not just an album from my favourite band ever but this album has taken on a life of it's own and become the soundtrack to my life. I listen to it everywhere I go. The songs are perfect, Perfectly written and performed and every day I wake up a day closer to hearing them live. I'm due to see the band in September in Manchester and my god sometimes I wish I had a time machine to fly to september and keep revisiting the day over and over again. but i digress. It's nigh on impossible to have a favourite track on this album. I love every second of it. I'm listening to it now as I write this (Shadow eaters) by the way :)
As the ultimate fan some may call me biased but if I could only listen to one album all my life this would be it and I'd make everybody else listen to it too (and I'm trying). I have converted my fiancee to an Edguy fan who is coming with me to the gig and this album has more than helped to convert her into an uberfan. Thats true love for you right there.... a mutual love of Edguy.......and the Space Police obviously :D
Thank you Edguy!!!!

Your greatest fan :)
Chris King

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Powerful, 23 April 2014
AMAZING WORK!!
I have been waiting for this album for months and I am NOT disappointed excellent work guys.
Right from the opening riff in Sabre and Torch then right through the album and the beautiful 'Alone In Myself', when I listen to the album whilst travelling I always have a grin on my face it's such a happy album and Tobi has outdone himself with the powerful melodic vocals

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to old form, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Space Police - Defenders of the Crown (Audio CD)
After a couple of albums that didn't wow me and a Tobias Sammet who looked like he was pouring his heart out on his Avantasia project (fantastic albums), Edguy is finally back with a vengeance. Fantastic songs, great and hysterical lyrics and hooks en masse. This album is a serious contender for the metal album of the year. A must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums by this very underrated band, 14 July 2014
James McGregor (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
One of the best albums by this very underrated band!
I would recommend anyone with a taste for classic sounding rock/metal to give this is a spin!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Mr. James S. Edmondson (u.k.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Space Police - Defenders of the Crown (Audio CD)
crazy euro metal but love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Edguy getting back th their best, 12 Jun 2014
This album opens with a track that instantly takes you back to the Hellfire Club album and reminds you just how good Edguy are. Edguy are back to the best they have been in a number of years, and the song writing, hooks and melodies are excellent throughout. The only thing that is lacking is a bit of the heaviness from Hellfire Club. Instead, the rest of the album feels like a homage to glam rock and 80s hair metal, but let’s face it, if anyone can do that era justice it’s the tongue-in-cheek antics of Tobias and Edguy. Stand out tracks are ‘Sabre and Torch’, ‘Space Police’, ‘Love Tyger’ and ‘The Eternal Wayfarer’. This will be my album of choice on the sunny drives home from work in 2014. It’s up-beat, catchy and easy to sing along to. Oh, and if you thought you’d never hear a song concerning Mr Bean, Birmingham New Street Station and Steve Harris you can put your fears to rest, Edguy have done it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Edguy still the best, 10 Jun 2014
Bagpuss (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Space Police - Defenders of the Crown (Audio CD)
The big question was could the new album really live up to all the hype and expectation? Well yes it does. Storming tracks showcasing their talents. Amazing tracks include: Space Police, Defenders of the Crown, Rock Me Amadeus and the list goes on. Alone In Myself is a fantastic ballad and then we come to the final track, Eternal Wanderer. Avantasia's influence in this song is un-missable. It's long, bombastic and by far the best track on the album.

The only negative (and it's a very small niggle) is that Tobias' tongue isn't planted as firmly in his cheek compared to previous albums, hence the 4 stars. However, this album is another addition to Tobias' genius of work. The most under rated man on the planet. : )

Space Police - Defenders of the Crown
Space Police - Defenders of the Crown by Edguy (Audio CD - 2014)