Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 July 2014
Review

After the high that was the Caravaggio Conspiracy i had some very high expectations for this new book, possibly too high. The story as ever with an Alex Connor book is a little dark, very twisty and packed full of unexpected surprises. What i felt it lacked was a clear central character chasing down the clues, it needed Gil Eckhart. Don’t get me wrong it has characters that peck away at the clues, who try to unravel the plot, who search for the meaning and the answer, but me personally i like to have that single character pulling it together, Nicholas Laverne could not do that because he had another role to fill. It does though still have the great characters that Alex Connor is known for and the powerfully twisting plots she is known for.

A major bonus with this authors crime thrill rides is the education, there are not many thriller writers who leave me feeling i have learned something, before this book i knew nothing about Hieronymus Bosch, the book has led to finding out more, just as the last book led to learning more about Caravaggio. Any books that inspire that response is a winner in my book (pun intended).

As an avid reader of Historical Fiction and Fantasy i always need my secret (or not anymore) pleasure on hand, and that’s a great thriller. Alex Connor as ever falls into that category, based on my rating of the last book this one is a 4/5 but that’s probably because she knocked it out of the park with The Caravaggio Conspiracy, once again a winner for the author and for Quercus, i look forward to the next book.

(Parm)

Novels
The Rembrandt Secret (2011)
aka The Other Rembrandt
The Hogarth Conspiracy (2011)
aka Legacy of Blood
The Memory of Bones (2012)
Isle of the Dead (2013)
The Caravaggio Conspiracy (2013)
The Bosch Deception (2014)

Novellas
Unearthing the Bones (2012)
Blood on the Water (2013)
The Forger, the Killer, the Painter and the Whore (2013)
The Garden of Unearthly Delights (2014)
on 9 August 2014
Another very enjoyable story from a great writer.

There was a good plot that provided enough twists and turns to keep me wondering about where it might all go to. I do not want to spoil the plot for others so will limit myself to saying that one of the things that appealed to me on looking back over the book when I had finished it was how an element of the plot was revealed to be little but a morning mist that vanished when the sun shone on it. The build up of this element was wonderful though which made the final revelations even more enjoyable. Part of this was that the author has developed the characters much more than is usual in thriller-type books.
on 12 September 2014
I knew nothing about the art world until I started reading these books by Alexandra Conner, I love being able to learn and get a really good well written story into the bargain.
Alexandra keeps up her high standards in this latest offering and as ever this leaves me wanting more, can't wait til the next one.
on 12 September 2014
Great read once again from Alex Connor, the last time I picked up a book from this author I was forced to add another genre to the reading list and this now compounds the problem further! If this is your thing you'll love it and if it's not then prepare to be converted, fantastic on every level!
on 8 July 2014
Another fantastically gripping read from Alex Connor based on the art of Hieronymous Bosch, with links to modern day London. Thrilling!
on 24 October 2014
This Lady must be one of most under-rated fiction writer in the Country. Her imagination is gripping. Never start her books during the evening - you will be reading all night!! She has a natural talent to write - wouldn't we all like it! She is unique - can't be copied!
on 7 November 2014
Great read, great ending. Well done Alex, best of your art world mysteries in my opinion. Would recommend this one.
on 15 July 2014
I enjoyed cthis book it kept me guessing untilbthe end. I woud buy again from this author.
on 17 November 2014
This is the fourth novel by Alex Connor I have read and thoroughly enjoyed. I never thought I would find this sort of novel gripping or even interesting, but from the very first chapter, in any of her books, you are right in there and struggle to put it down.

Now I need to have a look to see what else is next.... Can't wait!
on 15 July 2014
Look forward to each book..a great read..