5.0 out of 5 stars Holding On...To Black Stone Cherry!!
Finally, BSC's fourth has arrived and I was praying it was going to be better than the slightly disappointing 'Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea' - even though it contained some gems. Magic Mountain is twice as good as the third album; I was completely blown away by the monstrous first single 'Me And Mary Jane' which is definitely a contender for the best BSC song...
Published 7 months ago by MarkP

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't get into it
As a Black Stone Cherry fan I just don't have the heart to give them less than 3 stars.

That might not make sense and I agree it is a strange thing to say, let me explain. I have been a big BSC fan since I took a chance on their first album. I couldn't wait for their second album Folklore and superstition and it didn't disappoint. It is my favourite album by...
Published 4 months ago by OddJob

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (Audio CD)
Lets start by saying I am huge BSC fan. Saw them in their 4 show concert this year, got all their previous stuff and had Magic Mountain on pre- order like any self-respecting fan. Heard the single Me and Mary Jane constantly on Planet Rock and the taster of a few songs from the album at their gig left me in excited anticipation at the release of the new album. Sadly, that's where the good news ends for me. I find the album overall quite bland I m afraid guys. There are usually a host of killer tracks on any ,BSC album that get to you straight away. Despite playing it several times in the car, I am struggling to remember many of the tracks and it left me reaching for another CD. I will persist with my listening but have to say that this is far from a classic unfortunately......and as a fan, that's hard for me to admit......

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (Audio CD)
This album is exactly what it needs to be. Classic blc sound with a fresh twist.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (MP3 Download)
Some good songs but some fillers. Think they peaked with the first two albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (MP3 Download)
First time I listened to this album I was quite disappointed. It just didn't do anything for me, but being a BSC fan I bought it anyway. I've now listened to it 4 or 5 times and absolutely love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, it's good., 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (Audio CD)
Not quite as good as the first two but better than the third. They're experimenting but only a little, and it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (Audio CD)
This contains some of the catchy, gutsy chords this band is known for. Can't wait to see them on their forthcoming tour!

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost Average, 17 Jun 2014
J. M. Green "john94682" (Sutton Coldfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Magic Mountain (Audio CD)
And so to album number 4 which, bearing in mind the quality of the previous 3 albums, is decidedly, almost, average whiffing a little of just getting an album out there before people begin to forget White Trash Millionaire etc!
It's well recorded but there's just nothing to stand out and smack you between the eyeballs - and before you all clatter me with the "you haven't listened to it mate" - it's been on in the car constantly for a week now and there is just nothing that makes me want to hit the repeat button to hear a hook, a guitar break or (heaven forbid) an anthem! Even the quieter numbers just do not generate warmth or anything inviting. Maybe it really is a case of me just expecting too much from these Kentucky rockers but really, when they have promised so much in their previous releases, to come up with nothing fresh is more than just a little disappointing, it's downright criminal.
Fortunately, by holding back on purchase, I have procured this album for a lot less than it started out at, but nonetheless, I am still several pounds poorer and no music richer..... !
Punters - you have been warned

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album look forward to seeing them again, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (Audio CD)
Black stone cheery as always at there best turn it up loud and enjoy all the albums see them in concert see support bands and rock till we drop

4.0 out of 5 stars Heading back to their roots!, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (Audio CD)
I was very surprised when I gave this a first listen. I was hoping the band wouldn't fall into the mainstream sound trap which was the direction their last album was heading. I am pleased to say they didn't. They have regressed a bit back into their hard southern rock sound. There are a few radio friendly tracks but overall a good album to keep their fan base happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Rock Album - love this band!, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magic Mountain (Audio CD)
Love this new album, the band's fourth album is a good mix of heavy rock with a few lighter tracks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Magic Mountain
Magic Mountain by Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD - 2014)