5.0 out of 5 stars You just found THE compilation of 2014
This album is the dogs gonads. I have been waiting for Suburban Base to return and they come back right now with this bad boy gem! Yeah, most old skool DJs will have most of these tunes...I have, but don't let that put you off. Oh no, because this is mixed and you need this in your life. Just in time for summer 2014. Turn it up and feel happy again...big up SubBase.
Published 7 months ago by Alvin Clay

2.0 out of 5 stars Sub Standard
Published 6 months ago by Mr. P. Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars You just found THE compilation of 2014, 4 Mar 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Sub Standard, 8 April 2014
Mr. P. Saunders "Pete Saunders" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
How about 3 CD's of unmixed back catalogue? And less of the Jungle/D&B stuff that can be picked up on CD elsewhere? (Jungle was what was thrust upon us when the decent stuff died out. Did I ever really like it? Not really). Always the same old tunes on these comps & who is this mixed by? Where are the other D Cruze tracks from 1991 & 92? I don't want the lame 2 Bad Mice mix of Future Sound or the piano over kill of that Rachel Wallace record again (the other versions are so very refreshing my friends). I could probably do without the Smart E's track, though the instrumental from the B side might make a nice change? This compilation is all about money - its the sort of crap Ministry Of Sound like releasing - and its aimed at Joe Punter aka the Idiot On The Street. I'd pay top dollar for the first 30 releases or so, unmixed & on compact disc. This CD can stay where it is & hang its head in 5'' shame.

Try these instead:

Sub Base For Your Face LP (1992) (Suburban Base)

Techno's Greatest Hits Volume 1 - Sub Base For Your Face (1993) (Pyrotech Records)

Classic Subbase (1997) (Suburban Base)

Though if you're a fan, you already own them.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 versions going about possibly!?..., 17 April 2014
This review is from: Suburban Base Records (The History of Hardcore, Jungle, Drum & Bass: 1991-1997) [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Seems there are a lot of people pee'd off at this CD 'compilation' with the tracks being mixed.. however I bought this from the site today with the free auto-rip feature through Amazon, and it seems I have been provided with downloads of 3 different mixes, as well as all the tracks as separates, at full length. I'm guessing when the CD arrives tomorrow, they will be mixed. But at least I have the downloads of individual tracks to go with it.

Admittedly it would be preferable to have the CDs with the individual tracks on, and with it being referred to as a 'compilation', it is pretty misleading. Another thing worth mentioning, is the MP3s sent to me through the Amazon service aren't full 320kbps quality, and seem to average around the 270-280 mark (possibly VBR). Obviously if they WERE on the CDs they would be higher quality and be able to be ripped as .aiff's or .wav's...

Still, this is a banging selection of tunes, mixed or un-mixed.. and still worth the tenner in my opinion. Just make sure you purchase a copy where it states 'AutoRip' on the summary through this site and you should get all the tracks as singles too :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning: These are mix CDs, 15 Mar 2014
Great collection of tunes (worth five stars) but messed up being being mixed into each other (minus three stars) rather than each standing alone on a compilation. I overlooked that the CDs were mixed when I bought this, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album is great but Amazon Cloud Player highly disappointing, 21 May 2014
I was very frustrated the Amazon Cloud player doesn't work for New Zealand. I would not have bought this from Amazon nor will I buy any more music from Amazon until I can get the digital download with it every other site offers this nowadays.

3.0 out of 5 stars History of Hardcore on a MIXED album ..., 12 April 2014
Cracking tunes craftily marketed. As others have said, there's little if anything to say this album is mixed. I have to agree I would have avoided it if I'd known. The back catalogue is released digitally so I'm guessing this is where you pay twice if you want the full versions.
Overall a good trip down memory lane but would have preferred unmixed 12"s.

4.0 out of 5 stars killer jungle and hardcore from the old school, 10 April 2014
Monumental sweep of hard-core and jungle from the old days! Major booming tracks that were influential to many early techno/ house/ drum & bass djs. However, I personally do not listen to hard core. I would like it if there was more jungle. If there was I would give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tops, 8 April 2014
Daniel (Sacramento, California USA) - See all my reviews
Exceeded expectations - true roots music - absolutely makes you want to move it, shake it, love it, do it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware this album is mixed!, 6 April 2014
Good album with some legendary tracks but VERY unclear that its actually mixed (only when you open the case its in the insert). Still some cracking old skool tracks but a real shame theyre mixed for all DJs out there! Agree with the other reviewer, maybe Amazon should make it clear on the description on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old skool hardcore fan you will love this!!, 31 Mar 2014
This cd is one of the best old skool CDs I have heard for a long time,3 CDs old skool and jungle take me back! I would defo recommend this if your 30-40 you will be taken back to some happy memories! 10/10 suburban base you have done unselfish proud! Just wish there was more underground hardcore rave out there!