on 28 June 2014
Jayne loves finding new business for the buildings she lets as pop-ups. When Brodan wants to start a business in town she finds him the perfect location for his tea shop. At first there is some attraction between Jayne and Brodan, but is he really the man she's looking for? When she meets his best friend Fergus there's a click straight away, but Jayne doesn't know if he's right for her either. Her best friend Ceard helps her to make some decisions and meanwhile her hair looks always fabulous, because he's a hairdresser.

Will Jayne find the man of her dreams? How is the tea shop doing? It's all in this wonderful novella. I really liked the friendships, the dialogue and the description of the characters in this story. The drawing at the beginning of each chapter is so cheerful. There's a lot of love, but not all is happy and wonderful in the seaside town. The reader is being introduced to several business owners and learns a lot about their lives. That's the strong point of The Tea Shop. Jayne is great, she's fierce and smart and I liked to see how she handled all the different situations she got involved in by accident. The atmosphere is brilliant and I can't wait to read the second part of this series!
on 2 June 2014
Lovely holiday reading with enough good description to hold my attention and plenty of informative detail to make it real. I enjoy baking and needlework myself and so it was of great interest.
on 15 June 2014
I loved this book, Dee-ann draws you right into the characters quickly and I was salivating at the baking being produced throughout this book. I wish I had a tea shop as nice as this locally as I would visit regularly. Again as with most of De-Ann's books, you are drawn into the local community and all thats going on, feeling as thoug you really know these people. Similar to De-ann's The Sewing Bee and Afternoon Tea book,there are two potential mail suitors but luckily she chooses the right one. If you haven't read De-ann Black before, this is the time to start.
on 1 June 2014
Fantastic book, once started cannot be put down!
Easy read that takes you into the story.
Will have to find more now for my holiday!!!
on 30 March 2014
Great book really enjoyed reading first time of reading this author will be reading more.
already downloaded more to my kindle.
on 9 April 2014
Love the Tea Shop stories, this was another book that I found it hard to put down once I started reading. ~Great story
on 31 August 2014
I really enjoyed ready this story. I was on holiday and it was just what I needed to take my mind of things. A clear set of characters, light interactions, and a happy ending. I read it really quickly, and enjoyed every moment. Being about cakes was a bonus as I love cakes as well.
on 26 June 2015
A very light and easy to read romance.

Quite a change from what I usually read - a very pleasant change - and I shall no doubt read some similar books to pass a quiet afternoon.

The story was well told but the ending rather predictable.
on 27 June 2014
I really enjoyed the story maybe a little predictable but still a feel-good read. Have to say I did a double take in the final chapter where the character, throughout the book called Mrs Sherry, suddenly became Mrs Lemon - what was that all about!
on 15 April 2015
I enjoyed reading this book whilst on holiday sat on a quiet beach. Nice characters and predictable story line but gave me a feel good mood after reading it. Have bought some more books by this author and looking forward to reading them!