Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.07

on 4 November 2015
This was one of this year’s free World Book Night titles and looked like an interesting read for any lover of Nordic Noir, despite me being unfamiliar with the authors, although I since discovered that they are responsible for screenplays for both the Martin Beck and Arne Dahl series.

I have to admit to finding it difficult to keep in my mind who was who in the earlier stages of the book, as there are a lot of different characters and several different threads to the story. However, as it progressed, what appeared to be a disparate series of people and events succeeded in coming together in a VERY satisfactory way and with twists that the reader couldn’t anticipate, after being led down some exceedingly blind alleys!

I loved this book and it’s satisfying to see that there is a sequel called ‘Third Voice’, which has already been added to my reading list.
on 30 April 2014
Started slowly but gradually picked ill pace and by the time I was 2/3 through the book, I was completely absorbed in the story . The characters are strong easy to like and the plot though simple is well written sand the revelation at the end took me by surprise .Looking forward to the next book.
VINE VOICEon 8 February 2015
Cracking good story! Don't be put off by:

* the opening chapter.

* the poor editing, leading to repetition, words that shouldn't be there, dodgy translation.

* even the dissatisfaction of not having all of the mysteries cleared up.

* the multi-charactered Jackie Collins-style narrative.

* the irritating references to Swedish placenames : "this is scandinavian!".

Against all odds I found myself really enjoying this suspense-thriller who-dunnit, thanks largely to the obvious skill and experience of the tv noir-scandinavian genre scriptwriters.

So, a star deducted for the above irritations, but nonetheless a cracking good story!

I bought this as a paperback from Waterstones to read on holiday.
on 2 September 2015
I agree with those who found this book slow and somehow boring.....too many names, I got confused (who is who, who did what....). Somewhere in the middle of the book I lost interest but kept reading. Bad translation (greek edition of the book).
on 29 January 2015
An excellent addition to Nordic noir . I read so many of these thrillers that some times the stories blur into one , a week later , I pick up the book again and think , what was this about . Spring tide is very visual so it really stays in the mind, I enjoyed the short clipped cinematic scenes and found the ending a surprise . Plus the multi plot offers up a new view of Stockholm; a dead woman from the past , flash filming of attacks on homeless , underground cage fights , dodgy business men ... there is a lot going on here , plus both the characters of police student Olivia and ex police Stilton offer more quirky than some of the more dull drunken detectives .
on 19 May 2015
I'm glad I found this novel. It was a good read, which I finished in a couple of days. Although the translation appeared unusual, in so much as some of the sentences seemed "cut off", to me this added to a build up of tension.
The plot is basically a cold case, studied by a student-Olivia Ronning. Her character and others were well drawn and believable.
If I had a criticism, it would be the revelation at the end, which I thought a little absurb but this didn't detract from my enjoyment.
I would recommend this for readers who enjoy the Scandanavian/Icelandic thrillers.
on 24 May 2015
This novel takes a different approach to the police procedural by selecting a police student to work on a cold case that happens to have repercussions in the present day. Alongside that is the killing of the homeless and a nice twist is that one of the homeless is the cop who worked on the cold case. Eventually the police student and the homeless cop team up to solve the cold case and the homeless case. There’s a very nice twist at the end. It’s set to be the start of a new series.
on 17 October 2014
The plot is twisty and fast-paced, and the characters interesting and well drawn (and sometimes endearing). However, it reads like a TV drama script, not a novel. It jumps from mini-scene to mini-scene in a way that left me feeling incredibly irritated; as though the writer thought readers have a very short attention span. Also, the translation is a bit clunky; often unsubtle, and occasionally just plain inaccurate. This spoils what is a good story. A shame.
on 26 May 2014
Loved it!!! This book keeps you on your toes, lots of plot to keep you guessing. Nice twist at the end.
on 7 June 2014
These are new authors to me and so it was an impulse buy. Really glad I took a chance and I'll definitely look out for more titles. There spare several strands to the story and several mysterious characters that kept me guessing till nearly the end. All followed by another surprise I hadn't seen coming. Recommended