5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to resist, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blog to Win Business: How to Enchant Readers and Woo Customers (Kindle Edition)
You won't learn how to write by just reading a book. That's what Henneke Duistermaat says in her intro. But if you ask me, that doesn't apply to her own book.

Because even if you're lazy and you don't do the practical exercises she gives you in every chapter, then this book will still make you think about your blog writing.

The help and advice that the author offers may not be very revolutionary or new. But this book wants to help you, not shock you. It's written in such an accessible, friendly and engaging way that I found it impossible to resist. I simply had to grab a pen and some paper to analyse my own blog and how I write for it.

Somehow this fun little book is so mesmerising that you will actually want to get up and put its ideas into practice.

Is this book for you? It is, whether you're still trying to find your way in the blogging scene, or just aren't attracting the amount of business you were hoping for through your blog. Whether you're blogging "for real", or merely "for fun" and you want to build an audience.

Because despite its immense size, the internet still needs better blog content. The kind you actually enjoy reading and look forward to. Read this book, do the work, and you'll be on the right track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and Inspiring., 4 Mar 2014
M. Hart (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
I found Henneke's book a captivating delight to read. She has enticed me into the world of blogging for business like I couldn't have imagined. I haven't written a blog for my business at present but I have been toying with the idea for about 6 months. This book has given me the motivation and confidence to start.

There is so much great advice in the book. It's not a long book but the knowledge is effortlessly passed on to you in a conversational and engaging manner. I couldn't help but get excited at the prospect of beginning my own blog and where as I had only a few ideas initially, I now have many more to play with.

There are some nice exercises to help you decide who your ideal reader is and how you can write your best blog posts to satisfy their thirst for information on what's current in your particular niche. Thank you Henneke for writing such an entertaining and charming guide to blogging for business. I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp. Smart. Utterly engaging - Henneke had me at hello., 28 Feb 2014
Ms Duistermaat does exactly what she's teaching you to do.

She catches your attention with her carefully crafted headlines. Reels you in with her hypnotic language and bullet-pointed promises. Keeps you hanging on her every word. Informed and inspired.

This book is brilliant.

Read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 22 Mar 2014
I have read a few books recently on writing blogs and articles, but this one was by far the best. Henneke keeps everything simple and entertaining. I guarantee you will learn a lot from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book beyond method, tips and examples, 5 Mar 2014
In her last book Henneke explain things well and clearly. Like the best bloggers of the time. What’s different is that she starts with the main point: “Find a purpose at the crossroads of what your ideal reader wants to read and what you want to write about.”
We’ve all heard so many times that it’s all about “them” and not about “you”.
She puts the balance right, with style. The book is a joy to read.