on 1 March 2014
this book is as heartbreaking to read as the first book. a range of emotions again.sadness, disbelief, anger and rage that an adult would ever treat children in this disgusting manner. a briliant account of a sad and abusive childhood by the brother of scott. a must read.
on 20 April 2014
This story was equally as good as the first, the horrific abuse continued in this chilling story based on the older brother's perspective, the daily violence from the stepfather was cruel, heart-breaking and emotional. In particular the way he had made the family live in such fear was unbelievable.

I found that this story made me so angry, the writing allowed me to feel every punch and every kick that the children suffered. He truly was a vile man and I commend Scott B Salvatore for overcoming his past and enlightening us upon the life his family had. I look forward to further stories from Salvatore. Highly recommend, five stars, brilliant.
on 26 February 2014
Such a sad and brilliant book. Unimaginable that such abuse and violence happened for so long. I enjoyed both the first and this second Violent Stepfather story. I could hardly see to read by the end of the story, as I was crying so much. I felt the pain, violence, and raw emotion the author had portrayed. Can't wait for more stories from Scott B Salvatore.
on 28 February 2014
This story is brilliant left me speechless how can a twisted mind of a stepfather can do such horrific things to what he calls family, but at least through the strengths of the mum and 2 boys, who end up safe and happy, it has left me speechless. Strongly recommend
on 24 February 2014
The unimaginable cruelty continues in this second instalment of the Violent Stepfather. I couldn't put this down, traumatic horror from start to finish, how a man could physically abuse two children and his wife in such a way sends chills down my spine. This story had me on the edge of my seat on several occasions, every chapter ends leaving me wanting to find out more.

I loved the paragraph about the robin, the way the boy explains how the tiny bird risks life and death for its young, yet his stepfather wouldn't even look at him without slanderous abuse and violence.

Really is sickening to know this is a true story. I'm glad you and your family managed to escape away from it all eventually.

I would recommend this to anyone.
on 24 February 2014
This was simply brilliant, being able to witness the story through the eyes of the older brother. Made me so angry that this wasn't picked up on in school by teachers. Some horrific experiences both the mother and sons had to deal with.

This answered many questions that had arisen from the first story while providing an incredible story that follows the older brother. Some of the punishments the stepfather used were barbaric and horrendous. He was truly a vile man. I very much enjoyed both stories and can't wait for further stories from Scott B Salvatore.
on 25 February 2014
After reading the first book i thought i knew all there was to know about this cruel evil man, but i was wrong after reading this second book my mind struggled to understand the evilness of this one man towards this family. Again i couldn't hold back the tears as these poor boys and their mum endured something no one should in this life or the next. Strong, powerful and touching words which once read should send shovers down your spine. Amazing read x
on 20 March 2014
The second installment of 'The Violent Stepfather' story is just as moving as the first.

Written from the perspective of the older brother, we learn of additional cruelty suffered by the family through another's eyes.

Salvatore continues to bring awareness of child abuse to the world. I look forward to reading more by him.
on 25 February 2014
I can't believe what happened to this family! This story brought out my emotions throughout the reading experience. Things that happen behind closed doors without people realising, its horrendous. Very good story, kept me interested, kept me on my seat and made me cry several times. Loved the ending! Can't wait for more from Scott B Salvatore!
on 2 July 2014
A brave young man to try and stand up to his stepfather. So so sad that this kind of life actually does go on not just for this family but for hundreds. Shocking.