on 4 March 2014
An extremely well told autobiography which draws the reader in and has to be read in one sitting. Just makes me wonder where the neighbours were. A survivor of domestic violence myself I totally felt for a small eight year old with nobody to turn to. Thank God his Mum made the break. Hope he got to serve many years in prison. To bully a woman and little boys is despicable. Well done Scott x
on 23 February 2014
Absolutely Excellent

Joy

This is a brilliant short story. How could anyone live through such horrendous and heartless violence.

From the very first sentence, I was hooked! It is such a descriptive, emotional book that I felt compelled to finish it in one session. I would highly recommend anyone to read it as it gives such an insight into this awful abuse. I would love to know what went through that stepfather’s mind to make him such an awful person and what he did to the dog was simply awful, I felt anger, sadness and delight through this story. Enjoyed every moment of this boy’s horrific childhood.

Highly recommended!
on 1 March 2014
a totally shocking book to read but expertly written. so sad to read what happened to the children and the mum. i felt all emotions from deep sadness, sympathy, absolute rage and disbelief. a great book. am now reading the second book and i have no doubt i will experience the same feelings. highly recommend this book to everyone.
on 23 February 2014
A shocking story, to think that such awful punishments happened to a little eight year old boy. The stepfather was a heartless monster. I truly hope he hadn't found another family to inflict his malice and cruelty upon. How did the teachers not pick up on what was happening?

For 99p this is a bargain, I would have loved to read a full novel about this, maybe Scott B Salvatore will write more stories like this one based on his upbringing. Overall a great read that managed to reduce me to tears on several occasions. Now going to buy the second story, can't wait!!!
on 25 February 2014
From start to finish i had tears flowing down my face, just a true inspiration into the life of a boy who didn't deserve to be punished and came out strong, to be the man i know him to be today. Reading a book that you can connect to made the experience of this much more hard hitting to home then i first imagined. Reading the misfortune of this family should help people understand that this does happen to people and we shouldn't just stand by and allow this to happen, take a stand, and change a life xx
on 1 March 2014
It is hard to believe that things like this really happen!
Sharing such a story must have been so hard but events like this need to be publicised and people need to be made aware...
on 25 February 2014
This is such a moving story, the fact it is related to true life, brings a tear to your eye and shows how strong the 8 year old is and how he truly cares for his mum and brother. Noone should be treated this way, strongly recommend to read the book.
on 20 April 2014
FIVE STARS I thought this book was simply amazing, it gripped me from start to finish and I found I could hardly put the book down once I had started reading it. I thought the story played on a range of emotions from sadness, anger and hatred. The fact that such spiteful punishments were used on a child as young as eight was horrendous. My heartache for the mother was heightened by the fact that I am both a mother and grandmother and would never have treated my own children in such a horrific manner. I would fully recommend this story to others, this was a terrific read and I can't wait to read the next story, the violent stepfather 2.
on 8 August 2014
Firstly, this series of books should be advertised as short stories. All 4 books take less than a day to read. This is a story of quite grim domestic violence, told from the perspective of the victims.
Clearly not a single book had been proof-read. The grammar and mis-spelling is very, very frustrating. Disappointed.
Try putting all 4 books together, as opposed to conning readers that they are purchasing 4 decent length reads.
on 8 May 2014
I admit i havent read this book yet,but i have read bits and pieces and it sounds good (even though child abuse is never good) but i hear its in 2 parts and you have to buy the other one ,which is a bit of a palavar, but i will probably do it anyway!
good delivery and all that!