5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Special Special Edition
Published 2 months ago by Zatoichi

2.0 out of 5 stars After sales support non existent despite operational issues
Published 4 months ago by Nigel Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Special Special Edition, 14 Oct 2014
This watch is everything the fenix 2 is, but with the much-needed positive display. While the negative display of the fenix 2 may be more appealing to those who want an understated watch for every day wear, the positive display of the fenix 2 Special Edition is much more legible for those who really use the watch's capabilities. Major points that make this watch a real standout are the strong vibration alarm and the ability to use just about any 26mm strap one likes. I use it as an every day watch and it has proven very reliable and very versatile. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of kit with a few niggles, 18 Jun 2014
The Fenix 2 is a great bit of kit if you are into multisports. I bought it as a replacement for my Forerunner 410 as I am moving into Triathlon and also wanted a longer battery life for activities such as hiking. It is a much more complex beast to control than the Forerunner, but this is a result of the extra functionality.

As a frequent traveller I must say the change to being able to download to your phone or tablet by bluetooth is very useful rather than having to get to a computer.

In the first couple of weeks however it has proved to have some small niggles.

Firstly it wont allow you to set a pool length of less than 20m. Which is a frustration when my local pool is only 10m long! You can do a workout based on a 20m pool and then change the pool length when you upload to Garmin Connect, but it doesn't update everything and leaves you with inaccurate data. I cant think of a good reason for the limit - even if the accuracy goes down for a smaller pool it would be better than excluding it.

The second niggle is that for some reason mine defaults to kph when cycling despite being reset to mph several times. This is really annoying as I have to reset it every time I go out or have to work out conversions in my head.

The final niggle is the screen is pretty poor overall. If you have 3 measurements on a screen during an activity it is quite hard to read. If like me you wear glasses out of the pool it is almost impossible to read anything when doing a swim session. this is partly size, but also partly poor screen contrast.

So far I have used it for running, cycling and swimming so cant speak for the other functions as of yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, recommended purchase, 9 Nov 2014
Upgraded from my 910XT to this watch mainly due to me adding snow shoe / hiking into my activities. I was actually suprised when I received it, its bigger than it looks in the pics but its still a great looking sports watch and so far no issues for me, very happy with my purchase. I wanted the 920XT but with a lack of a Tri-Bundle (unlike the 910XT???), no real hiking support and non-existant supply I took the plunge with the Fenix 2. It syncs up near instantly with all my sensors (cadeance/speed, HRM-RUN, Tempe, Footpod) and no GPS problems as yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally great, with a minor grumble, 26 Nov 2014
Excellent fitness tracker and combined with the running HRT more training information than you can shake a stick at. One minor gripe, used as a watch it'll lose seconds a day if not synced with GPS and there is no manual way to set the time...here's hoping a firmware upgrade will sort that.

2.0 out of 5 stars After sales support non existent despite operational issues, 26 July 2014
Looks great and works ok in single sport mode. Issues though when using in multi sport mode and as yet, several weeks and several mails later, I still cannot get any response from Garmin support. Have other Garmin devices which is why went for this one, if you need multi sport capability seriously consider whether can get by without Garmin support as their support service is appalling. Where else would you charge a lot of money for your product then totally ignore the customer. So disappointed in way being treated/ ignored that doubt will buy Garmin again

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking multisport watch with flaws, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Garmin Fenix 2 GPS Multisport Watch with Outdoor Navigation (Electronics)
Good looking, well featured multisport watch, tracks GPS well. Downsides, the screen is a bit straining to read, and the light seems to need a double push to show it. The confusing temperature reading 10 degrees higher than the environment, perhaps its defective. The Bluetooth is a bit flakey in connecting the first few times, but eventually could get it to sync with my Note3. The Mobile app isnt much to brag about though.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love gadgets and this is one heck of a gadget ..., 9 July 2014
I love gadgets and this is one heck of a gadget - it gives me an added dimension to my Ironman training and allows me to monitor progress very well. No problems so far although it won't sync with my MIO cadence monitor on my Turbo bike, but my Edge 810 will ?

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good if you run, 26 Nov 2014
Took me a while to find my way around the difference settings. But getting the hang of it now. Very good if you run!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing watch apart from the lack indoor pool option for ..., 9 Aug 2014
Amazing watch apart from the lack indoor pool option for tri's. Hopefully a software update soon as it's available on the 910xt

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Satellite Signal Reception, 8 Sep 2014
Julio Quintero (NEW YORK, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
It takes 20-25 minutes for the watch to receive satellite signal, which defeats the purpose of having the watch for my morning runs. My forerunner never had this problem. I'm trying to contact Garmin and has received no answer so far after 5 calendar days...