1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars These ARE NOT Italian recipes, 26 Feb 2014
J. Vance "J. Vance" (G>B>) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Latest Collection of 30 Top Class, Easy, and Popular Italian Main Dish Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I am currently in Italy, where I have lived for about 25 years, and the mention of chicken and pasta on the same plate drives Italians mad – very mad, and makes them shudder. There is nothing Italian about these, and my Italian chef friend, (I have a few friends who are top chefs, one even won a Michelin star), says these sound terrible and are definitely NOT any Italian food she has ever come across. Neither have I, nor has my Italian husband!
The first thing that strikes me is the photo and recipe do not seem to match, so that is a bit of a delusion. Next thing is – this guy writes as if English is not his first language, but I seriously doubt he is Italian!
The recipes do not inspire, I am not even sure they will work, but that is if you can understand them. “Heavy cream (or so)”, “cook over low temperature setting till bacon become crunchy”, “take shredded zucchini and it to oil”, what is 'it'?, or is it ADD, “add grated cheese and add a couple of handfuls of this”, whatever 'this' is. I could go on, and on , but I think the message is clear.
Even reading most of these makes me feel ill at the thought of eating them – Cheesy lasagna soup – all I can imagine is the greasy cheese floating in top and under than soggy lasagna strips, (even though there is actually no lasagna in this).
No, not nice, not Italian, not well written, photos not matching or not clear, no not worth getting – most definitely NO!