Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 July 2014
Fab! What else would you expect from Mr. Hughes!
on 29 May 2014
From the ashes of Black Country Communion rises the phoenix that is California Breed ... And, my, how it soars!!! Re-setting the bar for power trios, this is quite simply magnificent! Just buy it ... You WON'T be disappointed!
on 11 June 2014
It's not often that a new album knocks you off your seat on the first listen & then improves each time, but this does!
Quite simply, California Breed have hit gold first time.
An absolutely stunning album and none will match it this year...BUY BUY BUY!!!!
on 17 June 2014
I like this album, very much so. Most probably not for everyone but it's not going to satisfy all. Am glad I pre ordered it on yellow vinyl. Yes it is a noisy rock album, old skool but modernised. Definately worth a listen.
on 29 May 2014
So first things first. My brief opinion of each of the Black Country Communion albums was:

1 – Promising
2 – Amazing
3 – Disappointing

The sad demise of Black Country Communion has been well document however, I must admit that I was more than a little excited to learn that Messrs Hughes & Bonham were continuing as a collective and what’s more, they had found an exciting young guitar prodigy who had been raised on the classic rock sound of the late 60s/early 70s.

Amazon stepped up to the plate, duly delivering my copy on the day of release and this album has not left my HiFi/Car/Phone since.

WHAT AN ALBUM!

Excellent song writing, huge – no read that as HUGE drums, soaring vocals, driving rhythms and dare I say funky – imagine Jimmy Page in his prime playing with the Chilli Peppers. Make no mistake this is a real rock record and every listen uncovers something new.

I agree wholeheartedly with other contributors who rate it as their Album of the Year so far.

Now Messrs Hughes, Bonham and Watt, may I request a physical return home to the Wolverhampton Civic?
on 1 August 2014
Bit Disappointed in this one I'm afraid.
on 6 June 2014
Maybe I've been spoilt as I've grown up listening to all the great rock bands, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Free, and Gary Moore, etc etc etc! But this new album by California Breed is trying to be a mixture of them all, but I'm afraid is just not up to scratch, it's just a noisy din, no memorable songs, Glen Hughes voice is overpowering and screams too much for my liking, same with the bass & drums just too overpowering, I know they have a new guitarist by the name of Andrew Watt but I felt he could have crafted some more guitar solo's throughout the album, not that it would have probably made any difference anyway.

Nothing new about the material either, it's all been done before by bands who are struggling to find good material and release an album for the sake of it, not a memorable album I'm afraid, if Glenn Hughes & Jason Bonham weren't in this band would it get so many 5 stars? I don't go on reputations I go on how good the music is; this just doesn't cut for me.
on 19 May 2014
Heard the single, "Sweet Tea" and was really impressed.
They have found a great young guitar player in Andrew Watt.
"Chemical Rain" really stands out as this albums killer track with a heavy grungy Kashmir type riff.
Only complaint is could have done with a couple of acoustic numbers to vary it up a bit.

This deluxe edition has the regular 12 tracks including a bonus track, "Solo", and is a pretty good track making 13 in total.
The deluxe also has a DVD that comes with 2 music videos and a 23min making of doc.

To close, nice to hear an old school type stripped down rock band in 2014.
Great song writing, playing, arrangements and some cracking riffs.
Definitely an album for the summer to play loud and will be playing it to my mates.
on 7 June 2015
Awesome album, shame they split up
on 9 July 2014
Excellent service. items arrived as described, on time and packaged well. - Recommended! Purchased for a relative and he loves it.