5.0 out of 5 stars CSL Windows 7 PC
Powerful gaming PC! CSL Speed H4718u (Core i7) incl. Windows 7 - computer system with Intel Core i7-3770 4x 3400 MHz, 1000GB SATA, 16GB DDR3 RAM, MSI Mainboard, GeForce GT 630 4096 MB, USB 3.0 - the ultimate quad core gaming PC!

Published 9 months ago by Mark Belisarius

1.0 out of 5 stars Vorsprung Durch Technik - NOT
OK, so when you buy something what are the things you value? For me it is quality, price and service. So how does this measure up to those criteria?
1. Price - very competitive, it promises a lot for the money
2. Service - Amazon on the ball as usual, no complaints there
Published 8 months ago by D J Harries

5.0 out of 5 stars CSL Windows 7 PC, 27 Oct 2013
Mark Belisarius (Dunfermline, Scotland) - See all my reviews

There are conflicting reviews here. I may have got lucky, but I don't understand the negative reviews. Came next day with Amazon Prime, opened - yes German initially, which changes when you select English for Windows - no misalignment of components.

Absolutely brilliant. Plays Skyrim on ultra high graphics Total War Rome 2 without a problem. Surfing easy and swift.

Based on my experience, awesome pc, awesome performance. Not sure of longevity as only had it a few weeks. Would I buy again based on my experience, absolutely.

5.0 out of 5 stars KWASY, 20 Jan 2014
what more can I say "A excellent machine " very fast delivery it took 2 days to come from Germany.
Got it straight out of the box, it was set up within 15 minutes then it was ready go.
It’s a very very fast machine, I opened everything up from converting videos, playing videos Downloading stuff and it was no trouble for the CPU everything was running smoothly
It’s very silent as well,
As for the misaligned hdmi Video card no problem there all good
I really recommend this machine to anybody who is thinking of buying it go for it !!!!
it’s a really good buy for the money, at pc world you would be paying around 1000 + for something similar
JUST ONE THING IM A BIT P***ED OFF ABOUT IT CAME DOWN IN PRICE BY 20 4 DAYS AFTER BUT THAT’S NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COMPUTER
just one big thankyou to CLS AND AMAZON

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fast computer!, 23 Dec 2013
The computer is fast with browsing and everyday gaming however if you want to play the latest 3D games such as battlefield 4 I would recommend a higher tier graphics card.

Easy to set up and is very quiet!

Very pleased so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vorsprung Durch Technik - NOT, 9 Nov 2013
1. Price - very competitive, it promises a lot for the money
2. Service - Amazon on the ball as usual, no complaints there
3. Quality - well I was a bit perturbed when I found I couldn't plug in my USB keyboard because the mother board was misaligned and the metal flashing covered the USB ports. OK, just teething troubles maybe but irritating nonetheless. Finally everything is connected so I pressed the start button and - nothing. Yes plenty of whirring noises and the main light on the case showed there was power but the monitor remained resolutely blank. Checked all the connections and tried again but still nothing. When the monitor was plugged into the on-board graphics socket then it sprang into life so clearly the problem was the NVidia graphics card and a quick inspection showed it was correctly fitted, just not working.

To me it seems that quality control is non-existent, the machine was dispatched with a dead video card and the USB ports were positioned in a way that made them unusable - so much for German efficiency.

On the plus side Amazon were exemplary (as usual), the machine was collected the next working day and my money was refunded within 24 hours - so no complaints there.

My advice is to choose a different brand

4.0 out of 5 stars nearly perfect, 31 Jan 2014
Product spec exactly as ordered and turned up on time in a very well protected box.My only complaint is that the manufacturers website is all in German and no information regarding guarantee was included with the delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, powerful PC but quality control at supplier could be better, 22 Jun 2014
Powerful gaming PC - CSL Speed 4718uPro (Core i7) incl. Windows 7 (by CSL-Computer, Germany)

Spec:

Intel Core i7-4790 (4x 3600 MHz)
1 GB SATA HDD
16GB DDR3 RAM (x2 * GB modules)
MSI Mainboard
GeForce GT 630 (4096 MB video RAM)
USB 3.0
WLAN (installed on PC, but not reviewed here as not required)
WIN 7 PRO

Ordered Tueday - got an email on Thursday saying that there would be a 10-18 day wait for delivery. It was actually delivered the next day (Friday) !!!

PC reasonably well packed - a Large(ish) sturdy cardboard box contains another (slightly smaller) strudy cardboard. The PC itself is covered in a plastic bag and surrounded by two-piece moulded polystyrene packing sections.

A molded UK plug and 'kettle' type lead is provided, in addition to the standard German 'Schuko' type plug and lead (it is a German supplier, don't forget !).

A small anti-static bag contains the driver disks for the individual hardware components within the PC (Motherboard, Graphics
cards, Operating system, etc). Also within this bag is a smaller wrapped package (approx 3 inches long) containing the two
wireless card antennae (my PC came with this card installed as a standard fit) - be careful that you don't lose these or discard with the packaging !

First impressions: The whole PC is very light and you have a passing thought that something is missing ! Some previous comments about the 'fit' of the rear panel (making the USB 3 ports unuseable) was valid in my case - in the end, I loosened two screws holding the motherboard and used a small instrument screwdriver to 'adjust' the metal surround around the ports until I could get a USB device to fit (any device does the job). I then retightened (but not too tight) the two motherboard screws and all is now well. A minor irritation, but surely should be picked up as part of the suppliers Quality Control (hence I'm giving 4 out of 5 stars) ?

Where a seperate graphics card has been installed such as this review machine, the supplier has helpfully put a large sticker over the on-board graphics port blocking it off and reminding the user that connection is to be made through the card ports (of which there was x1 VGA, x1 DVI and x1 HDMI - the HDMI port being the one that I connected to my to my 50 inch Samsung plasma for testing).

As has been described earlier, the initial 'boot-up' is in German and takes several minutes whilst the drivers are loaded, etc (all notifications are mainly still in German (with the odd English message thrown in for good measure !). Don't panic !

After several minutes, the Microsoft Windows initialisation sequence starts and this is where you change the language (and
keyboard) settings to English UK (or whatever your desired language is):

WARNING:
The Microsoft dialogue boxes also warn you of this icircumstance, but 'll reiterate that you MUST take care chosing the correct language settings at this point, as these CANNOT be changed at a later time !!

Just take your time doing this and all will be well (selection of English (UK) changed the default setting from German to
English (UK) with no dramas at all) !

The next signifcant point is to 'activate' the MS Windows product (mine was WIN 7 PRO) - on this review machine, there is a sticker on the side panel of the computer containing the licence number.
NOTE: I found it very difficult to read the digits on the sticker, as they're pretty small. However, take your time, read them correctly, enter the digits and all will be well again !

After this, the computer will eventually boot to the Desktop - just expect a whole raft of updates to be required, before you use the PC !

CONCLUSION:
I have only carried out the activation and intial boot-up of my PC as I've just ordered a Solid State Drive (SSD) and mounting kit
(also contains a Cloning software suite so that you can make the SSD a 'bootable' device).
With the PC "as is", so far so good. It's reasonably well specified for my requirements (office work with the odd bit of MS
Flightsim) and I will be loading MS Office 2010 once my SSD has arrived. I was extremely pleased with the price of this PC (hence the prime reason for my purchase!).

For interest, this is the subsequent SSD and adaptor kit that I have ordered - I'll update once it's installed and configured.

(1) OCZ OCZSSDUPGDKIT1 Solid State Drive Upgrade Kit

(2) SanDisk SDSSDHP-256G-G25 256 GB Ultra Plus SATA III 19 nm 7 mm Internal 2.5-inch Solid State Device

Thank you for taking the time to read this review - Paul

EDIT:

I have installed the SSD and the mounting kit.

Initially with a clean installation of WIN 7 PRO (no Service Packs downloaded, the standard 1TB Toshiba hard-disk (it's a type DT01ACA100, SATA 3 drive, by the way)was taking about 20-25 seconds to boot to a usable Desktop.

After SSD, this is now about 8-10 seconds.

The mounting kit contains all you need to mount the SSD into the computer chassis, although the supplied SATA cable is far too short (I have ordered another, 50 cm in length).
The mounting kit comes with cloning software so that you can clone the Operating system (WIN 7 PRO) onto the SSD. I had a slight hiccup trying to Clone my existing hard-disk onto the SSD using the USB connection (it didn't seem to want to clone). I cured this by simply connecting (temporarily) the SSD to the Motherboard using the power connector and SATA connector from the CD-Drive. I then just did a clone straight from my hard-drive to the SSD using the onbaord SATA bus, ignoring te USB connection (it took 7 minutes using this method).

I am well pleased with the performance now !

Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars Potentially a good PC but poorly built, 4 Sep 2013
On paper this PC offers a great mix of performance and value and my first impressions were very positive - it was fast and seemed to meet my needs for video editing - a powerful processor, lots of ram, a reasonable graphics card and USB 3 for fast data transfer.

However, when I came to use the USB 3 ports I found that they were misaligned with the openings in the rear plate and therefore the USB lead could not be plugged in. Two USB 2 ports and a HDMI port were also misaligned and they too were unusable. As the rear plate seemed to be fitted correctly my guess is that the motherboard inside the PC was not fitted correctly to the case.

Needless to say I returned the PC for a refund and, as this was the first time I have returned an item to Amazon (and in view of its value,) I was concerned about how smooth this would be. It turned out to be a very straightforward procedure and my credit card was refunded within a few days - at least I was impressed by Amazons customer service, if not the product!

One final word of warning - when I ordered the PC I first viewed the page showing the version that does not have an operating system but, using a drop down box on that page, I opted to have Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed. As expected, that selection increased the price (from 589 to 629) but I did not notice that this also changed the HDD specification from 1.5TB to 1.0TB. This should be highlighted by the system as you do not expect anything to change other than the OS and are unlikely to spot a one character change on a page full of information!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 29 April 2014
N. Barber "Elvis Fontenot" (Stoke-on-Trent England) - See all my reviews
Great spec computer at a superb price - Vielen dank! An extremely quiet machine too, which was a superb bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PC, 30 Mar 2014
Well built quality PC. Very fast, reliable and quiet. Met all my expectations. Would highly recommend this product to gamers.

5.0 out of 5 stars So impressed, 9 Mar 2014
Needed a new computer because I play online games quite frequently. I could play on my old computer but the games would take a while to load in and the game play itself was quite choppy. Hence why I bought this computer. The difference is unreal, the games now are so much smoother an takes no time to load. The general day to day use if the computer is also so much better. Would really recommend this computer for anyone needing to upgrade to a better, faster pc !