4.0 out of 5 stars The Last in Te American men, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Bones Of Contention: The McKinnon Legends - The American Men Book 3 (The McKinnon Legends - The McKinnon American Men Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
A great read. Ms James has the reader enthralled from page one. The reintroduction of past characters is fun and the book brings the trilogy to a close.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 super shiny stars!, 23 Feb 2014
what the blur says....Part detective novel, part fantasy, Bones of Contention is Ranay James’ third and final instalment of The McKinnon’s Legends—The American Men series.

And I am so very sad to see the end of these men, I really!! I have loved all the McKinnon men, right from Nic, through Connor, Cullen, Gage and Decklyn. and onto the American Men, Robert, Mason and, finally, Josh. I do believe that James may well have saved the best for last!!
what I liked about it....well, without sounding gushy, ALL OF IT!! there is love, a hate spanning thousands of year, mythology and history. secrets unknown to the reader AND the characters before now! Also some of this book takes place in London and Seabridge, so it Gage plays a part in this one, although there is no time travel involved.

Josh is as he says he is, and Jamie, well Jamie is not. I'm not gonna go into details, cos that will spoil it, BUT Josh discovers there is much more to him, as well as what's going on with Jamie. Josh's daughter Jesse also finds herself in a bit of a pickle in this book, and she too, discovers herself.

we have vampires, elves, goblins, the Maji take a part with king Jacob playing a role in Josh's discovery. even zombies are mentioned, and have to be kept apart from the goblins, since they are dead, and goblins like rotting meat! some witty one liners, some amazing history, and the deepest longest tale I have read in a while. I am going to need to reread about all these men again some time, I really am!

thank you, Ms James, for a love affair that I introduced my sister and my elder daughter to, I will miss these men. BUT BUT BUT so looking forward to The Vampires of Nirvana!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Series Went Out With a Bang !, 23 Feb 2014
Absolutely wonderful. A superb story, beautifully written. What a series, every one a Keeper. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. If you enjoy a little bit of fantasy I recommend that you buy the complete series. Read and enjoy.