5.0 out of 5 stars Just inspired!
Published 9 months ago by Fabulous Book Fiend

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Wonder was fabulous, one of my favourite books in recent years (and I am a reader by profession, read 3 books a day usually). I pounced on this but was sorry I had read it as it is way too neat (tying up loose ends) and schmaltzy. I wonder oif the author wanted to write it or was encouraged to do so by her publishers... It's not awful, but just didn't add to the wonder of...
Published 2 months ago by Charlotte

5.0 out of 5 stars Just inspired!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
Review: I was so excited for this novella which is an extra chapter to the fabulous Wonder! I was really lucky because I literally went from reading Wonder onto reading this in the space of a week so I would really recommend re-reading wonder to get you in the right mindset for this one. A whole novella from the bullies point of view? Inspired. This novella has all the same great qualities as Wonder had. It is quick and pacey, has all the feels and a totally realistic voice of a teenage(ish) boy!

I thought Julian was a totally hateful character after I read wonder. Everyone I meet who has read wonder feels the same way and so I kind of wasn't looking forward to hearing things from his point of view. I thought that perhaps I wouldn't spend the entire novella hating him, but I was surprised to find myself sympathising and even empathising with him during the reading of this one. It was also really great to hear some of the events from wonder retold from another point of view.

This novella had the same great writing as wonder had an it was an absolute pleasure to be reading something by this author once again. She really does have the voice of the boys right and each character she writes about has their own unique way of thinking, something which I'm pretty impressed with. I'd love to hear more about Julian and August and I think a Wonder sequel would be absolutely inspired!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant, honest and moving tale giving us the other side of the story from Wonder, 20 May 2014
L. H. Healy "Books are life, beauty and truth." (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
I was delighted to have the chance to read this when I heard about it, and I thought this little story was brilliant, such a great idea to write a story to show this other side of things and it adds more to the original tale for those readers who absolutely loved the original novel, Wonder (like me!).

It's a moving tale and I love how the Julian's feelings were explored and shown so honestly, however unpleasant they were, and how he was able to finally confront his actions, and I liked how the past was brought into the story too.

Having read Wonder, we know Auggie's deepest feelings, now we can see what Julian was thinking and feeling, his behaviour is not excused but we can begin to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Wonder!, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
My 10 yr old son read this at school and asked to have his own book. I read it too. Amazing story, thought provoking and made him ask many questions, some of which I couldn't answer. We downloaded the Julian Papers as it is only an e book. This is from the bully's perspective. Hope they publish the book. Definitely recommend Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 May 2014
F. Spurling "book worm" (Tonbridge kent england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
When I read wonder I loved the book and always thought Julian was horrible but when I got to know the character better I understood. A fantastic follow through by the author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone has a story, and every one should be heard., 13 May 2014
J. Blunt "Jax" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
I adored Wonder when we read it as a family book group choice a couple of years ago, so I leapt at the chance to read this when offered. Seeing the other side of the story is utterly fascinating, and lends empathy to Julian - I am planning on going back for a Wonder reread as well, as I think it will enhance the first book. But this is challenging, bullying is not excused, but behaviour is explained without being waved away.

The Julian chapter is a gorgeous read, but I would have tissues near, you'll need them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to read, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
A great book to read. However, I would advise you read Wonder by RJ Palacio first to get a better understanding of the book. I love Julian’s grandmother. She is so wise and has lived through a lot, she says things the way they are with no sugar coating. I loved Wonder and I love this volume or book as well. But a thought occurs to me. Whatever happened next? I mean did Julian like his new school? Did he make new friends? What became of August? I hope him and Summer become boyfriend and girlfriend.

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful book which moved me to tears, 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
Wonder was recommended to me by a colleague. It is well written, easy to read and totally unputdownable. I have also read The Julian Chapter which gives another excellent perspective.
It's beautiful, brought me to tears and I've recommended it to loads of people .

5.0 out of 5 stars So worth reading, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
Having enjoyed reading Wonder so much I want site what to expect with this story. It is told from the perspective of Julian, the miscreant from Wonder, and it adds another detailed layer to an already brilliant story. I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
I loved this short but sweet story as an extra to the book, Wonder! You will need to read Wonder before you read this because otherwise you won't understand this story :-) :-) :-) !!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Great addition to Wonder, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Wonder: The Julian Chapter (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic! Great addition to Wonder, nice to see the story in Julian's eyes.Would recommend to read Wonder first as the book will make more sense that way, all in all a great read.

Wonder: The Julian Chapter