5.0 out of 5 stars Meditative music of cleansing beauty, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Alastor: The Book Of Angels Vol. 21 (Audio CD)
I will say very little as I do not have words to express what this album has been doing for me. I seem to listen to it a lot when walking home under the stars and the effects are quite profound. After a strange year I have found this music to be beautifully cleansing, it gives a feeling of earthy ablution by the end and takes me through many memories and emotions.
On first listen I was unsure about the structure as an album, it sounded to me like a series of pieces put together (which of course it is, and in no bad way) where as many others in the series seemed to feel more like complete pieces. It didn't take long for this to become a favourite musically and to be the absolute standout in the series on a more mystical level. Absolutely a must have, not only for fans of Kang, Zorn etc, but for everybody.
Recommended for deeper meditative listening, Sakriel is of profound power even on its own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morricone-esque, 24 Aug. 2014
Mr. Warren M. Fisher (East Grinstead, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Alastor: The Book Of Angels Vol. 21 (Audio CD)
Hints of Nyman and Glass, but most redolent of Morricone, indeed this is Zorn's most Morricone-esque since The Big Gundown. Not only the finest entry yet from The Book Of Angels, but one of Zorn best releases.

Alastor: The Book Of Angels Vol. 21
Alastor: The Book Of Angels Vol. 21 by Eyvind Kang (Audio CD - 2014)