on 12 January 2015
I was told I had high cholesterol by my gp which came as a shock as I am vegetarian and eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and am not into sweet things. I was warned if I didn't do something, I would have to take statins which I don't want. I bought this book and the recipes are fantastic. I adapt many to a veggie version and the 'lamb' tagine is one of my favs. Some recipes shocked me that they were low cholesterol especially the cheese lasagne. Within 4 weeks my cholesterol was back to normal. I use recipes out of this book a couple of times a week to keep on top of my cholesterol levels now.
on 6 July 2014
The recipes in the book were really good, and many were suitable for non-meaters such as I am (but I do eat some fish). There are several delicious recipes included. Usually I find that receipe books to help with dieting, or lower cholesterol etc are not very non-meat eater friendly, so I end up discarding them. But this one I would recommend.
on 2 August 2014
Quite liked this cookbook, there are some ingredients that i haven't used before but were easy and cheap to get. I've made most of the recipes out of this book and they tasted good too.
on 7 July 2014
Excellent book with excellent recipes to ensure I eat healthily especially relevant after recently suffering a heart attack.
on 1 March 2015
very useful diet guide helps to steer you away from the bad stuff I would rather modify my diet than take medication this book answers the questions
on 17 July 2015
I bought this book for my mum due ti her high cholesterol level and diabetes.. Her English language is a little bare but she finds recipes clear and easy to understand. There are large and clear pictures to every dish, a great resource to get an idea of end products.
on 22 June 2014
I have had this book for about 3 weeks and so far I have tried several recipes. So far so good. I especially love the feta cheese and pomegranet couscous salad recipe for lunch at work. There are a few pages at the beginning explaining what you should and shouldn't eat and why you are eating certain products.
on 6 November 2014
with the help of this book I reduced my cholesterol from 6.4 to 4.7 in four months, best buy ever for me.
A very colourful and informative book.Claimed s to lower your cholesterol by 20% in 3 months. It starts out with plenty of information about cholesterol, why we have it,how we get it,how to lower it and followed by some lovely recipes.Breakfasts,lunches,dinner,snacks,pics which include the following all of which I have successfully tried: almond and cranberry cake, cheese apple and walnut scones,chicken soba noodles, curried chicken salad, fish crumble, Spidey bean soup, and Spidey poached pears. There's even a menu already for you to use if you so wish. I must add that I do not have high cholesterol I am using these recipes as a precaution but they are tasty and and I feel good.
on 24 October 2015
I am finding it very expensive to keep getting all the varied ingredients for the recipes although they are delicious I have to say. I use them a couple of times a week and try to cut back on fats, salt, sugar etc where I can generally.