5.0 out of 5 stars Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, 26 May 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millennium Girl (Video Game)
As I have quoted from a previous review on Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (Nintendo 3DS) "I hope to see "Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl" in the near future." now I can write a review for this.

I know that I said this before about how Atlus is renowned for their 'urban fantasy' settings like they do in Persona and the Shin Megami Tensei, I do enjoy fighting shadows and demons but it's great to see a 'classic fantasy' RPG setting now and again because Role Playing Games started off with paper, pencils and a handful of dice.

I started playing the demo Etrian Odyssey Untold about a month ago and I really enjoyed it. Getting all my party members levelled up to their capped level to 10 and having a head start by getting perks from a maid, loads of items and en that I collected on Story Mode. When I got the full game I could continue where I left off. (I am so glad this had a story mode as its given me a good reason why I am exploring a dungeon where on "Etrian Odyssey IV" it was just... grinding and exploring.)

It's a first person RPG (but they gave us some extras like my party members can talk and give out some advice on what the monsters weaknesses are or if I am going to encounter an enemy anytime soon.

I enjoyed the animation sequences that are done by Madhouse and the music that accompanied it (especially giving you the choice to listen to the original score or its old school 16-bit adaptation... I have to admit it made me feel like a kid again.)

Now I remember telling you I had some experience in getting lost when I go into dungeons, I've gotten a lot better with using my stylus and duel screen and draw out my maps in detail, so this is pretty much a dungeon crawler.

The next games that I am hoping to get in the future from Atlus are... "Persona Q" "Conception II" and "Shin Megami Tensei IV". This would be great for any 3DS owner who loves JRPGs.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfectly pitched adventure RPG, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millennium Girl (Video Game)
A classic styled RPG adventure with two core modes to suit different tastes.
Picnic takes out much of the stress whilst still providing an adventure.
With higher difficulties providing the same challenges of the original but none of the nuisances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millennium Girl (Video Game)
Excellent 3DS game very playable and addictive.Much improved from the previous game in the series, and has beautiful graphics. Would recommend to any RPG gamer.

Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millennium Girl
Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millennium Girl by NIS America (Nintendo 3DS)