5.0 out of 5 stars Kickass show filled with superhero and alien action!
Published 5 months ago by Emma

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Series / but beware of Amazon payments
I enjoyed every minute of season one, the cast was perfect and it was great to watch.

Published 1 month ago by Santino

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickass show filled with superhero and alien action!, 7 April 2014
For a start, even for those who have never watched a Marvel film in their lives, the series is easy enough to understand. Plotlines follow on from the movie Avengers Assemble, straight into this series, but things are explained briefly anyway. It follows Agent Phil Coulson and his team at S.H.I.E.L.D, who, under the guide of Agent Nick Fury, aim to protect earth from the dangers of superhero and alien invasion.
Whilst the series does start off a little slow, and sometimes the episodes can be watched out of order, by halfway through I was completely addicted; one night I even watched 5 in a row! I've been watching it online and have about 7 episodes to go until the finale, and Holy c**p!! As it goes on there are more twists and turns, there are Asgardian warriors visiting earth, unknown alien viruses threatening civilisation, and advanced technology unlike the team have ever seen before.
The last part of the season (from around episode 14 onwards) is incredible, each episode delivering plenty of "OH MY GOD" moments, for many different reasons.
My favourite character is Agent Melinda May - she completely kicks ass!
I adore this show, and desperately hope it gets renewed for a second season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 31 July 2014
Mr. D. E. Pickering "dan_pick1" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Brilliant series, just as good as the film's. Good thing is that you don't need to watch the film's during the series, as the events around the films is explained in it's own way. Only drawback is the missing episode 20 & 21 which are great episodes in their own right. Despite that, the series gets better throughout each episode. The first half pretty much introduces the characters and you get to know them and the last half just keeps you guessing about what is going to happen next. Overall great series and should be as great second series to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Series / but beware of Amazon payments, 13 Aug 2014

What I did not enjoy was paying for the digital download on my credit card and when I got to episode 22 and 23 it said it was unpaid!!! Even though I had paid for the full season 1 on my card. Imagine my surprise when I had to pay £1.89 for each episode to get to watch episode 24. Absolutely disgusted with Amazon's service.

Will not buy another series on Amazon due to this issue until it is resolved and I am refunded.

More likely to see a snowball hit the sun.....

You have just lost another valuable customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 April 2014
I'm a fan of this series, though i did miss the first episode, which is why i downloaded this from Amazon. Hope it comes out on DVD soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Heroes it ain't, but who needs em!, 9 Aug 2014
At times it feels small scale and shot in 1 studio in downtown somewhere. But the cameos just keep popping up, the tie-ins to the Hollywood blockbusters are in a holding pattern ready to drop by and add gravitas.
The attention to plot devices and personalities is pretty top spec though. They really play well off each other.
'Yeah, we're going to have to kill the fish-tank'. Just one of the LoL moments I experienced.....

5.0 out of 5 stars next step from the avengers, 12 May 2014
Loved it . Phil Collison really gets to flesh out his role and has become as cool as anyone else in shield. Would love to have had some avenger cameos but you never know in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable romp, 6 May 2014
Loved it. Well shot, good story lines and great dialogue. The character development was well thought through and I really enjoyed the whole, action packed series. Can't wait to see the last couple of episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but really starts to deliver., 2 May 2014
I had my doubts for the first few episodes. I wasn't expecting the Avengers to be in it apart from perhaps the odd cameo, but it seemed a lot more mundane - more like Fringe than something from Marvel - at first but the story really started off and the character development is very well done. Well worth the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 7 April 2014
Missed the pilot so filled in background to series . Got the hang of it now and plan to catch up with the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the series with all the tie ins to the ..., 30 Aug 2014
Loved the series with all the tie ins to the Avengers/Thor story lines etc. Philip Coulson, glad they brought him back from the dead, even if we found out that Tahiti wasn't such a lovely place after all. Tested his faith in Shield to the limit, but he was right all along.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›