on 16 July 2014
It's okay. At least this one brings some reasolution to the story started in book 4. It feels less like padding than book 5, though it's still not a stand alone book.

Rylee has pretty much stopped tracking kids at this point and is focused on 'saving the world'. Liam O'Shea has turned into man candy that stands around being Rylee's boy toy and occasionally fighting. Won't go through the long list of characters, but a lot of them have become very one dimensional. And there are a LOT of characters. I got to the point where I found myself cheering when one of them died because it was one fewer to remember.

Pretty much only reading the series still because I bought books 4, 5, and 6 together after receiving book 7 (which makes no sense at all unless you have read the other books) as a gift. Books 1, 2, and 3 are good. The rest of the series is okay if you read them all together and grit your teeth through the repetition and constant invention of unnecessary new characters.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 April 2015
There is some conclusion to a storyline that has played a large part in this series so far; however leading lady Rylee faces a bigger threat as her nemesis Orion strives to enter the mortal world and unleash his army against Rylee and her small group of allies.

This series still continues to wow me. There is a great level of action, some truly likeable characters and plenty of magic and mayhem. There is something that happens in the early chapters of this book that now has me wondering exactly when a particular event will occur. In fact in every scene that escalated into violence, I was thinking here it is; this is the thing that I know will happen but wish it wouldn't. Because of this prophesised event I'm looking at other key characters differently, and trying to pinpoint any new developments in the relationships Rylee has established with them.
on 2 April 2015
Love this series of books, and in this book 6, you know that it is gearing up and getting closer to the final battle. Moving straight on to book 7, which is already lined up on my kindle along with book 8. Book 9 is due at the end of the month. Just hope that book 10, the final one, I don't have to wait too long for
on 25 October 2015
I stared reading this series with a worry that it would prove to be another teenage love/paranormal/romance slush book...however I was pleasantly surprised. It's a good adventure and worthwhile the read :)
on 21 April 2015
Loved this one as much as the others in the series. Now on to the last one. As usual from Ms Mayer, lots of action and tension. Have enjoyed the whole series so far, and looking forward to the finale.
on 30 January 2016
I have really loved reading this series and feel from book 6 onwards the story kicks in and gets you gripped. Funny and fast paced super natural series. Definitely becoming one of my favourite.
on 28 June 2014
Book 6 and wow, another roller-coaster of a ride for Rylee and her menagerie family. I purchased and read the book the day it was released but, due to some personal challenges, I never got to write the review until now, just having finished Book 7 (and re-read this one!). So, while the Tracker review is late, I really wanted to get it up there and hopefully persuade a few more avid readers to give it a go - it's so worth it!

This book picks up right after the previous one and we are drawn further into Rylee's pain and fear; heartbreak from the darker, painful events of the last book and fear for what the future may bring - and its impact to her life and loved ones. However, we see Rylee's increased maturity and confidence come through strongly as she's called upon to make some tough decisions that ultimately result in the group splitting up to deal with two separate dangers….Rylee to find the Blood (and hopefully a new vampire leader) and Liam to put a stop to the witch-enhanced weaponry that could wipe out the supernatural world.

I could see the darker trend continuing into this storyline - it's getting more sombre, Rylee's view of the world and her role in it, for good or bad, is being woven ever darker - and perhaps us readers are nervously wondering whether Ms Mayer will find a lighter route amongst the dark, or leave us with a broken heroine who saves the world but loses all else.

As an author, Ms Mayer is meeting all her reader expectations - excitement, love, fear, an unusual heroine, humour and non-stop action - and books that are released every couple of months!! They may be shorter than other urban fantasy books, but they pack enough in to keeping you wanting more.

I would have given this story 5 stars but for one main detractor - it was a very slow at the beginning and, at one point, I wondered whether Ms Mayer was losing track a little (or creating fillers). The story only seemed to really kick into action after the half-way mark - but it sure went into overdrive from then on!
on 30 October 2015
Can highly recommend all the books in this series. Love the charactors she has created.
on 17 August 2015
LOVED this story straight away.Brilliant
on 18 October 2014
I'm getting pretty bored with this series. The last few books have felt as though they're pretty much the same story recycled. However, it's a matter of taste because my sister still loves them!