on 23 February 2014
First thought after reading was WOW, when can I get the next book? Eventually it sunk in that it wouldn't be out for a while yet. Leaving me imagining the world of adventure that could be undertaken through this amazing series.

When I chose this book to read, I tentatively opened the page without knowing where it would lead me. I didn't read the synopsis or information posted on the book here on Amazon as I would normally do. I chose to purchase it through teasers that were posted on the authors fan page. I do not regret this choice. I knew from right from the start that Joseph would be an author to watch for in the future and I was right.

Credit must be given where credit is due. This young author has some amazing talent at his fingertips,to think he began writing The Mark of Saturn when he was only 17.

The world he created is faultless and captivating. You are thrust into a world where you either survive the change, or you die as you embrace the power within your blood. Daniel our protagonist goes through two such changes as we follow him on his journey. Neither is easy, and both have you gripping the pages in hopes that he survives. Mr Croft, the respective head of the most sought after school in Templar Island, comes to assess Daniel for entry. When making his visit he asks Daniel to show him what he could do with regards to his powers. Daniel happily shows him and whilst doing so he undergoes the second change. This is where Daniels life either comes together or falls apart. I'm not going to spoil it for those wishing to read what happens.

The Mark of Saturn is utterly spell-binding and I found myself hooked upon each page. I couldn't wait to come home from work and dive into this well-crafted world of fantasy. I wanted to be there among the classes, learning what was being taught. Sadly my world isn't as interesting as what is portrayed within these pages.

You could almost say that The Mark of Saturn is Harry Potter of the new era! If you miss the world of Hogwarts then you may find yourself enjoying the Blood Luminary series.
on 2 April 2015
I loved The Mark of Saturn. There were some elements of Harry Potter with the school, and I imagined a plump Hugh Laurie from House playing Reuben. The "shock" ending was a little predictable for my liking, but the writing was great, and I now realise that it was intended for a much younger audience, so a definite five-star read.

Eagerly awaiting the second book in the series.
on 23 February 2014
I loved it, I couldn't put it down. They characters were perfect in both their strengths and weaknesses. I would love to know what happens next.