4.0 out of 5 stars and as always he delivers his brilliant brand of sophisticated and different pop
Nowadays I think it's quite rare to have such a huge pop star how can actually play instruments and produce his own music. Pharrell played every instrument and was executive producer for his second solo studio album, and as always he delivers his brilliant brand of sophisticated and different pop. Though a lot of people would buy this album for the two massive singles...
Published 9 months ago by Will. B

3.0 out of 5 stars Very stripped Back
My first listen was very surprising as I did not expect GIRL to be as simple sounding as it is.
Published 13 months ago by WILDMAN

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So effortlessly brilliant!, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: G I R L (Audio CD)
So effortlessly brilliant. He is definately a genius. Every track is a hit in my book! Great!

The ability that he has is so rare nowaday's, and it's such a joy, especially when there is much rubbish around.

I'd even go as far as to say that he is comparable to Michael when it comes to music production. Obviously no one comes even close to Michael, as I am sure Pharrell Williams would agree!

Definately worth buying! I don't buy much music anymore, but am sure glad I bought this!!! An easy 5 stars!! For sure!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very stripped Back, 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: G I R L (Audio CD)
Bass solo here and a twinkle of Chic style guitar there, its all very stripped back and light on its feet which is cool yet it all sounds like there is very little depth. The Hunter and Happy stand out instantly, and on repeated listens in the car these two tracks still stand out as having a lot more inventive sounds and layers of base. Pharrell's vocals on The Hunter are the best I've heard from him and really is a very cool almost Get Lucky standard of song.
overall 5/10

5.0 out of 5 stars He's done it again, 2 May 2014
This review is from: G I R L (Audio CD)
Brilliant album, some tunes make you want to stop and dance wherever you are!! Feel good album. Well worth your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the upbeat numbers that 'move along', 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: G I R L (Audio CD)
This album grows on you, well, it did me. I had only heard "Happy", the rest was unknown. I like the upbeat numbers that 'move along'. Saw Pharrell interviewed on TV recently and he seemed a confident, pleasant person. The headgear is original, A/W 2014 fashion has adopted his style according to the 'glossies'. I'll play the music but the hats are not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Track is as Good As Happy!, 3 Mar. 2014
JennyZen (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G I R L (MP3 Download)
I saw the movie Despicable Me2 and instantly picked out the song "Happy" as amazing....did research, and was not surprised to finf that Pharrell Williams is bipolar,just like me! So I downloaded this album the day it was released, and I love, love, love, it!! Music which is a combination of old school, mowtown, disco, chillout, and it's own particular vibe...makes me wanna dance and sing when I'm high, or listen to improve my mood when I'm low. This guy is Good!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gymtastic, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: G I R L (MP3 Download)
I'm too old to like this album, but it's great for running on road or in the gym. Shades of 'Thriller' feature, the opening track 'Marilyn Monroe' is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all my boxes, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: G I R L (Audio CD)
Enjoying GIRL, love Happy. Come Get It Bae reminds me of a Prince track, while Gust Of Wind does the same for me, re Jamiroquai...bare in mind, they're my very personal views only and I am no music expert! Think I'll be getting my Prince and Jamiroquai tracks out to have a blast from the past for a session or two. Played GIRL several times and liking all the tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 July 2014
Lovely album

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Great cd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Fantastic album

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›

G I R L
G I R L by Pharrell Williams (Audio CD - 2014)