Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having owned the Omron M2 Classic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor for a couple of years now I was interested to see what the newer version would be like. I was under medication and had to keep track of my blood pressure (BP) for any irregularities (far easier for me and my doctor). The Omron M2 was incredibly helpful with that and thankfully that is all well behind me now.

Anyway, the new M2 is considerably smaller and lighter than its predecessor, though they share the same arm cuff design (there's a Omron 32 - 42 cm Large Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff is available to purchase for not so much money if this one is too small). Use is the same and as simple: following the instructions written on the cuff, secure the cuff on your arm, press the blue button and a pump motor inflates the cuff to the correct level and then releases the air. The large display then shows you your BP and heart rate. The sensor to detect an irregular pulse is a good addition. Batteries and a case are also included.

Only thing missing is a BP chart to show you safe levels (and stop you worrying, which could also raise your blood pressure!).
VINE VOICEon 16 April 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Omron Blood Pressure monitors are always reliable and easy to use, and this one is no exception. It has a soft, comfortable cuff that's easy to fasten into the right position, and a simple to operate machine unit which appears to give accurate and consistent results. It's pretty foolproof really, and the readings on the monitor come up very large and clear. It monitors your heart rate too, which is a useful feature.

The unit will remember the last 30 readings for you, but this is fairly low if you're hoping to monitor your blood pressure over a large period of time. I'm surprised that none of the models in the range, (even the highest model the Omron Healthcare M6 Comfort Upper Arm Blood Pressure monitor which keeps 100 readings) have the ability to transfer the readings via wi-fi to a computer so that the blood pressure can be tracked over months. Of course you can make a manual note of the values though.

I would happily recommend this monitor, or indeed any in the Omron range, but I would recommend having a look at previous models in order to get the best value. For example, the Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor is an earlier but extremely similar version of this product and is available for well under half the price at the time of writing.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Omron are not a common name on the high street but are well known in industry, and widely respected with regards to quality. This BPM is a nice unit, and on a recent visit to a local NHS clinic, we found they were using the same one. Readings take a short while to obtain, but you do feel they are accurate. The only down side for me is that I’m quite a large build, and the cuff would not close around my arm, maybe larger cuffs are available. However, it worked just fine on my wife who is on the small side. The ‘cuff range’ is given, so measure yourself before you buy. Easy to use, with quiet operation. Recommended.
VINE VOICEon 12 May 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This product come nicely packaged and is somewhat smaller than expected, having never used a home blood pressure monitor before. The box contains the main unit, an arm cuff with attached connector, an instruction manual, a printed blood pressure diary/chart and rather pleasingly, a set of batteries.

The arm cuff easily connects to the main unit with a built-in connector tube and the instructions for use are relatively simple. The only difficulty I experienced was ensuring that the arm cuff was positioned correctly, and was tight enough. Luckily the monitor checks the tightness before activation and shows a symbol if being used correctly.

The only downside I have found with this blood pressure monitor is that it has been somewhat inconsitant. While I recognise for the price, and the fact that it is a home monitoring kit, I cannot expect it to be premium hospital quality, there have been a number of times where I get erroneous readings. They are either strangely high or low from where they should be, and I am forced to retake the blood pressure to provide an accurate reading. This can be somewhat disconcerting when you suddenly jump from a good blood pressure to a very high pressure, or when the reader suddenly indicates you have an erratic heart rate and should be checked by a doctor.

Despite this flaw, however, this product is still good enough providing it is used with the caveat that blood pressure should also always be checked by a trained medic. With that in mind, I can see this product definitely serving a purpose in helping people keep a track of their own pressure at home inbetween proper medical checks.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I’ve had high blood pressure for a number of years and my Doctor always took blood pressure using a hand-inflated cuff, a sphygmomanometer, which is a mercury filled pressure gauge, and listened using a stethoscope; he always said this was the most accurate way. Recently he has changed to using an Omron blood-pressure unit, similar to the one here.
Over the years I’ve tried different units and the upper-arm units are the most reliable and consistent.
This unit comes with batteries and is very easy to use, instructions for the cuff are printed on the cuff and the display on the unit is big and clear. The memory function is single user but a form is also provided for keeping the results manually. My Doctor is happy that I give him the results so I don’t have to visit the Health Centre to have it taken.
The unit has an irregular heartbeat indicator, it didn’t come on for me but did for a friend; he went to his Doctor who put him on prescription medicine!
Overall a well-made, easy-to-use unit. Recommended
VINE VOICEon 1 May 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great home blood pressure monitor for elderly people to help keep their health measurements which they can then take in to show the doctor.
I took this to my GP, amd measured it against the surgery one, and it matched it perfectly so it is accurate and reliable.the buttons are easy to use, and the actual placing on the arm is easy, the cuff will fit most people, from those with small arms to rather large, will tell you if the cuff is correctly placed and it stores the last 30 measurements which is certainly enough to show your medical professional what's going on.
A new feature is that it detects irregular heartbeats, again a rather brilliant and easy to use feature.
Set up is easy, and it's batteries are provided.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We have owned an Omron M2 basic blood pressure monitor for quite a few years and my wife in particular has always been impressed with it. She uses it a lot, at times perhaps a little too much, as she needs little excuse to take a blood pressure reading. When the chance came to get a new, higher spec monitor we of course snapped it up. Whilst we have no complaints about this newer model my wife feels that there is little tangible difference to the older, cheaper version. That aside, I have no hesitation in recommending this monitor. It offers everything that you would want in a blood pressure monitor, i.e. it is accurate and it is easy to use. Anything more than that is not really necessary; particularly bearing in mind that this is a monitor is intended to be used by people that are not medically trained.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It is always a good idea to monitor yourself as much as you can, especially if it's about your own health. Stepping on the scales is a good example. This is such an easy little machine with which you can monitor your and your family's blood pressure at home. If it shows any abnormal figures, high or low, you can consult your doctor about it, but otherwise most of us would just not be bothered to see the doctor because you don't feel anything wrong with yourself. So it's always a good idea to know about yourself a little bit more than what you feel. As easy as brushing teeth, which is also a precaution for your health, and this monitor can show you how your blood pressure is doing, which is one of the best indicators about your well-being. It also detects irregular heartbeats, so if you're not too confident about your heart this will also be useful.

So I'm glad I got it, and I use it when I feel like it at least a couple of times a month? Let's do whatever we can for our own healthy lives, because we don't have to wait until we start feeling unwell. Come on guys, I hope you feel the same.
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This machine is another splendid offering from the Omron stable and thus guaranteed to give a reasonably accurate reading. It is also clinically validated by the British Hypertension Society and this is a good reason why you might wish to buy it.

The unit comes with batteries (hurray) and an instruction booklet which you should read before you start, not because it is particularly complex but simply so that you record your blood pressure measurement correctly. (You can skip this if you are a seasoned user.) The cuff is a medium one and other sizes are available. Applying the cuff is simple and the Velcro fastening fits snugly. The machine is a little noisy on inflation and the result goes into its memory once the reading appears. Another little addition is a sensor to detect an irregular pulse and this may be useful to some. There is also a little carrying case.

The price is reasonable and, in summary, I would have no hesitation in recommending this model to potential users as an item that performs its task competently.
on 24 April 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this for free from amazon vine but, as it turned out, my Dr had just suggested I start measuring my bp at home, so I would have bought it anyway. Having used it now, I would have been happy to pay for it.

It's far easier to setup than I thought and very easy to use. My wife, who is a Dr, used it and was impressed.