Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

Format: DVD|Change

on 16 March 2015
Hehe, watched about 20mins or so, then chose to write the review :) Complete load of rubbish. The Main bad-guy was pretty good, comedic sociopath. If you are hoping for an in-depth view on SAS operations and procedures, then this is not the film to watch lol. After turning up out of the blue, about 10 mins after the first call, with no equipment barring some small arms, they decide to just rush in and "sort out the bad guys". No comms, no gear, no plan, no back-up, no leadership, no teamwork, no tactics, no strategy, no command and control and no intel.

I don't think you can completely blame the filmmakers, director, producer and writers. A lot of the blame has to go to the people who decided to finance this whole project.

This is a lesson to all filmmakers - Stick to what you know about. Do NOT attempt to make films on subjects that you know nothing about or haven't bothered to do ANY research on whatsoever.
on 6 March 2015
I've read the other reviews for this movie, and honestly, they are overly generous to this turgid, rancid crap.

Not only would the Regiment be disgusted by the its depiction in this rubbish, but so anyone who has had any military training. The Zimbabwean Army Pay Corps could put together a more professional team than the morons depicted here as "SAS"! The Brits used to be able to make decent films about their military....maybe this was for the American market.......

If you want a decent film depicting the SAS in action, get "Who Dares Wins".
on 30 November 2014
The SAS are supposed to be highly trained elite force. However, you wouldn't have thought so watching this film. Whilst there's plenty of action, it's mainly at the expense of the SAS getting shot and killed by the bad guys. It's a fast moving film, highly predictable, but not the best of story lines. Glad I watched it on Amazon Prime and didn't have to pay!
on 17 October 2015
What can I say, I'm speechless. I watched it after reading the reviews as I Iove watching really bad movies as they are quite comical. But this actually took bad movies to a new depth....an exceedingly bad really bad movie. If you were to think of movies as depths, a good one my be in the shallow end of a swimming pool, a bad one in the bottom of the deep end. This frankenstein like patchwork of bumpkin would be bottom feeding in the mirky depths of the Mariana Trench - the very place it should be thrown to put the poor thing out it's misery.

They appear to have had a decent budget, but have spent it all on the shaky, flashy effect that was....there are no words.

The SAS - I swear to God, they would have been better sending in the Woman's Institute. My 13 year old pooch, who is deaf and going blind has a better sense of awareness than these guys. To tell you the truth, my old Grannie would walk into less 'here I am, please shoot me' scenarios, and she's been dead for 18 years. No wait a minute, it might even be 19 years.

It is at this point I think we should have a minutes silence for all the aspiring young actors who's careers where so callously taken from them by appearing in this film.
on 30 June 2015
Unfortunately I have had to give this film a 1 Star rating, because it deserves a Minus rating as the worst load of horse manure I have ever seen!!!!! The direction is awful, the action is wholly incorrect and the camera work shoddy!!

Whoever put this together has not done any research whatsoever into Police or Military tactics in this type of incident! Hereford boys do not go on scene tooled up ready to go in like in this film, they do their research and investigations first! Police would have a cordon of at least 500mtrs for civvies and press alike.

There is not continuity at all in the film! Several times a weapon has emptied and locked to the rear, only for a second later to fire again! More than once wrong weapons are used by either opposing force.

Worst film ever!
on 28 March 2015
In the trivia section it states only one of the actors had any real military experience and NO military advisors were hired, well it showed, the actor with the military experience wasn't a slop jockey by any chance was he, because there was no evidence shown in this movie of even basic drills and skills being known, infantry recruits have better skills than the 'SAS' in this film, if you're going to portray the world's greatest fighting regiment then at least get someone in who can show you how to react to a contact, how to return fire,etc etc and who knows that when told to 'cover the rear' actually does that instead of covering the guy going forward, , apart from that the only saving grace was the head terrorist who was quite funny in a twisted sort of way,
on 27 May 2015
what complete and utter rubbish. An SAS soldier beaten up in a fist fight by a girl? An SAS soldier shooting at someone from 6ft away and missing?

That's an hr and a half of my life that I wont be getting back!!!!!!!
on 31 January 2016
Hilariously bad. Clueless SAS in battle with moronic terrorists who have kidnapped the Prime Minister's Daughter (gasp!) because (spoiler alert...) they want to nick her dad's money (sorry about the spoiler). The glaring stupidity of this plot pales into nothingness against the abysmal implementation of the "action" which consists solely of lots of people being shot, some of whom had guns at the time. There is also swearing. Ooooo - gritty.

I won't dwell on the insult dealt to the SAS by their portrayal in this film, other than to say that I hope that the screenwriter has carefully considered exactly who he has depicted here as careless,gung-ho amateurs. Thankfully I'm sure that the SAS guys will probably find the film so incredibly bad it'll become a barracks favourite.

Before summing up I'd like to take a moment to enjoy the cover of the DVD, which shows an SAS trooper with bullet holes through his goggles but not the helmet underneath (clearly Kevlar have upgraded their formula recently) whilst holding a gun which doesn't appear in the film. In the background, a Russian military helicopter (okaaaay) delivers SAS troopers into the Houses of Parliament, and apparently St Paul's as well. Neither of these locations feature in the film, which is almost entirely set inside a multi-storey car park. If I were a cynical man I might think that this is actually terrible low-budget guff trying desperately hard to be mistaken for an AAA blockbuster. Also, I don't think the cover art guy has seen the film (a good choice on his part).

I'm not sure whether to give this one star for being pathetic, or five stars for making me laugh. On reflection - one is appropriate.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 April 2014
Absolute rubbish!!! I've seen better quality story lines and
cinematography shot on a ten year old's ipod!! The story and characters
are totally unbelievable and how any producer could feel satisfied that
he invested wisely in this abomination is beyond me. Perhaps the writer
should have done some research on the characters and organisations that
he was trying to portray. There are countless books and even video
about the Special Air Service that he could have referred to, and the
fact that he didn't just goes to show what a complete idiot he is.
Soldiers serving in the elite SAS and any of our special forces for
that matter do not go running in like headless chickens without
confirmed orders (Iranian Embassy Siege 1980, the Police had to
formally hand over to the military, only after days of failed
negotiations) These men do not do "emotional" if they did perhaps they
wouldn't be members of the most revered and feared regiment throughout
the world. In summary, I agree totally with the reviewer above who said
you need a lobotomy to watch this, which is an operation that I am not
intending to have, so I've switched off the film and am throwing it in
the bin as soon as I've finished typing this. Spend your time and money
elsewhere!
on 8 April 2016
I don't often write reviews, but I felt compelled to this evening! I have absolutely no idea why this film was made. Firstly, someone had to come up with the idea. Secondly, someone else must have agreed that it was a good idea. They then went on a recruitment drive and hired, who I can only assume had absolutely no military experience, (or acting experience for that matter), and went ahead and made this. The research budget was probably the same amount as they paid for the polystyrene cups they used for their tea, and I dread to think what was left on the editors room floor...if anything!

No idea why they decided to randomly shake the camera with some dodgy white effects either. The head bad guy was at least a little bit entertaining, but even that is giving this film a bit too much credit!