5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely awesome, must have, album!, 4 April 2014
J. Yonge "Catfish" (Haslemere, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tree (MP3 Download)
I think that The Riotous Brothers are one of the most exciting bands that I've heard play for a long time and that their new album 'The Tree' really proves this! Their music sounds very fresh, exciting and original. All the tracks on 'The Tree' are original and self penned by the band. The Riotous Brothers seem to mix rock and blues together to make their own unique, dynamic, sound. All the tracks on "The Tree" are extremely awesome. 'Cigarettes' is a very strong and emotional song about a guy who's rather distressed that he's killing himself with cigarettes. "Something's Gotta Change", written by Paul Long, is a very powerful, soulful and bluesy song, while "Fever" is so wild it blows my mind! "Me and You" features a dynamic harmonica solo by Paul Jones. The singer Mash Sonnet complains that he "Can't write it like Shelley,,,Can't howl it like the wolf", but he can certainly belt it out like The Riotous Brothers! Wow! This is a fantastic, must listen to, album. Hey guys you've really got to give it a listen! It makes me dance round the kitchen everytime I play it! It's really true!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and fascinating influences, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Tree (MP3 Download)
This is my kind of music. Easy to listen to, but strong, rather like a good Cheddar! Strange comparison I know but that is my favourite cheese. But back to the music and for me there are hints of some other great bands here like the Stones, Steely Dan and even Nirvana. Maybe I'm just nuts, but listen to it yourself, you won't be disappointed.

The Tree