• Riser

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.79

on 17 March 2014
"Riser” is the eighth album by country music artist Dierks Bentley. As he made this 12 track album during a period when his father died and his first son was born, it is no surprise this is his most personal album yet. Dierks co-wrote 6 of the songs, and this album is sure to appeal to both lovers of country and lovers of rock.

The album features ballads like the moody “Bourbon In Kentucky” (which has Kacey Musgraves on backing vocals), the love song “Hurt Somebody” in which he sings about a beautiful girl who is a real heartbreaker but concludes that “Girl, You're gonna hurt somebody, God, I hope it's me!” and the wistful “Say You Do” and “Riser.”

The real heartbreakers on this CD are: “Here On Earth,” a song inspired by the death of his father and the tragic Sandy Hook shootings in 2013. “I ain’t the best of believers, Ain’t at the front of a church, I’ve read the words of the teacher, But I still struggle with what it’s all worth,” he sings. And “Damn These Dreams,” about the price one has to pay for having his dream come true: being a country artist like his heroes, but having to leave his family behind when on tour.

Although the album features some very personal and sad material and therefore might seem a bit ballad heavy, this is more than compensated by the more up-tempo songs like the fun “Drunk On A Plane,” “Pretty Girls,” “Back Porch” and “Sounds Of Summer” that bring the album back into balance.

All 12 tracks are great, there's not a dud among them, but my personal favorites on this album are “Damn These Dreams,” “Here On Earth” (which really touched me emotionally), “Drunk On A Plane” and “Back Porch.” To sum it up, “Riser” is a great country/rock album that I would recommend to anybody.
on 3 July 2014
This is my new favourite CD. I really cannot stop playing it. You can't help but love this man's voice.
The songs? There are some very personal ones to Dierks, some fun ones and some really heartfelt ones, but you can't help but want to sing along to all of them. This CD really does make you feel good. I have become a huge Dierks Bentley fan from this CD, as have the few I have introduced him to. So do yourself a favour......and just buy it. Worth every penny.
on 11 April 2014
Saw Dierks Bently live at "Country to Country" 2014, he was fantastic....hope to see him again next year at 2015 C2C
on 9 June 2014
First Dierks CD ever purchased introduced to his music by my friend in USA, so many good tracks hard to pick a favourite but Drunk on a Plane is really good to sing along to at full blast!!!.
on 22 April 2014
Having bought his previous album, Home, before going to the County to Country festival at the O2, i wasnt convinced it was my type of music, but after his set, I bought this album straight away and haven't stopped playing it since. Not a bad track on the album with I Hold On being one of the stand outs along with Here on Earth, about the death of his father. Having gone to the concert to see especially Zac Brown Band, he stole the show for me in front of Zac, Dixie Chicks and Martina mcBride
on 30 May 2014
Great CD with no disappointing tracks.
If you love country you will love this too.
What a voice - what a star
Dierks Bentley has had considerable success and all his albums are worth a listen but none have fully convinced me apart from his bluegrass album Up In the Ridge. I thought his last one Home was his best until this one. This one is perhaps more personal. Perhaps a little more serious than previous albums. The songs have a little more depth but at the same time are stadium friendly as evidenced by his triumphant performance at the O2 Arena in March 2014. Best song is the powerful I Hold On. Bourbon in Kentucky is a duet with Kacey Musgraves is another standout track. Riser is very good. Nothing to really skip over......and he is in great voice. Very enjoyable and for me his best yet.
on 19 March 2014
Great album for new country lovers!!!

We saw this guy perform at the O2 at the Country2Country concert last weekend.....excellent.
on 8 May 2014
Another awesome album from Dierks Bentley. Every album he releases is slightly different in its sound, but they're similar in their brilliance. I saw Dierks at the C2C Festival at the O2 Arena, and he was fantastic. Like his set that night this album is vibrant and full of energy. It's got a very summery feel to it, its gonna sound great in the sun...
on 16 April 2014
I waited a long time for this album to be released in this country after hearing Bourbon in Kentucky on the radio. It was worth the wait. Most tracks are instantly likeable, and the others grow on you.