on 14 January 2014
I stumbled across the existence of this book via a recent Forum thread, and immediately realised I had to get it.

Remembering the glory days of Fulltilt poker, I watched or rather attempted to watch Haseeb play HU. This didn't work out because he sat table after table of HU players only for all of them to sit out instantly. I thought then, wow this guy must be good!

Anyway jump forward a few years and I've now gotten the chance to explore I think, one the greatest poker minds to have arisen from the 'poker boom'.

As was previously stated this is NOT a strategy book relating to hands and how to play them. Rather it's a strategy book on how to approach the poker life, and how we mentally view the 'game' of poker. In fact there are a number of teachings which are not necessarily poker specific, but if considered and applied, are aimed at improving your everyday quality of life.

A lot of people who play poker be it online or live, are it seems searching in their studies for that 'Eureka' moment. Well Haseebs book was mine. I will never view poker in the sameway as I did before.

Sure a lot of people will raise the point that there have been some misjudgments in his past, but to not buy this book because of those, would be committing your own misjudgment against yourself.
on 15 January 2014
First of all, I'm not sure I believe some of the reviews on here given that the author is well known for creating false accounts on poker forums like 2+2 to spam his work.

Haseeb is clearly a really talented writer, of that there is no doubt. But a lot of this is really surface level stuff, things that sound insightful but are quite ambiguous. A lot of the more valuable psych information does seem to be pretty much taken straight from Jared Tendler's Mental Game of Poker (Which he does give a citation for in fairness, and also Tommy Angelo).

It is enjoyable to read, but not very helpful.
on 7 April 2014
It's a valid book for any aspiring poker player. The author posits that the book will work best with readers who are a least proficient players, who know they positional play, pot odds, and ev. However I think that anyone with a modicum of interest in poker will find this a very insightful read, definitely worth your time. My only reserve is the quality of the paper on which the book is written. The soft cover copy I bought tends to warp with minimal manipulation, considering that this is a book you will be getting back to, I figured that the publishers could have sought better materials.
on 2 January 2014
Very good read for anyone serious about their poker career. Be clear that this is not a theory book, and does not contain any tips or tricks that are going to instantly change your game.

Instead it teaches you the right mindset. And improves the way you think about poker if you take the time to apply it.

When you consider that 4 years ago Haseeb was a player who could have got away with putting a book on the market for $300+, as several players of a similar calibre did; it is an absolute steal.
on 28 March 2015
Unfortunately may need a PHD to read this but finally a book that strips away the boring strategy and analyses the philosophy behind us as human beings. We take ourselves wherever we go including the poker table and this deep thoughtful insight if understood, require a lot of introspection. That is not only good for the game,but for man itself.
on 30 December 2013
If you play poker you must buy this book. I've paid orders of magnitude more for books/vids of less quality. Haseeb has made mistakes but obviously has a razor sharp poker mind and by offering this book so cheaply hes certainly giving back to the poker community imo.
on 26 December 2013
I have not even read this, but as a Poker player wanting to improve, how can a strategy guide from DOGISHEAD....NOT be an investment? Simple. It can't. Even if it was $50 it would still be a CHEAP investment into one of the greatest poker minds.
on 22 January 2016
Really good and no, it is not like the Mental Game of Poker, it offers another perspective on the game. Excellent!
on 15 December 2015
Initially hard work to read for the first 100 pages then it improves, there are better out there.
on 14 December 2015