5.0 out of 5 stars Still Continues to Amaze
Each season of the Vampire Diaries surprises and amazes you in its own special way, and season 5 is no exception. The fact that the writers have continued to dig deep into history with each season is amazing, especially considering the pressure to maintain fresh stories, ideas and characters whilst maturing the main cast along the way. Fine examples come in the form of...
Published 8 months ago by S.E. Haughton

2.0 out of 5 stars The show has lost itself
I can't help but still be in love with the Vampire Diaries, even after this shockingly appalling series. Too many themes have been brought into the show and it somehow seems to have lost itself. I have never really taken to the character of Elena and this season is no exception. If it weren't for Damon's character I doubt I would still be watching. The loss of the...
Published 1 month ago by BettyRose2

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 3 Jun 2014
Donna H. (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This show never fails to get me invested in the plot. I've seen each season multiple times, and each time it is still interesting.

With every season TVD continues to get better and each season ends with an AMAZING finale that has me on the edge of my seat (and often in tears, as was the case with the finale of this season!!!).
I can't wait for the DVD so that I can rewatch it all again and again while waiting for season 6 to start :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Mar 2014
Always keeps you wanting more, you are constantly changing your mind on who Elena should be with which keeps it interesting!
I'm team Damon.. This week!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet !, 7 Nov 2013
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I am a huge Vampire Diaries fan and last season had the biggest cliff hanger so far so I was more than a little bit excited to see season 5. Now I'm 15 episodes in and it hasn't disappointed me, this is shaping up to be the best season yet and I can't wait to see more.
There are lots of new characters and story lines this season which have freshened things up and breathed new life into the show so I hope there will be many more seasons to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remains the best show on TV!!, 20 July 2014
I have been watching the show since the very beginning and it still continues to get better each season. The story lines this season have been incredible and not one episode has let me down. The way that the writers are able to maintain a high standard of writing, considering it has been going on for 5 years, keeps me watching every week. The new characters this season were great and it was interesting to watch their relationships with the existing characters develop. Each character brings something different to the show which keeps it exciting as you never know the direction they will be heading in the future. I also enjoyed watching the romantic relationships develop between certain characters.I am looking forward to seeing more character developments in season six and hope that the brilliance of the show continues into the next season.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 July 2014
This is great but I can't finish the series because episode 19 & 20 are not there!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing season, 17 May 2014
I loved the vampire diaries, seasons 2-3 being the best. However, this season was a complete disappointment. ***SPOILER ALERT*** from the Silas takeover, then the Augustine stuff, to the Katherine plot, and the messy Delena storyline. Seriously??? CW, Julie Plec and the rest of the writers need to sort it out for Season 6 because they'll eventually end up losing ratings. Doesn't surprise me that this season has the lowest ratings of all 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars with Subtitle, 6 Feb 2014
will be the season 5 with German Subtitle or just English?
Cant wait until it comes in Germany on Blueray.
Season 1-4 Ive watched in English and I dont like the German sound... :)

Thanks for answer :)

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 9 Jun 2014
F. Smith (Norwich England) - See all my reviews
Such an amazing show, really loved this season. I loved all the twists and turns .. and the end! OMG i hope its not for real! Cant wait for season 6!

5.0 out of 5 stars love vampire diaries, 29 May 2014
Love it cant wait for season 6 just with it would hurry up cas really want to watch please hurry

5.0 out of 5 stars Just keeps getting better!, 5 April 2014
Twists and turns, that there is no way you can see what coming next.
Can't wait to see what happens next.