Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.29

on 16 April 2014
Address the nation was probably my favourite album of 2012 and have since been looking forward to seeing what H.E.A.T come out with next. This time round I would say the prodution is better. The first few songs take a slightly different approach for the band, a little heavier with hints of crashdiet and hardcore superstar in there and H.E.A.T. pull it off great. Keyboards are also a bit more prominant throughout the album which was welcomed by me and fits in well with the guitar parts. The second half of the album is more AOR orientated with big sing along choruses and Europe esque guitar solos. Great album from a band that deserves to be bigger.
on 14 April 2014
Well what can you say about the new H.E.A.T album only that i'ts a slice of pure melodic class from start to finish. On my
second spin on the CD and it's sounding even better. Good melodic chorouses with well crafted solos which fill out the
songs perfectly. The songs have elements of Europe in there but in my opinion that is definatley a good thing. H.E.A.T
deserve to be a lot bigger than they are so lets see what happens in 2014. A definite buy for all fans of melodic rock.
on 23 April 2014
I dont normally post reviews, but really wanted to write about Tearing Down The Walls

I was fortunate enough to discover H.E.A.T last year, and am really pleased i did, since then have seen them live and now own all 4 of their albums, I have to admit i slightly prefer the last 2 albums. But all are recommended.Address the Nation was brilliant, but I think i prefer Tearing down the walls even more.

All the tracks on the album are high energy, guitar driven gems,

Stand out tracks are:

Point of No Return, didn't think it was possible to get a better opener than Breaking the Silence but this is it!
Eye for an Eye
Laughing at Tomorrow

How this band are not bigger than they are is beyond me and really hope they get all the success they deserve.
on 14 April 2014
Infectious & Energetic. I have a feeling this album will be on repeat in my car for the next year or so. Much like Address the Nation was/is/continues to be.

Standout tracks so far...Emergency, Enemy in Me and Point of No Return. However, every track on the album is a notch above!

I hope these guys break big worldwide.
on 26 April 2014
I always like to make comparisons to other artists but with H.E.A.T its difficult because they don't remind me of anyone in particular, there isn't another band in my CD collection with the same sound except maybe KICK? (Consider This era). This is my first experience with this band despite the positive reviews from their back catalog, the problem for me sampling music on the internet isn't that you don't get to hear enough of the songs but because the music playback is so bland / Mediocre (which means I only get a vague idea of the quality of the album). However with that in mind I took a chance and brought this on the back of positive reviews and pleased I did because by the end of the year "Tearing down the walls" will be in MY top 10 of 2014! Now I am going to sound unoriginal hear but once again this is a well written, well produced and well executed rock album (I know I've said this on many occasions) but it's true! Twelve songs all of which I like so no need to skip anything here, for me to buy any album I have to like most (not all) of the songs. The best way to describe the sound of H.E.A.T is that its a very modern sounding album like say KICK or W.E.T. Today its almost impossible to sound unique or original because its all been done before but H.E.A.T do have a very distinctive rock sound that does seem familiar yet fresh. Bottom line? even though the year is relativity young I can safely say this will be a contender by the end of 2014! CHECK IT OUT
on 23 April 2014
Brilliant....... Simply the best........ Masterpiece........Genius .......... H.E.A.T. own this genre.......... nothing else to say except YOU MUST OWN THIS CD
on 23 April 2014
H.E.A.T complete their transition from cult AOR act to true stadium rock contenders with a record that delivers 12 slices of pure hard rock bliss. This album is getting great reviews right across the board (even Metal Hammer were impressed) and for good reason. Tearing Down The Walls is, quite simply, a modern masterpiece.
on 9 May 2014
Another great album from H.E.A.T. Production wise, this is a little harder rocking than previous albums and the sound is clear. Not quite as instantly catchy as previous album Address The Nation which gripped me from first play. This one may take a few listens but I'm sure these songs will come to life with more plays. Having said that, based on first listen, opener Point Of No Return is a great bombastic track and first single A Shot At Redemption is solid enough to have crossover appeal and get the band noticed by the mainstream.

Other highlights include Inferno, Emergency and Mannequin Show (which has has caused the loss of one star in the rating for using the same chord progression as very popular songs by Streisand/Gibb and Britney. It's hard not to hear those other songs!).

For me, the best tracks on the album are Eye For An Eye and Enemy In Me tucked away at the end of the album. Superb modern rock. Get these tracks in an action move and HEAT could bring AOR back to the masses.

One gripe, the gang vocals on Laughing At Tomorrow and a few others don't quite hit the mark. I can see their point. With reference to the cover art, they have gone for a 'Warriors' vibe on a number of songs which is fine, but HEAT can do better backing vocals. Layered backing vocals here (a la Def Leppard) would improve this song massively.

Overall, a strong album, not quite as instantly catchy as it's predecessor but well worth a purchase and in line for best AOR album of 2014 so far and in Erik Gronwall, HEAT have one of the best singers in the business.
on 19 November 2014
amazon and lost.fm having been telling me for ages that i should be buying this cd and they were right. more quality aor from scandinavia, how do they manage to write such perfect songs, catchy tunes with a big production but mostly rubbish lyrics.
on 12 June 2014
Accomplished release from talented group of young musicians keeping the AOR genre alive and well.
A great follow up to Address the Nation. It's different in it's styling but you know it's H.E.A.T.