4.0 out of 5 stars Paloma is back with a bang!
Paloma Faith has previously released two past albums that were, in my opinion, nothing short of pop perfection. However, upon hearing Can't Rely On You I wasn't quite sure what to expect - I'm not a fan of Pharell Williams which probably explains it. But the track is a grower and that is what can be said for most of the record.

Faith has said in a few...
Published 5 months ago by MusicMaker

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor vinyl production
Great album with great songs ,but the sound quality of the production on this album is not very good IMO. Will try CD version to see if its any better! May be I have a bad copy. But enjoy the soul funk sound. Reminds me of James brown meets Amy Whinehouse.If production was good on vinyl I would have given it 5 stars
Published 4 months ago by daniel flatt

4.0 out of 5 stars Paloma is back with a bang!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)

Faith has said in a few interviews that she wanted to make a dance record with all killer and no filler. From the first three tracks this is very apparent. Can't Rely On You, Mouth To Mouth and Take Me are a trio of very danceable tracks that hark back to the glory days of Motown which is very much suited to Paloma's "Cabaret-esque" voice. Although Pharell only appears on the opening track, it is clear where his influence has been left within the rest of the songs.

Only Love Can Hurt Like This isn't quite up to her usual standards however, in fact it is considerably worse than I expect from her. The song just seems to drag on and the harmonies are few and far between - even when they are there they are heavily auto tuned.

After that A Perfect Contradiction romps through sad songs to happy tunes and all of them are totally single worthy (though it is indicating the mediocre Only Love Can Hurt Like This is up to be the next single). Any fans of Paloma or of Motown will probably find a lot in this record. Although it may not be Do you Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful in terms of elegance, this is definitely a worthy entry into Faith's catalogue.

8.5/10

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect album, 13 Mar 2014
Once again Paloma explodes back onto the scene proving once and for all she is a vocal powerhouse. Paloma was most definitely born in the wrong generation. With Pharell produced tracks Paloma's beats are that bit more slicker. A perfect blend of heart ache and get on your feet and dance. She always manages to hit you where it hurts with her distinctive vocals...an album to be heard live for sure....Bravo Paloma.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now THAT's a voice!, 10 Mar 2014
A. Marczak "mazzarak" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
The first time I heard Stone Cold Sober, I was blown away by the voice. On her third studio album, Paloma Faith is still playing to her strengths, but has got some major back up this time. When I heard the opening bars of Can't Rely On You, I could feel the Pharrell influence, even before I was aware he was the producer, and there is a touch of class about the whole album.

The tone of the album follows the often-doomed-love mood of previous albums, but that doesn't mean it's a downbeat album. It's full of disco beats, guitar riffs, gospel and soul, and it's terrific to listen to. I'm still not sure it's as good as her debut, but it's still a great album, and one I will listen to again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 26 April 2014
rossyb "r.breslin" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
This is my first Paloma Faith album. I bought after seeing her on TV.All the songs are upbeat great for singing in the car or dancing round the kitchen.I will definatly buy more of her music and now I want to see her in concert. Great stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Growing on me but maybe not as good as Fall to Grace, 27 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
It's been quite a wait and so I got the album as soon as I knew it was available. Initially I was a bit disappointed as Fall to Grace was so good and immediately had me listening again and again. Now that I've listened quite a few times it's starting to grow on me. Oddly enough I feel like the later tracks are better and I'm particularly not so impressed with track 1 which is the first single.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor vinyl production, 27 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly perfect album., 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
I was so excited when I got this album, Paloma has my attention in every song she sings, her words tell a story, I love this album, thank you Paloma Faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars one and only Paloma, 26 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
I have loved this qwerty lady for some time. Not only is she stunning but her voice delivers every time for me. This CD is no different. Buy it love it play it and enjoy over and over again. Excellence in music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 26 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (MP3 Download)
Paloma Faith just keeps getting better. Love the album haven't stopped playing it yet. First 2 singles released Just Can't Rely on You and Only Love Can Hurt Like This are really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 16 Mar 2014
I. White - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
Paloma has upped the tempo and produced an amazing CD. Cannot stop playing it- favourite CD of the year so far

A Perfect Contradiction