5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album of the year!
Published 6 months ago by Maria J

3.0 out of 5 stars Inside Faith
Published 6 months ago by Scarlet Jupiter

3.0 out of 5 stars Inside Faith, 10 Nov. 2014
Scarlet Jupiter - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Another re-issue for the upcoming festive season, "A perfect contradiction: Outsiders' edition" is one worth purchasing, especially by those who have not bought the original album upon its release back in March. Featuring the orinignal 11-track set, plus 3 brand new songs, and recent collaboration with British record production duo Sigma, "Changing", (Paloma's first ever No 1 hit), the extra material seems to be working in favour of the album, further enhancing the more commercial direction Paloma took with this record. Also accompanied by a second disc of a live set, "Outsiders' edition" is a generous bundle of studio and live tracks, offering listeners a more complete insight, and a chance to delve deeper into Paloma Faith's artistic vision. She remains an eccentric and enigmatic figure, with telling, thoroughly entertaining songs. Although "A perfect contradiction" cannot reach the heights of debut album Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful? and its follow-up Fall To Grace (Deluxe), it is a pretty solid effort, and this nicely assembled package will reward those who will decide to be tempted by Faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album of the year!, 17 Nov. 2014
There is not a bad track on this, but I particularly love "Other Woman" and 'Ready for the Good Life". Some of the tracks have a flavour of Motown (my favourite genre), some are just great fun, and some show that Paloma has a great soul voice. Mostly, the album has me dancing as though no-one's there, and singing into my hairbrush. Love it!! In addition, I saw her performing recently and she is amazing live - do see her on her tour if you can.

4.0 out of 5 stars Growing on me but maybe not as good as Fall to Grace, 27 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
It's been quite a wait and so I got the album as soon as I knew it was available. Initially I was a bit disappointed as Fall to Grace was so good and immediately had me listening again and again. Now that I've listened quite a few times it's starting to grow on me. Oddly enough I feel like the later tracks are better and I'm particularly not so impressed with track 1 which is the first single.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 26 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (MP3 Download)
Paloma Faith just keeps getting better. Love the album haven't stopped playing it yet. First 2 singles released Just Can't Rely on You and Only Love Can Hurt Like This are really good.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 6 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
I love listening to this cd. I have only just really sat up and taken notice of her since seeing her on Graham Norton show a few weeks ago singing 'Can't rely on you'. On some of the tracks she sounds a little bit like Amy Winehouse really soulful and a very strong voice, I like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars This Is my first taste of PF and the Jury ..., 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
This Is my first taste of PF and the Jury Is out, I will reserve judgement until I've played It more. Some say she's the new Amy Winehouse, I would disagree In that my view PF has many more range of scale than Amy. So we will wait and see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Mar. 2014
Amazing!
Not a bad song! As good as her pervious work. Can't stop playing the album! Buy you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, 20 April 2015
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
As a person I think Paloma is great, she is funny, zany, mad, and overall seems to be a lovely person. As for her music I knew very little about it. One night I heard a song on the radio and thought to myself how much I liked it. It was only when it had finished I was aware Paloma Faith sung it. On that note I decided to buy the A Perfect Contradiction as Only Love Can Hurt Like This was on it. Its a great album there is not a song on it I don't like. On the strength of that I have brought her other two albums and are pleased to bits that I have. A great song a great album and a great voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (MP3 Download)
This is yet another cracking album from an artist who is not afraid to experiment with her music. If you like her voice, give it a try

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, BUT COULD SOMEONE HANG THE SOUND ENGINEER., 21 Feb. 2015
Love the album, I purchased this cd and sat back and listened to it but had that nagging disappointment thanks to the over indulgence of a nappy rashed sound engineer who has ears the size of 5 pence piece doing his or her bit to launch it into the realms of the "loudness wars" going on these days. I personally do not think Paloma's talents deserve this or do any other artist. Great songs just a lousy sound job by a third rate sound engineer who deserves a two pound hammer over their knuckles.

A Perfect Contradiction