5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Follow Up!
Eight months after the Landry case and Strike is back. Inundated with rich clients wanting their adulterous spouses tailed, the private detective is relieved to receive a likeable visitor with a quandary actually worth investigating. The wife of not-quite-famous author, Owen Quine, Leonora Quine wants her missing husband found. Cormoran takes on the case and quickly finds...
Published 12 months ago by Jack Croxall (Author/Journo)

3.0 out of 5 stars All about character, not plot
I read and enjoyed The Cuckoo’s Calling and so was looking forward to this follow-up. As with the first book I was much more taken by the characters than the plot. Strike is extremely likable and very well-rounded and the relationships between the main characters are really believable. Location too is great; I know that corner of London very well and it was lovely...
Published 11 months ago by Sarah Durston

‹ Previous | 161 62 63222 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Aug. 2014
V. BUTT (uk) - See all my reviews
Another excellent cormorant strike book ,awaiting the next !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Dec. 2014
Zoe Barefoot (UK) - See all my reviews
Looking for some holiday reading, I found the first Robert Galbraith novel. Having not being able to put it down, my next was The Silkworm. Exciting, it kept the imagination and intrigue going all the way through. So here's looking forward to the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually enjoyed this far more than "The Cuckoo's Calling", 18 July 2014
I actually enjoyed this far more than "The Cuckoo's Calling". The character of Cormoran Strike is more developed I felt than in the previous book and he seems more masculine. Found myself wanting to read more which i didn't get with the previous book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good follow up novel, 14 Oct. 2014
Good follow up novel. The characters are developed nicely from book 1 and the story line is both engaging and nicely complex. It leaves sufficient follow up lines to develop into a first class series and just like the Cookoo's Calling left me wanting more.

4.0 out of 5 stars never know til the last minute, 13 Aug. 2014
Interesting read, sometimes too metaphor laden but a good twisty murderous trail that leaves you guessing until the very end. Great rapport with strike and robin and leaves a mystery behind robins early life that I am sure will be unveiled in a future novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely thrilling, could not put it down, 2 Aug. 2014
.MAGIC I could not put this book down, I would recommend this writer and his work to anyone.I
would like to thank Amazon.com as I am disabled I can. it at times get to reach shelves this is ideal for me to choose the right books for me.THANK YOU.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 17 July 2014
Ruth (LONDON, GB) - See all my reviews
Better than book one. A fantastic crowd of characters expertly drawn. The relationship between Strike and Robin, tantalizing. The ability of Robert to draw you in, to make me, the reader, feel like I know the characters personally has not left him. Loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit to be a birthday present..., 31 Dec. 2014
Think I must have bought this as a present - which I suppose says it all. I do in the end get tired of detectives who are so deliberately set upon drinking themselves to death, but think that point will not be reached for several Cormoran Strike books yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars The silkworm, 21 April 2015
As with the last book the descriptions of people and places really help you visualize them. It i complicated case for strike and that means you have to concentrate or you lose the thread.

Not quite as good as the first book but still enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and interesting thriller, 4 Aug. 2014
In my opinion this is a good thriller that is well thought out and written. Some of the literary characters were confusing and felt over complicated and required a lot of attention in order to follow. I look forward to reading more from Robert Galbraith!

‹ Previous | 161 62 63222 | Next ›