5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended highly
The two series of this program are absolutely brilliant. Great scripts, excellent acting, everything about the shows is top-class. The Brits certainly know how to make quality drama.
Published 5 months ago by Ms. Jennifer Murray

3.0 out of 5 stars Watchable but Unconvincing
I've been watching Series 1 and am now debating whether Series 2 will be worth the effort. It's fast-paced and often watchable police procedural but quite soon you start to be distracted by implausible and inconsistent procedures, ludicrous plot twists and a script that is very variable in quality. It's not fair to compare everything to The Wire, but what the top...
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended highly, 28 April 2014
Ms. Jennifer Murray (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Line of Duty, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent! Keeps you guessing to the last moment. Important to watch 2nd series soon after the 1st. I changed my mind as to who was guilty several times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent edge of seat viewing!, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
Loved this. Hard to stop watching - had to know what was going to happen. So well acted and believable It is well worth the 5 star rating despite the rather rushed ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mum liked it!, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
I ordered this for my mum, a pensioner, who had been recommended it by her sister-in-law. She watched both series pretty promptly and enjoyed them both, the first series more than the second. Apparently, the second series is complicated and she didn't understand it even after watching it through a second time. I don't know if this is a common problem (but my auntie did warn her it was difficult to follow) and I cannot comment from personal experience as I haven't watched either series myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
One word - AMAZING! Truly gripping from start to finish - wasn't happy until I had finished both series because I needed to know what was happening. Definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Line of Duty 1 & 2, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
We bought the 1st series as we thought we hadn't seen it and it was quite a bargain to get the two series together. As it turns out we had seen it a couple of years back but, both in our late 70's, we don't remember a lot about it!
We are thoroughly enjoying it and are,as usual, delighted with the service we get from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dramas, great acting., 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
It's rare you get good, original British cop dramas with complex storylines and strong acting on TV these days. Both these series of Line Of Duty are excellent. The stories in S1 and S2 are very different to each other in their rendition, although they share the common premise of the police anti-corruption unit (AC-12) investigating bent coppers with 4 of the same detectives present in both series.

S2 is basically a complex whodunnit story with a police prime suspect who may or may not be an innocent party to an armed ambush on a witness-protection convoy, while the target was being moved from a safe-house, and where she was the leading driver. You are kept guessing until the final episode whether that suspect knows more about the ambush than she is telling or whether she has been set up.

In S1 we already know who the 'bent cop' is early on as he already has some minor form. Except is he as bad as AC-12 seem to believe he is? Or is he being victimised because maybe AC-12 are focusing on the wrong cop when drug-war killings are discovered on an estate where he is the SIO? Again you will have to follow all the eps to find out who is the actual baddie.

These are dramas you can revisit time and again even though you know the outcome, because the acting and plot development are so good in both series. Definitely worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
I just thought it was one of the best written series 1 and 2 .So gripping.That i just had to own it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling story. Very well written and acted. I ..., 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
Compelling story. Very well written and acted. I have only watched the first series to date. I am waiting until I have some free time before starting Series 2. I anticipate that series II will be similar to series I - impossible to stop watching once you start. Maybe not all in one evening - but maybe 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] (DVD)
I missed some of these episodes when on the TV originally. I really enjoyed this. Superb acting, and also you could understand every word spoken, not like the usual American drawl. A pleasure to watch with gripping storylines and great BBC production. I would recommend this DVD to everyone. Wonderful!

Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD]
Line of Duty Complete Series One & Two [DVD] by Martin Compston (DVD - 2014)