Published 9 months ago by Ken R.

Published 5 months ago by Mojodo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sat Nav, Great Customer Service-Well worth the purchase price, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: KK-ELECTRONICS 4.3" Sat Nav with Multimedia Player Europe UK and US Maps, 4GB (Electronics)
No need to spend more than you need to....the Sat Nav was delivered before expect time, It had a small hiccup at first, but their Customer service was excellent! They sent me photos and step by step instruction to resolve, what turned out to be simple problem. I honestly cant say a bad thing about the Sat Nav or KK Electronics service, they couldn't have been more helpful. Well worth the price! Anyone wanting a Sat Nav that covers Europe AND the USA should buy this unit! Thank you KK Electronics & Miss Kiko their fronts person who was so helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Value for Money, 17 April 2014
Alan Crawford (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these (from a different supplier) about 9 months ago as I was planning a 4 week tour around Europe. It had full UK and Europe mapping. It did not disappoint. the mapping was bang up to date, the map screens and audio descriptions were clear and precise. The device has lots of extra features

I decided to buy this one as well because I will now be travelling around East Cost of USA next month, so I needed US mapping, and it is really just an enhanced version of the old one. I did think about renting a Sat Nav is the states for 4 weeks, but the price of buying this is a lot cheaper than renting. So the new one has full UK, Europe and USA mapping

Good Points: 1. VERY CHEAP 2: works really well, clear maps, good audio 3. Lots of settings, more than most people will ever want, but they are all included anyway 4. Lots of extra functions (audio player, video, pictures, bluetooth etc) agin, more that most people will want from a SatNav 5, Great Screen Mount, very strong and secure; you could easily pay > £10 just for one of these.

Not So Good Points - 1. The documentation is very basic, and if you are not "au fait" with Sat Nav products, you might struggle for a while, but once you have figured it out, it is really easy to use 2. The battery life on the product is not very long; it "runs out of puff" after about 15 mins, so you can't really use it as a "walkabout" device, but since it is really meant to be a car-based device, you will probably have it connected to power in the car when you are using it, so not really a big negative

Al in all, if you want a cheap and very functional Sat Nav for circa £35 I can really recommend this.

Buying from an unknown supplier always requires a bit of a leap of faith, but I had e-mail dialogue with the supplier KK Electronics before I purchased it, and response was always prompt (usually next day, because they are based in Asia)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes, 16 April 2014
Was looking for a SatNav that had maps of the UK, Europe and the US and was surprised to find one that was available at such a reasonable price. On receiving the product within 5 workings days, I searched for addresses in more remote areas of Spain and the US West Coast, and was pleasantly surprised. Not only were the addresses 'found' but it was done so in a very short time.
- A happy shopper

4.0 out of 5 stars The Sat Nav software was excellent and got us everywhere we wanted to go with ..., 4 Aug 2014
Given the price we were sceptical as to whether this device would provide such a wide coverage. However we took a punt and purchased it for a fly drive holiday to California as it was a much more cost effective option than hiring one with the car. The Sat Nav software was excellent and got us everywhere we wanted to go with clear instructions. In fact we were able to program in USA addresses and check out locations before leaving the UK which gave us confidence that it would do what it said. Our only wish was that it had a better display as it became very difficult to see when there was a reasonable level of daylight. It also had its moments in San Francisco when surrounded by tall buildings it lost reception. This was a little disconcerting as it was in the City that you need it the most. We also found some of the additional applications such as the currency converter very useful. The rates were correct at the time we travelled but I am finding it difficult to find how to subsequently change the conversion rates for ongong use . The mounting kit worked well and held the nav steady and remained stuck even in the California heat. We were also pleased that the nav came with both car and mains power adaptors. Overall great value for money especially for trips such as the one we did where the alternatives were much more expensive. We could have bought a basic USA sat nav from Wallmart for about $60 but unlike this device it would have no further use once you return to the UK. Overall very happy with our choice

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.3" Satellite Navigation with UK and USA Maps, 15 April 2014
Bought the Unit with a view to using in future during a Route 66 trip in USA. Works brilliantly in the UK as Satellite Navigation plus music player. Like the previous reviewer I needed some guidance with the Manual but the lady named Miss Kiko gave immediate email responses including several informative step by step photos.

A very nice compact Unit with a significant sized touch screen.

3.0 out of 5 stars the mapping and satnav worked brilliantly on a 3 week trip to USA taking in ..., 10 July 2014
Mojodo (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
Okay it's a cheap satnav and previous concerns over battery life (fairly non-existent) are true.However, the mapping and satnav worked brilliantly on a 3 week trip to USA taking in everything from N.Carolina's Outer Banks to Downtown Manhattan, via Washington DC and Pittsburgh. It got us to our destination every time...and the price was less than half the price of loading US maps onto my satnav. The lane advisory function was useful and accurate. Satnav keeps quiet when there's nothing to say but still gives well-timed advice counting down from 3km, 800m etc.(I hate a garrulous satnav that won't shut up even when no instructions are required for the next 30 miles!). Distance units can be changed from km to miles and there are lots of voices and other routing/display options. Very good range of international maps.

Downsides: rubbish battery life became a problem when the supplied car power lead also failed after less than a week's use (supplied usb charging lead came in very handy at that point)! Takes a bit of getting used to eg "Keep left" can mean turn left or keep to the left hand lane - fine when used in conjunction with visual display but could catch out the new or unwary user. Supplied user Instructions are very basic (but the unit is fairly intuitive).

It has loads of other functions we didn't use as we only needed satnav.

We grew to love Martina Satnavratilova, as we called her, for her sheer accuracy and mapping reliability. If you are looking for a budget option to get accurate reliable international satnav and maps this could be worth considering.

**** UPDATE: One short email and a replacement charger was sent which arrived within a week. I'd up the score to 3.5 if I could!****

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 7 July 2014
I had a Garmin before and this is just as good and for the price, can't fall off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not nasty!, 5 July 2014
D. A. Rowley - See all my reviews
Bought for trip to Orlando. Worked excellently, saved several situations, amazing value. The windscreen attachment is a bit flimsy but hey!! Well recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Great value for money & easy to use. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Jun 2014
Great got me everywhere I wanted to go

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›