on 29 June 2014
It seems silly to get excited over a USB 3 hub but Easyacc have nailed it with this 7 port hub. Two device charge ports on the front as well as two USB 3 ports and they're angled to make for much easy connecting of USB flash drives than your traditional hub. This is something that's completely omissed by the competition but is such an easy thing to do. I'm sitting at my desk and they're right there.

Secondly, I love the fact there's ports round the back too. I've got a USB 3 card reader so I can just run the cable round the back out of sight instead of having it traipsing over the desk at the front.

Unlike many powered hubs, this one includes an adaptor and a UK one too - no issues here

Finally, and somewhat unexpectedly, the base is weighted too and pretty well I might add. It's pretty much impossible to knock it over. Easyacc has thought of everything with this hub and it's a good price too. Very refreshing to see such a well-designed and well-thought out product, No hesitation with five stars.
on 12 December 2014
Nothing much to add to other feedbacks, but just to add how happy I am with this USB/charging hub. I am using it to plug my 2 Transcend external hard drives (1TB & 2TB), WD My Passport 2TB external hard drive, Samsung 1.5TB external hard drive, Kingston multi-card reader, iBoutique 64Gb flash drive and my mouse wifi dongle :-) ... I also charged my iPad4 and mobile phone, and have no problems whatsoever. Nice and stylish and would recommend to anyone :-)
on 2 December 2014
I've tried a few of these multi-ported devices (from Maplin etc) but each time they have difficulty in coping with more than two or three USB 3 powered hard drives connected at the same time.
I like the off/on switch and the two charger ports as well as the heavy base that keeps it upright nicely. First impressions were very good and I wasn't to be disappointed.
This one I've tested thoroughly by attaching four USB 3 powered hard drives and one that was DC powered and there was no drop out or any problem whatsoever. The higher amp level tolerance on this one really makes a difference. I highly recommend this particular product and in my opinion for what you get it is good value for money.
Update: After months of use my opinion still stands. Charges phones et-cetera very fast and with 5 hard drives attached I don't have any dropping out. A great product!
This Easy Acc USB 3.0 7 Port Charging and Data Hub which I was sent for review could meet both your needs for USB device connection as well as supporting the plethora of devices which now require a USB host for charging. What you get in the box is the hub, a stand, a UK plugged power supply, two special charging cables, a USB 3.0 connection lead and instructions plus support details. Everything in the box looks and feels well made. Installation under Windows 7 was a breeze and near instant with no obvious drivers being installed. Because it is a vertical design the footprint of this device is small for a 7 port hub. A blue LED Indicates that the power supply is on and the hub itself has a power on/off switch.

In terms of socketry - on the rear there's a power adaptor socket, and USB connection socket to connect the hub to your PC (the connection lead is supplied) plus 3 data USB sockets. On the front of the unit there are two data and two "smart" sockets. The two "smart" sockets meet the BC 1.2 charging specification and output 1.5A when the hub is connected to your computer and 2 Amps when the hub is disconnected from the computer. However, if you use the two supplied special charging leads these ports will allow charging at up 24000mA regardless of whether the hub is connected to the computer or not - this is useful for charging tablets etc. The combined load on the whole hub should not exceed 7Amps and the instructions give you examples of typical consumption for keyboards, mice, USB HDDs etc.

In use I found this hub fast in data transfer much of my use being the transfer of pictures which I take in RAW and JPEG. I have also used the hub to charge the following devices and it seems to work well, my iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7"), Nokia Lumia Smartphone, Moto G smartphone plus various power banks and cameras. The hub has anti-surge circuitry to protect your devices and data whilst the mains adaptor sports FCC and CE approval markings. There's also a 1 year warranty.

This hub has quickly won my approval as a USB and charging centre as it's easy to use and works without problems - Recommended.
on 2 May 2015
I cannot find any fault with this USB 3.0 7-port hub. There are 3 USB 3.0 ports at the back and 2 at the front, plus 2 'Smart' ports at the front, which are also USB 3.0 but which in addition provide fast charging capability for devices such as mobile phones, etc. I plug my iPhone into one of the 'Smart' ports at the front of the hub and my external hard drive plugs into one of the two USB 3.0 ports at the front. The iPhone charges rapidly whilst simultaneously being able to sync with iTunes. Transfer speeds to my external hard drive via the USB 3.0 ports are lightning fast. The product is very reasonably priced in comparison with the other products I looked at on Amazon. Sure, there are cheaper ones, but this hub is the best value-for-money item, particularly when you consider that is has a very solid feel to it. I like the 'rubberised' texture of the matte black finish (which is a 'hard' case but with a slightly 'soft' feel to it) and the heavy base unit which, although you still have to hold the hub when plugging devices in/out to keep the hub from sliding around a bit, it nevertheless has a very solid base upon which to sit on your desk. I've noticed that one common complaint about other hubs for sale on Amazon is that they tend to slide all over user's desktops but this is not an issue with the EasyAcc hub. Overall I am very happy that I chose this particular hub and expect that I will get many years of use out of it.
on 27 September 2014
great item, bought this to replace a small 4 port aluminium style hub that I seemed to have problems with.
this is obviously bigger but does so much more. we use it to charge phones and iPads. Ordinary USB information transfer is excellent as well and with 5 year warranty we thought it must be a good product. it is and I would recommend.
on 14 September 2014
Very pleased with this hub. The vertical orientation is really good on the desk. It sit's by the side of my iMac (alongside numerous hard drives etc. Cables at the back are tidy. The stand is surprisingly heavy and well proportioned, it isn't one of those stupid plastic things that falls over all the time. In fact, to date (3-4 weeks in) it's not toppled over once. The front ports are a godsend and the sloped design of the front panel makes it not only stylish, but really easy to place temporary USB cables into. Really useful.

All in all, a superb USB3 hub. I'd certainly recommend it.
on 10 September 2014
Does everything I expected of it including connecting my iPad, iPhone, external DVD drive, external hard drive, Logitech unifying receiver and so on to my Win 8.1 laptop. Puts up with heavy usage without complaint. Only issue is that while the base is solid and holds the hub solidly in place the construction of the hub itself feels a little flimsy with the plastic seeming to me to be likely to crack easily if hit.
on 10 December 2014
Rather tardy delivery but it did arrive within the time limits advised. Base is separate from the unit but once attached the complete product has a firm, robust feel. It has a separate power cable and a USB 3 cable. Connected and switched on it was immediately detected by the PC. I have an iPhone and an iPad connected to the PC via the two "Smart" USB 3 sockets. So far everything is working well and the unit is sitting neatly to the rear of my PC installation. Good price and well constructed. With the 5 yr warranty I think it provides excellent value for money.
I have purchased many variations of USB hubs throughout the years and I have always been savvy when it came to price. I pondered that I USB hub is a USB hub no matter what they cost. I always plumped for a powered model just so I could ensure I was able to power all of my devices from the hub itself. Normally these HUBS cause issues, some devices don't work correctly or even work at all. I'd scratch my head, move the cables around and switch certain ones directly into the computer and eventually I'd have all my things working. Perfect right?

So, after many moons of putting up with the foibles of USB hubs I decided to spend a little more this time and get something that sounds like it does the job and does the job right. My mouse wasn't working too great and I couldn't get my webcam to work in my old hub. I switched it out with this new one and hey presto, everything just worked. No fiddling, no switching cables.

The device itself is much bigger than your average USB hub. The ports are suitably spaced so even if you have larger usb fobs or keys you should be okay with this. It comes with a nicely weighted base that slots into the hub to ensure a very strong fit that won't come away when you accidentally knock it. It won't fall over easily either. It comes with a suitably powerful adapter that promises to be able to smart charge 2 phones whilst managing it's job as a hub at the same time. You can ditch those chargers and just stick your cables directly into this. So now I have 2 spare power points as well. The device comes with two short USB cables to start you off. They aren't very long so depending on what you use them for or where you place the hub they might be just a bit short for any practical use. If you have this on your desktop then the shortness will be welcome, no trailing cables everywhere.

Performance/speed wise, it works really well, best hub I've had. I wouldn't worry about plugging a couple of drives into this for general use.
Looks wise, it's the bee's knees and is sexy enough to sit astride your rig without looking out of place. 4 ports on the front, including the 2 smart ports (data and charge) and three on the back. You can stick the items you never want to unplug in the back and keep the front ports for general swip swappy fun.

Overall this is an excellent piece of kit that does the job much better than your average USB hub. No messing with this! I will never buy a cheap USB hub again in my life.