5.0 out of 5 stars Mau5 In The House !!
I'm addicted! Two listens and I want to run through it
all over again. Deadmau5 has turned in a cracking set
with '4 x 4 = 12'. Joel Zimmerman is creating some of
the most intelligent and exciting dance music you will
find anywhere on the planet right now. 2009's 'For Lack
Of A Better Name' got me in a bit of a lather too but
this new...
Published on 6 Dec 2010 by The Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars New sounds but not a new album
There has been eager anticipation for the new Deadmau5 `4x4=12' album. The astronomical rise of Joel Zimmerman aka Deadmau5 throughout 2010 has been hard to ignore. His Facebook page has attracted over 1 and a half million followers and most of his official YouTube videos push out an average of 1 million views. The release of the new album is a prelude to another hard...
Published on 8 Dec 2010 by GrantT

4.0 out of 5 stars Consistently good the whole way through., 10 July 2012
This review is from: 4x4=12 (MP3 Download)
Originally I'd only heard Some Chords, Cthulu Sleeps and Raise Your Weapon , but I bought the whole album for something to listen to whilst I was away. No regrets; it was one of the things I listened to most; overall quality is high and I found myself listening to it over and over. Definitely recommend it to anyone who's heard a bit of his stuff and liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars SCHOOL FROM SPACE, 24 April 2012
This review is from: 4x4=12 (Audio CD)
ALL WORK COMES TO HIS LEAVE A SIGN TO A SCENE THAT INDELIBLE CHANGING ALWAYS INNOVATIVE PROPOSALS EXPLODES A CHARACTER FOLLOWING LINES ACID DECIDED NOT TOO SOFT FOR THIS JOB ARE SOME POINTS GUIDELINES FOR HIGH SCHOOL unshakable electrifying SEEMS THAT HAS SOUND COMING FROM USED INSTRUMENTS SPACE

5.0 out of 5 stars deadmaus does it again!, 25 Feb 2012
R. D. Hayes (Plymouth UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4x4=12 (Audio CD)
Deadmaus at his brilliant best, as usual! Can't fault it, every track is as good as the last one, or even better! I would recommend this album to anyone interested in electrobica/dance

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: 4x4=12 (MP3 Download)
great album great tracks and good price for a download from Amazon. worth getting whole album and tracks are really differant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Having, 22 Oct 2011
N. Hedley "Nathan Hedley "Natedog"" (Dunstable, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4x4=12 (Audio CD)
Good value cd with catchy tracks from a very creative artist.
One for your collection.
Sofi Needs A Ladder - Best track on cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars 16?!, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: 4x4=12 (Audio CD)
Okay so im not thick, but i never noticed that 4x4 doesnt equal 12... but anyway, what a hell of an album!
"the mau5 is back!!"
this album is just fantastic, filled with awesome tunes that will never get boring! some vocals on the tracks, pretty good! the first few track really gives you an insight into what you are about to experience... over an hour of sick tunes! just stick this on, dont even think just buy it, you wont be dissapointed! not a bad track on the album, he couldnt do a better album if he tried! cant wait for the next instalment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It!!!!!, 15 Dec 2010
Another Magic Album from Deadmau5, I fully recomend this album,

going to his show this Saturday!! = Cant wait
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album in my opinion, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: 4x4=12 (Audio CD)
On first listen of this album I liked half of it and the rest of it I wasnt too keen on to be honest. However most of the songs have grown on me apart from I Said which I don't ever see me getting into. Apart from that, this album is a great electronic album. I have been a House fan for years now and there are some tracks on here which really excite me. Some Chords is a really good opener and it feels like it is constantly building up on you. Sofi Needs A Ladder is my favourite track from the album just because the vocals have made it for me. It is just such a catchy tune that I cannot get out of my head! Then A City Of Florida has an almost early Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk) feel to it. Animal Rights is definitely a stand out track in my opinion. It has the groove of early Daft Punk and it is incredibly catchy. Cthulhu Sleeps is simply just an epic track and Right This Second compliments it. Both of these tracks are highlights of the album. Then the dubstep track Raise Your Weapon which was a suprising favourite for me since I'm not really much of a dubstep fan. It is slow and the bass line fits the piano and voice perfectly. One Trick Pony seems to me to be a bit of a filler to me. Then Everything Before finishes it off nicely.
I can see why people are complaining that this is not new material but Deadmau5 has released his albums by releasing most of it as singles before so why is there such a huge fuss now. Just enjoy the record for the music that is on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff..., 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: 4x4=12 (Audio CD)
Another collection of quintessential Deadmau5 hypnotic hooks, but nonetheless a fresh exploration. It seems he just keeps getting better and better. My favorite songs are "Sofi Needs A Ladder", "Raise Your Weapons", "One Trick Pony" and "Everything Before". This really is an amazing mix, the psychedelic bass synths and catchy beats make every track a hit!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Deadmau5, you'll like this, 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: 4x4=12 (Audio CD)
Nothing that breaks from the tried and tested Deadmau5 formula. It sounds great on a good system but this album is, if anything, a bit tame and predictable, in my opinion.

4x4=12