4.0 out of 5 stars When is the next series?
Having read all the books, Harry Bosch is my favourite Detective so I was a bit sceptical but had to watch.
So glad I did. Brilliant adaptation. I wasn't sure about the casting. Bosch of my imagination was a little taller. Now, he will forever be Titus. His voice is exactly how I imagined and the rest of the cast were fab. I really hope this show continues...
Published 4 months ago by Monica Byrne

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely shot and well acted but nothing special and the ...
Enjoyable but formulaic cop show. I watched it back to back so the repetitive nature of the show was more apparent. Nicely shot and well acted but nothing special and the tired old evil serial killer tussles with Cop that has a dark and difficult past thing is really a cliche - time for something different - but then that's not going to happen is it ?
Published 4 months ago by richie666

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cop Procedural, 26 Feb. 2014
Mr. S. Fung (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch - Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Titus Welliver elevates what could be a very rote procedural. Great acting and it left me wanting to find out more. It definitely sets the ground work for an interesting season 1 arc.

5.0 out of 5 stars "BOSCH" starring TITUS WELLIVER IS AMAZON's MESMERIZING POLICE PROCEDURAL, 25 Mar. 2015
RBSProds "rbsprods" (Deep in the heart of Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
"I got a feeling and I can't let go" - Jesse Voccia's theme from "Bosch"

Five RELENTLESS Stars! From "Amazon Originals/ Drama" comes actor Titus Welliver in one of his best roles yet as the world weary, by-the-book, very sharp detective Harry Bosch, who has a secret weapon and a checkered past that will not go away. The 10 episode first season is based on the police procedural novels by author and executive producer Michael Connelly who also collaborates on the screenplays. The cast is brilliant: Bosch's partner is played by Jamie Hector (The Wire), his boss is Amy Aquino (Being Human), who reports to the assistant chief Lance Reddick (Fringe), Annie Wersching (24) is a love interest, while Sarah Clarke (24), Alan Rosenberg (LA Law), Scott Wilson (The Walking Dead), and Abraham Benrubi (ER) areamong others in the cast. Jason Gedrick is as creepy and as riveting as it gets in the bad guy field. Multiple story lines and very patient developing of plots keep the viewer glued to the screen, jumping from one episode to the next, as Bosch's life gets more complicated both on and off the job. My Highest Recommendation! Five COMPELLING Stars! (Amazon Originals Drama, 10 episodes, TV-MA, 47 minutes per episode.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality drama, 27 Feb. 2014
I really enjoyed The pilot episode, and hope they produce a full series.
A a fan of the books, there is so much depth to the character, which is well suited to the screen, and having LA as the setting provides a fantastic canvas for hero to ply his trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must watch, 9 July 2014
Took a chance one night to see if was alright and was glued. And what seemed minutes it was over, wow. i desperately want to see more. I don't normally watch police/crime dramas like this because they all seem to be alike, but this felt totally different. It usually takes at least a couple of episodes to get into it, but I was hooked. The atmosphere and feel of it all was there from the beginning. Brilliant. More Amazon please, and soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please continue the series!, 28 Nov. 2014
P.B. (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I love Micheal Connelly novels that this pilot with his Bosch character is superb. I really hope they continue and make a series! A warning: this is not the complete story but certainly gives you a taste for it. Excellent acting & Bosch is exactly how I imagined him. The only other Connelly adaptation that I know of is The Lincoln Lawyer... and excellent film. If they don't continue this series it will be a shame. Well worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars and I love the pilot episode, 12 Feb. 2015
I've not read the book, and I love the pilot episode. The main character is very watchable as he walks ten feet taller than those around him. Navigating himself through homicide cases can't be easy - right? Bosch has a keen eye for detail and brings out the best in those who choose to follow his leads. He has enemies, who are sure to come back and bite him, in what promises to be a very enjoyable detective series.

5.0 out of 5 stars "That's justice. She doesn't hear you, see you, feel or speak to you. Justice, Detective Bosch, is just a concrete blonde.", 2 Feb. 2015
M. Gates "Buddy Gorgeous" (Area 51) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch - Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Brilliant!

I hoped the transition of a fantastic series of books to TV wouldn't be chewed up and spat out. Upon seeing this last night, I shouldn't have worried.

Fantastic work.

Strange seeing Bosch in the flesh. In the books you could fill about two pages about his physical description, leaving to us dear readers to paint our impressions over the years. Seeing him played by Titus Welliver, I think they've hit jackpot and snagged the right guy for the job. A great actor I've only seen play small roles such as in The Town and Dead Wood. The supporting cast are of equal classy pedigree. Direction is smart, the adaptation of City of Bones and Concrete Blonde was top-notch (as well it should be since the TV script was co-penned by the author himself), production is sharp.

All in all I am really looking forward to the series and hope there are enough satisfied viewers out there to grant its continuation.

If you haven or haven't read the books, I'm sure that this show will satisfy you. Fantastic show to keep your eye on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely shot and well acted but nothing special and the ..., 21 Feb. 2015

4.0 out of 5 stars Great debut series, I look forward to more., 29 Mar. 2015
Naomi_B (southport,england) - See all my reviews
As someone who has never read the books I cannot compare the books to the series, and as someone who is not a fan of film noir, I wasn't sure I would like the narrative on offer however I have been pleasantly surprised. Each character in the series is well developed and intriguing as is the mystery of the cold case . For me the other main story of the serial killer in the present day, although well developed, lacked the charisma needed to warrant much interest. The main character of Harry Bosch is easy to root for; an honest cop who does his job but struggles when personal events cross with it. As I say I've never read the books or to be fair even heard of the character until the show but I'd definitely recommend the series even for newcomers to the Harry Bosch universe.

Also one of my favourite analogies I've heard in a long time was perfectly put to use in the series about how everyone has two dogs inside of us, one good, one bad and it is up to us which one we feed....very thought provoking

5.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing series that does justice to one of crime fiction's greatest characters, 15 Feb. 2015
A home run of a screen adaptation. Harry Bosch is one of the most iconic character in modern-day crime writing, but his dogged and internal nature doesn't easily translate to the screen. Lead actor Titus Welliver does a fantastic job bringing Bosch to life, and this is one of many strengths of a fine first season. Beautiful cinematography that helps the city of LA feel like a character itself, clever plotting that intertwines three Michael Connelly novels into one cohesive storyline, and great acting by a fine cast. Unlike many modern-day crime shows, Bosch harkens back to another era with its languid pacing, embracing silences and subtext to tell a story, rather than quick cuts and forced action. it's a delicious swirl of crime and police politics, relationships and personal questioning that is layered and raises issues beyond catching a killer. It is an absorbing, terrific series that only disappoints in one way - you're left at the end of 10 episodes wanting more. Bring on Season 2!

Tis The Season