5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, a perfect rendition of Connelly's work.
Published 6 months ago by Ben Daniels

3.0 out of 5 stars Shows Promise
Good lead casting. This pilot shows promise but is in danger of becoming lost among some stand out cop dramas out there at the minute. Would watch a series to see where it goes.
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, a perfect rendition of Connelly's work., 26 Feb 2014
I have to admit to never having spent too much time working out what Harry Bosch would look like in real life, but Titus Welliver is perfect for Harry. So far I can see high production values, good visual direction, acting up to and beyond the levels you expect for this kind of cop drama. To a previous reviewer commenting on clichéd cop dramas, clichés don't necessarily mean it's bad :)

I do hope the voting ends up in favour of a full blown season of Bosch, I've been a fan of the books for years, and given some of the more hum-drum cop dramas out there, we do need something distinctive, and I think Welliver's delivery gives a nice strong lead for the series. I'll be very disappointed if we don't get more of this. Top marks Amazon Studios... gimme!

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong pilot that feels like a satisfying adaptation of the book, 7 Mar 2014
I really hope they keep this show on, a very good adaptation of the character and the book, no suprise given Connellys involvement but with so much depth to Harry Bosch and so many stories to plunder this has the potential to be a very enjoyable series.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 26 Feb 2014
Wadster "Sparkygator" (Bletchley, Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch - Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
I hope this is taken forward as a series as I loved this initial pilot episode. Great lead actor and storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pilot looks promising, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bosch - Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
hope amazon pick this up, the pilot was good, and finishes with you waiting to see what happens.

great acting all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars More please, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bosch - Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
I am always wary of adaptions of books that I love as they frequently disappoint. Not the case here. I was really enjoying it and felt it finished too soon. I would be keen to see more episodes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, just like the books, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bosch - Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Really good pilot, understated, atmospheric and engrossing The acting and production are top class, I hope this pilot becomes a series as opposed to 'The After',

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start, want to see more, 5 Mar 2014
Very good first episode, good casting(lead is very convincing especially), good storyline and good potential. Please make more episodes as I will watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly performed and produced!, 27 Feb 2014
Brilliant! It had my attention from beginning to end. It's definitely one of my favourites and it needs to continue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality drama, 27 Feb 2014
I really enjoyed The pilot episode, and hope they produce a full series.
A a fan of the books, there is so much depth to the character, which is well suited to the screen, and having LA as the setting provides a fantastic canvas for hero to ply his trade.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, 27 May 2014
I have been really worried about putting Bosch on screen. I am up to 'Nine Dragons' in a re-reading of the whole cannon - I believe Michael Connelly to be still under-rated and too often grouped with his contemporaries. Unjust, he is classic - visual sense remarkable, often very moving, underpinned with a philosophy which is bleak but finally optimistic. Harry is always somehow hopeful and it is all so timeless.
I think this is a promising pilot. Welliver has the potential to be brilliant casting - for me he is too available in the personal exchanges (but this is only a pilot and everyone is a little bit too eager) but this will ease with confidence. Almost everyone else is pretty damn good too and, for me, had the right images and slightly period delivery (please emphasise enunctiation to all concerned). I hope the blending of two books does not presage a continual shortening of available material, but this works very well. Only Bosch's house disappointed - internally fine (music brilliant but not credited to individual musicians, please correct), but the exterior surely must have a deck at the rear with view, rather than what seemed to be a smart and accessible front porch and deck.
However please let it run and run.

Pilot