on 5 May 2014
Being a big Bronte fan I was curious about this book and I already knew Trisha is a great writer as I read 'Twelve Days of Christmas' sometime back.

The book is about a writer, Eleri who attends an auction and acquires a leather bound book called 'The Memoirs of Hephzibah Burd-Jonas'. Once she starts reading it she makes a remarkable discovery about Charlotte Bronte and her real life Mr Rochester which most probably inspired her to write 'Jane Eyre'. As a result Eleri is herself inspired to write a book called 'Finding Mr Rochester' and makes several visits to the spot that Charlotte Bronte's so called Mr Rochester once resided as part of her research. What does she find when she gets there? :) Read this book to find out.

As for our modern day Mr Rochester, imagine a handsome, dark and broody Yorkshire man in the kitchen baking scones :) what more could a lady want? I wondered Trisha if we could have another spin off novella with George, another character in this book being a modern day Heathcliff? There were hints of it in his character.

I found the book quite humorous, entertaining, romantic and deeply absorbing. A wonderful book, would love to see more modern day stories featuring Bronte characters on the Moors.
on 21 April 2014
Yet another Gem from one of my most favourite authors. Trisha Ashley writes in such a way that I can perfectly picture every scene and character in the book. I love the strong and interesting characters which always interest me, even the supporting cast have quirky personalities that I adore!
I would love to see more from the Characters in this book and as Trisha often weaves her locations and Characters into other books I feel it may be a possibility..we'll see. But for now,this is a wonderful story to devour in one sitting!
on 19 April 2014
Review: This was a gorgeous little novella which I actually read with my mum because she is also a Trisha Ashley Fan! This novella leads nicely into the authors new book Every woman for herself and yet has depth itself to work as a complete standalone novella. This would also serve well as an introduction to Ashley's writing because this has the style with is indicative of her other novels and has the same feeling and setting that readers come to expect from a Trisha Ashley book!

The characters in this novella were strong and well-developed. Main character Elori was sensible and stronger than I expected her to be. She was also hard working, something which I definitely value in a protagonist because it is something that I can identify with. She is definitely one of those characters who gets knocked down but gets straight back up again. The male lead in this novella is actually a typical Mr Rochester, I read him out loud with a very broad Yorkshire accent, and yet we really do learn to love him over a matter of simply a few pages! There are a whole host of supporting characters who are very very funny too and add to the light-hearted nature that is indicative with a novella of this length!

The setting is, of course, beautiful being in Bronte country and the hills and fields are well described enough that you can picture yourself there. The storyline is also incredible well-written because you really get into it over the short number of pages and are really routing do the characters! Of course, being a Trisha Ashley novel, there are plenty of twists and turns on the way to a happy ending, but the ending is really the result you are hoping for and yet leaves you wanting more.

This is the perfect download for an afternoon in the sunshine read!
on 2 September 2014
Eleri has bought a mixed box at an auction and one of the surprises she finds inside is a book filled with memoirs. They aren't very interesting, but there is one fantastic thing on the last page. It even makes her to book a holiday in a cottage on a remote farm in Yorkshire straight away. There isn't much to do there, but as Eleri is a writer, she loves the silence and being closed off from the rest of the world for a little while. It's giving her inspiration for her novel. So much that she decides to come back in the spring. She finds the whole farm transformed then and that brings some very nice and welcome surprises.

I'm a big fan of Trisha Ashley and Finding Mr. Rochester is a sweet story. It isn't very long, but it still has all of the author's usual charm and I loved it. Eleri is a sympathetic main character and I liked the literary background of the information she was chasing. There's also an intriguing, handsome man, who makes the story complete. Sometimes it's great to read a short, happy story just before bedtime, when you have an hour to sit down with a cup of tea to relax or when you need cheering up and this novella is perfect for those occasions.
on 4 April 2014
This 60 page book is composed of a short story, some recipes and preview chapters of Ashley's next book; thus, only about 25 pages are the actual story, rendering it much shorter than you initially think.

I already own the preview chapters of Every Woman for Herself - they came with the ebook version of "Wish Upon a Star," which I'd previously bought and paid for - and have the book on pre-order. I saw that the product description clearly included preview chapters - I just didn't expect them to be half the content of a £0.99 book, so that I'm paying another 50p to read a piece of book that I've already paid for twice. I wasn't pleased with the experience, the content didn't meet my expectations and so I felt quite soured on the whole thing - I ended up returning it. My feelings of frustration and annoyance made me want to get rid of this product.

While the writing was reasonable, the cutesy countryside slow-burn romances that Ashley writes so well don't transfer satisfyingly to the format of (effectively) a short piece of fanfiction. I like Ashley's side characters/plots/situations a whole lot more than the Man and Woman smooching, so I was a bit disappointed that this was just a Smooch.

However, if you buy the book knowing that you're paying 99p for a very short story, you will probably be very happy with this! If someone else had posted this review, I would probably still have bought the book and would have enjoyed it more than I did. 99p is cheaper than a cup of coffee to cheer you up, after all.
on 20 April 2014
Another winner from Trisha just wished it had been longer! Love her books so much she is a brilliant storyteller Can't wait for her next full length novel!
on 21 April 2014
Enjoyed this as much as all Trisha's books. Always a good read. A short book but very enjoyable.Buy it today.
on 21 April 2014
Lovely book - easy to read story full of fun and experience - would strongly recommend as a summer read
on 4 April 2014
Lovely cosy read .A delightful short story with a real sense of the area around Haworth. I really enjoyed the past linking with the present characters .i thought it was great fun and something that all fans of Trisha Ashley will enjoy.
on 3 April 2014
Swept away to the moors, in a beautifully written short story. Which had me hooked from the first page.
Great, believable characters and now all I want to do is make cheese scones and eat them in a tea room on the moors.