on 6 April 2015
Am really impressed with this little camera. It fits into its niche superbly. Along side this, I have a 12MP Lumix FT4 which is great for underwater stuff, but suffers quite a lot in all other situations, an old Nikon D70s which is superb, but too big and heavy for convenience, and the camera on my smartphone. For our Spring holidays, I wanted something better than the Lumix but a lot lighter / smaller than the Nikon. This seemed to fit the bill.

The pictures look really good. Much clearer than the Lumix, and nearly as good as the Nikon unless you zoom in. At high (digital) zoom, the Nikon is much sharper - it should be with only 6MP and decent lenses, but overall quality and print quality is around the same.

Performance wise the camera does everything you expect / need and has enough manual controls to suit most people. The wifi stuff is nice, not sure I will use it much though - pop the SD card & off you go is still faster.

Specific niggles: can be slow to focus in poor light, but to be expected in this form factor / price. MPs are way too high - would prefer 12 or even 6 MPs and really sharp, to 21MP and pretty blured, but this is the direction industry is obsessed with.

Would definitely recommend.
on 26 March 2016
First of all a thank you to Amazon. I have had two Panasonic TZ they both developed the same fault dust on the back of the lens. Panasonic will not help if this happens their advice to me was get it fixed at your own expense It is a common fault, look on the web, dust getting in through the bellows. If you look at the attached picture you will see a blotch in the top left hand corner. However brilliant Amazon gave me a refund. The DSC-HX60V is a very sophisticated piece of kit which has three major assets. The low-light capability is exceptional, it has a flash shoe, it has downloadable apps, many free, that expand its capabilities. One of these apps SMOOTH is fantastic. The inbuilt effects are also better than the TZ range. The Hx60V has better manual controls and panorama capabilities. To give a balanced review the HX60V is a little larger ( but easier to hold) and it does not have RAW. This is only a factor if it is your only camera or regularly shoot RAW. However the HX60V has more mega pixels.It is a first class piece of kit.
review image
on 31 August 2014
Our first new camara in 12years! And what a difference in picture quality to what we have been used too. This beautiful little Sony camera produces very sharp, clear, colourful photos. A very impressive camera. Easy to use too; very user friendly.
We have not had time yet to appreciate the full potential of the camera, but what we have seen so far I would recommend it as a good buy.
on 12 July 2014
This is an excellent camera and the zoom is amazing. It's great for the point and press brigade like me but it's also got lots of manual adjustment for those wanting to play. I'd recommend
on 7 March 2016
Wife and I both own one of these sony cameras now, brilliant and very user friendly.
on 9 September 2014
This is an amazing little camera. It is so easy to use: point and click! The camera focuses and takes out all the wobbles and it has lots of extra functions you wouldn't necessarily expect in such a little camera. The picture quality is sharp. I am really happy with this item.
on 27 May 2016
Absolutely fabulous, best camera I have ever bought and would certainly buy another one if required the pictures are brilliant. I have five cameras and this takes the very best photos by far.
on 30 December 2014
Fine camera with many options
on 21 August 2014