5.0 out of 5 stars So Much More Than An Espadrille...
Published 3 months ago by John Cooper

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
Wanted a couple of espadrilles for the summer round the house and tried these, within four weeks both pairs had fallen apart, with just casual use around the home, waste of money
Published 1 month ago by Lendrak

5.0 out of 5 stars So Much More Than An Espadrille..., 4 April 2014
John Cooper "nuovofalconista" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
From the moment I opened the box I knew that these Espadrilles were the key to a world I never even knew existed. Simply but beautifully made, with a reassuring and apparently genuine Dunlop logo tag, their feather-light weight imparted an ease and elegance to my step as I sashayed straight from my Council house kitchen into the warm sun beating down from a clear blue sky onto the harbourside at Cannes. My muscular, tanned legs sprang effortlessly up the teak gang-plank of the yacht, the pure white of my Bermuda shorts stretched tight over my bulging thighs matched perfectly the pure white cotton handrail that ran through the polished brass eyes, that had been fitted just yesterday by Jackson, my Skipper, who saluted me and let loose a low whistle - 'Splendid Espadrilles, Sir!' 'Thank you Jackson. Jackson, make ready for the champagne reception this evening for the Ambassador, and an early departure tomorrow for Antigua' I replied, forgiving him for his somewhat over-familiar, but entirely and understandably enthusiastic appreciation of my new footwear. Tamarina, my Italian g/f, immediately noticed how the stylish charcoal grey of the Espadrilles complimented the charcoal grey of the Antique Bolivian granite with which the open deck area measuring 35 metres by 20 metres, and incorporating a full-size tennis court, was paved. Maria Lemoana, the Spanish g/f, lifted her smoky eyes fractionally, which clearly conveyed her unequivocal approval as well. The three Nordic girls just giggled and flashed their white teeth which again left me in no doubt as to the success of the Espadrilles. Mchumba, my Nigerian g/f, was asleep on the divan but I took her snoring as ostensibly, but not necessarily, unconscious signals, even if rather porcine, of complete accordance with the others in their assessment of the 'drilles.

And all this for a tenner. Incredible. What are you waiting for?

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 12 Jun 2014
Lendrak (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart in about 2 months, 2 Aug 2014
Mr. A. Coyle "Lord Midas" (Sunny Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
Yep. I wore them to work to keep my feet cool during the summer months (spend most of my day at a desk), yet within days the beige sole edging started to come away from the shoe. Within about 2 months my foot was hanging out the side. They just fell apart. Rather poor quality. really. Yes, they were a tenner, but when I wanted my feet to be cool I wasn't expecting the sides to open up like they did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Summertime and the weather is high, 14 July 2014
Kebabs (Romsey, Hants.) - See all my reviews
Cool looking...superb for beach, pool or bbq.
Comfortable unlike other similar products bought previously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and confortable, 9 July 2014
Good product , very light and quality , Summer ready

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go there!!, 6 July 2014
Quite snug fitting, but very poor quality (disappointing for expected qulaity from Dunlop branding) - fell apart at elastic seams after 5 minutes!! Returned and prompt refund - sourced alternative brand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a wide fit, 4 July 2014
The shoes are decent enough but seem a little large so I would suggest getting a size below your usual fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars They look great, but don't last!!, 4 July 2014
L. Smith "Music Junky" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dunlop DMC276 Canvas Mens Slip On Espadrilles (Apparel)
Let's face it, they are cheap as chips. As such, don't expect them to last. Mine lasted about 4 weekends before falling apart!

(Not gonna stop me buying more though, as they look great and are very comfy).

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 different sizes, 4 July 2014
One pair absolutely size 6, spot on. Other pair very large, more 7/8. Must be made in different factories to difeerent lasts. Have passed on large pair to someone else- can't be bothered to return. Not good for 2 pairs 'same' size from same company, especially one with such a good reputation!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair and cheap, 22 Jun 2014
It looks lovely but is stiff, cutting at the back of the foot and yet, a little to wide and long. Strange but true. Will try to wash it to see if it becomes softer.