5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected
Published 5 months ago by NIgel Docherty

3.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend case but not a quality control...
I would give that products 4,5 stars. It's very very nice case, feels great in a hand and rigid. My charger fits ok with this cases no problem...

Published 1 month ago by lucas smolen

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected, 5 April 2014
Had this case delivered today. Had swithered between this, the barely there and the case mate tough. This was much cheaper with keep in case so thought I would give it a try. My one worry is that it would be a hard plastic that would likely shatter or snap when putting it on our taking it off. I can only say that I am really impressed. It is completely clear and has a rubbery feel to it, great grip and protection round the sides so no chance of phone slipping out of your hand. Also got the spigen oleophobic screen protector from keep in case, two covers for Ŗ10.99 and it went on really. It is crystal clear with no bubbles. I feel that the phone is now well protected without losing any of its great looks. Great product from spigen and great service from keep in case. Thank you

Small addition to this review. I took a few pictures last night and found that there was a glare or haze at the top of every picture that was not there if I took the same picture without the case. I did a quick google search for glare on picture from flash with case and found quite a few postings that suggested several different cases could cause this. I could see the flash lighting up the whole case when it went off so could understand it possibly affecting the picture. I simply took a black felt pen and coloured in the edge of the cut out for the flash and the lens opening and the problem disappeared. The coloured in part does not show up on the case so does not detract in any way from the case.
The case felt and looked great on night out so I would still have no hesitation in recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended case- excellent quality and protection for a fair price, 20 Aug 2014
I was given a HTC Dot matrix case as part of a deal with my phone and I found it particularly annoying to hold for any long duration due to the cover always wanting to be in closed position, so I decided to get a case which does not have a front cover yet would provide good all round protection. I have to say I am extremely pleased with this Spigen case as it has already saved my phone from certain damage.

Firstly I have to say despite the 'Slim Armor' name its not really that slim, it does make the phone bigger in all dimensions but this is a fair price to pay for the level of protection you are getting. The case itself is extremely well packaged and you can see the build quality immediately. The fit is very snug without being too difficult to put the phone in or remove it again and despite it being metal effect finish it is not slippery to hold.

The best way to test a protective product is to put it to its intended use and through some carelessness on my part I managed to do this as dropped my phone when I was getting out of my car and despite hitting the concrete fairly hard the phone or case are not damaged at all.

The cut outs for the camera lenses, flash, usb port and headphone socket are accurate and allow easy access when needed. It actually makes finding the charging port easier in the dark

If you are looking for a case that provided very good protection, looks good and aren't too bothered that it will take up a little more space in your pocket. this really is a great case and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: SpigenŽ [AIR CUSHION] HTC One M8 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Satin Silver] Air Cushioned Dual Layer Protective Case for HTC One (M8) / The All New HTC One (2014) - Satin Silver (SGP10816) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Well I’ve changed my mind. Initially I disregarded this case because of the loss of the IR blaster feature. When I thought about it, I use that feature maybe once a month when the wife leaves the remote out of reach and I’m too lazy to move and get it. I can always just take the case off if I find myself missing the feature.

I was going to go with Otterbox, which I have done for my last three phones, but recent reviews highlight a drop in build quality that I didn’t want to risk.

It wasn’t until I saw a YouTube video of this case that I decided to give it a try. I would like it if case manufacturers stopped this trend of using computer renders for the case images, and went back to actual photos. This case looks much nicer in reality compared to those mock-ups. I went for the silver version of the Slim Armour to compliment my silver variant of the M8.

As others have said, the Silver case complements the silver phone perfectly. It is almost as though this is the phone's actual design. It has a very high standard of finish, and is much easier to fit than an Otterbox 2 part case. The corners are not as soft as an Otterbox, so not sure if it will protect as well from a corner drop, but I'm unwilling to test that so I can't deduct any stars!

All cut-outs line up perfectly and the edges do not interfere with my screen protector. My volume and power buttons are now easier to press too which is a welcome surprise. My gel case played havoc with volume buttons, frequently activating both if I pressed one.

All-in-all, nearly perfect. I would love it if Spigen went the full premium and made an actual aluminium backplate as an optional extra instead of the plastic one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried and tested, 21 July 2014
I have to give this 5 stars because its been tested and not even two weeks old.
While out on an adventure my friend took a tumble with... yes.... my phone in her hands.
No scratches or dents on the case at all, which surprised me because this wasn't your flat tarmac it landed on, it was rocks and stones. The only evidence it had been dropped was the dent in the screen protector, thankfully not the screen (by the way this was not the screen protector it came with).
Phone is ok and the friend too, yes she is still a friend :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection, 14 May 2014
Eoin MacKey "Eoin" (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This case offers an excellent standard of protection and feels like a quality product.

The only negatives are that it ads a big of bulk and a significant amount of weight to the phone so if you are bothered by this it wont be for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend case but not a quality control..., 4 Aug 2014

The only problem I've got is that I've received item with a scar and couple of scar dots on a transparent piece of the case. It may be a big deal or not. For me it is actually but I don't bother returning this case again and again. I'm quite happy how it is I can live with that but actually it annoyed me first time when I took case out of the box. That's why 3 stars. Please spigen make sure that when you sending clear case it's actually clear without any scars and defects.
Screen protector it's usual screen protector nothing fancy it takes fingerprints like mad so I took it after 5 minutes.

Worth the price anyway. Would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just received my case and very happy with the quality, 31 Aug 2014
Just received my case and very happy with the quality, overall very pleased fast delivery and would recommend to any one looking for a really premium phone case as it offers 10/10 protection

2.0 out of 5 stars Offers great protection but, 13 Aug 2014
Offers great protection but... It does make the phone feel heavy, bigger to hold on the hand. If you go for the silver finish it WILL wear on the edges. Decided to go back to a TPU Case

2.0 out of 5 stars Coloured rim degrades quickly..., 31 Aug 2014
P. Bose "Nestacres" (Romford, UK) - See all my reviews
The case arrived quickly and fits perfectly however after two weeks the mint plastic around the outside began to discolor turning brown. Contacted spigen who said that type of color plastic would discolour over time but I don't think two weeks is acceptable for that kind of thing to occur. Wouldn't replace either as they said it wasn't a fault with the product. I assume a darker rim would be ok, but unfortunately this one has changed dramatically.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, well designed, but disables the M8's IR blaster/emitter, 16 April 2014
Case arrived today. I'd got a Case-Mate Tough Naked, but found it too slippery and smooth. This case is smooth but easier to grip, and looks/feels terrific. It's a snug fit and provides good protection, and the silver back matches my silver phone colour nicely.

The most significant design flaw is that the IR emitter (which is in the M8 power button and allows you to control your TV, PVR, etc) is completely blocked by the case's power button - rendering it useless. I don't think this is a huge issue for me as I probably won't use the M8's IR blaster that much, but it seems a massive flaw in the design. If it had been clear, I'd have given the case 5 starts.

What's most annoying is that before ordering, I explicitly contacted Spigen and asked whether the case would prevent the IR emitter from being used. The response was "I can confirm that Slim Armor case for HTC One M8 is compatible with IR blaster function" - which is completely wrong.