Published 2 months ago by Bruce Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 6 months ago by Murdo

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Silk - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
The first two series of Silk were very good. Although requiring some suspension of disbelief, the storylines were good, characterisations believable and the acting excellent. Series 3 was a big let down. Although a couple of episodes were better than the rest, the increasingly hysterical tone (coupled with an odd lack of atmosphere, particularly early on in the series) rendered the last couple of episodes almost unbelievably bad. The final part was completely confused, and confusing, and there was no clear resolution to several story lines. I appreciate that film makers sometimes feel the need to tell their stories in an individual and opaque manner, but on this occasion the story telling was really poor. What clashed particularly was the way in which the central characters changed dramatically, so as to become almost unrecognisable. The final episode was a complete betrayal of Phil Davis' character, and a waste of a very fine actor. I'm glad I watched it, in general, as I still like the show, but this was a very poor ending to a very enjoyable show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great continuation of the Characters of the Law firm from Series I and II., 25 Aug 2014
Bruce Miller "hyper2u" (Louisville, Kentucky and San Diego, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silk - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Great continuation of the Characters of the Law firm from Series I and II. This series was a bit more intense than previous series and didn't contain as much humor as the earlier series. Nevertheless, it was well done, even though everything took on a much more serious aspect. Billy, the Office Manager has received bad news regarding his health and has made great efforts to keep the firm together. As in previous series, I found that the firm revolves around Billy and his excellent handling of situations where the lawyers are out of their elements. I hope that the next series will contain a bit more humor and focus more on the characters than the circumstances of the law.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea what happened here, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Silk - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the first two series of Silk -- all the central characters are unique, with flaws and virtues -- no Mary Sue Sparklebutts (of either gender) here. The third series was a bit less satisfying, and though I would still strongly recommend it, the final resolution puzzles me, because it ... wasn't. I understand this is the final series for Silk, which made it doubly puzzling. I honestly have no idea what (or rather which possibility) the writer was trying to convey. I'd have to go into spoilers to discuss it further, so I won't, but ... geez. Martha & crew deserved better.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Found this Silk - Series 3 (DVD) very good, even better than the previous ones, 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: Silk - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I Found this Silk - Series 3 (DVD) very good, even better than the previous ones. It was interesting, exciting and held my attention all the time. Most of the acting was very good and I liked the human factor with characters becoming ill, it seemed lifelike. I would pass on my DVD to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most educational, entertaining and leaves one wishing for more, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Silk - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
This was a fabulous series. The screen writers did a tremendous job and the actors are all top flight. This series is very educational and is rather spot on in covering legal procedures and complex issues that can crop up during proceedings. I just wish there was a Series four. Silk was most likely the best series of a legal nature I have ever viewed. Terrific!

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting tale about people I felt I knew. Am ..., 13 July 2014
H. Davis (New England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silk - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Riveting tale about people I felt I knew. Am so sorry the writers couldn't figure out how to carry on. Martha could still come back after a rest, join a new chambers and take on that feckless Clive.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 12 July 2014
Interesting program....good performances

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Really good show. Gripping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Silk - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this programme it is fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Excellent.

Silk - Series 3 [DVD]
Silk - Series 3 [DVD] by Cilla Ware (DVD - 2014)