Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£11.02

I’m actually writing this review after staying up until 3am in order to finish the book. Bear in mind I only started yesterday and you’ll quickly realise that this is one of those books you need to read in one sitting. Be warned. Today I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck of emotion, I will attempt to be coherent but don’t count on it.

Maybe Someday is a tricky book for me because it tackles one of the issues I have very strong feelings about CHEATING. Normally that would mean I wouldn’t touch the book with a ten foot barge pole but hey it’s Colleen Hoover and I’ve loved everything she’s written so far (apart from that incident in Losing Hope – yeah you know what I’m talking about don’t you Holder) so I tore my way through it. When I say I speed my way through it, this was accompanied by some very ugly crying on multiple occasions, as well as a lot of curse words floating about. It brought out some really strong feelings in me and most surprisingly for me, it made me feel empathy for the characters. I KNOW WTH right? Maybe Someday is raw, it’s real and most definitely relatable. However, I did want to throttle the main characters on more than one occasion.

Sydney gets cheated on by her boyfriend of 2 years with her best friend, to make matters worse it’s on her birthday. She’s begun a friendship with Ridge, who lives opposite based on their combined musical talent and connection on that level. As she lives with her former best friend she finds herself homeless, saving the day Ridge offers her a room in his apartment. They can be friends right? Even though the air practically sizzles when they’re together and their connection and easy relationship is just one of those things, right? Because Ridge has a girlfriend who he would never leave, for more reasons than one.

Sydney is a wonderful, caring character. She is very selfless putting the needs of others before herself while still having an air of fun about her. Really, Sydney is the whole package, I connected with her. Every ounce of pain and hurt she went through I was right there with her. As an outside observer I just wanted then to say to hell with it and give into their feelings (I’ve already told you my feelings on cheating so this is obviously not my normal response). However, Ridge and Sydney are obviously far more mature than I am and were able to avoid taking things further.

I have a confession, no matter how lovely Maggie was and how much sympathy I felt for her, most of the time I was reading I was literally wishing her dead. A couple of times I wanted to push her off a cliff. Problem solved. For me, I don’t think you can love 2 people at the same time, that’s having your cake and eating it, the cracks in the relationship were obvious. I literally wanted to throttle Ridge for the pain, insecurity and hurt he put Sydney (and me) through. I will say, I did come to admire Maggie, she expressed herself with so much dignity and clarity you had to respect her for it.

The peripheral characters were a wonderful addition to the story and balanced the plot wonderfully. The music what can I say, original lyrics that express the feelings you have locked inside you – utter melty swoonalicious goodness. Even better its real music, so you can acheive a complete sensory experience while reading. Personally I was imagining rock ballads but that’s because it’s the music I like best. The way music is felt in this book has never made it more sensual.

Maybe Someday may not have been what I expected but it is an emotion filled, sensory overload piece of goodness. Prepare yourself for some very ugly crying and a lot of swearing – best read when the kids are in bed and you have a new box of tissues :)

Update: I was just making tea in the kitchen thinking about the characters in the book when I actually considered loyalty to be a flaw – WTH?? *kill me, kill me now* This book has seriously messed with my head and my emotions. I can’t even believe I was thinking that. Plus I totally cried when I saw the trailer for the first time today *sigh*
on 12 August 2014
This book came as a recommendation to me from my lovely twitter friend Kelli. I was raving about Ugly Love having read an advanced copy to be part of the blog tour and raving about Colleen Hoover in general when Kelli recommended this to me. I am a fan of Colleen Hoover anyway after reading Hopeless, Slammed and her latest novel Ugly Love, so this story just completely reaffirmed my love of her writing.

Maybe Someday is about main character Sydney who after finding out her boyfriend is cheating on her, with her best friend and roommate no less, she temporarily moves in with handsome musician Ridge.

I have so much love for this book! I want to just go on and on and on about every single thing that I loved but I think my review would end up miles long here! Let’s take the characters to start. This beautiful book is dual POV (which I loved btw) so you really get to know both sides of the story from the two main characters Ridge and Sydney. Having this dual POV realy plays a big part in the story, which I won’t elaborate on for fear of spoiling it, but it felt almost necessary to have Ridge’s side of the story in this one in particular.

Sydney’s character was easy to get to know and like in the beginning of the story. It was also easy to have an instant empathy towards her after she finds out her boyfriend and roommate have been together behind her back. Seeing Ridge through her eyes in the beginning, from a distance, also sets you up for meeting him. Gorgeous and a musician Ridge appears to be the epitome of book boyfriend-ness with one exception - his girlfriend Maggie.

There are some big issues in this story, and one that is always either present or at the back of your mind throughout is cheating. I definitely don’t condone cheating under any circumstance however reading this story just magnifies how easy it is to be innocently seduced by a common bond and how that connection can grow into something more meaningful and complicated. One thing that sets this story line apart was the shear honesty from both Ridge and Sydney and their very admirable attempts to keep their emotions at bay.
Ridge and Sydney share an insanely intense musical connection which is so emotionally deep I could actually feel like it was pulling me towards them with a palpable magnetism. I love reading about their time spent together writing songs and making music and how singular their particular experience was. There is one huge element to this part of the story that intensifies it more than just a regular relationship but I won’t give it away, just keep your eyes peeled for it and prepare to be astounded.

There are a cast of secondary characters who we see through both Ridge and Sydney’s eyes which add to the overall story. Maggie, Ridge’s girlfriend, is perhaps the most significant as she has her own complex life, lending another element of sadness to the story. Throughout the story I started to resent her because I preferred the relationship that I could envision with Ridge and Sydney, but at the same time I admired Ridge more and more for his kindness and loyalty towards Maggie, particularly as the story started to unfold and you learned more about her circumstances.

I cannot tell you how much I loved this book in any other words that to simply say I adored it. I loved the characters, writing style and story development throughout. I read it in one sitting and dare you not to do the same. Wow, just wow.
on 19 March 2014
I usually try to give an idea of the storyline when I review a book and pretty much manage to do this without putting any spoilers in. This review is going to be short. Read this book. It will hold your attention from line one. It will make you swoon, gasp, cry, laugh out loud, ignore your family and firmly embed itself in your head and heart. I'm going to another website to discuss with others who have read it already so I cannot spoil it for anyone.You should go in blind to this story to fully appreciate the twists in it. The soundtrack gave me goosebumps. Mr Peterson is awesome. Just to say , EPILOGUE, my copy didn't have one but the review on TotallyBookedBlog by Jenny and Gitte takes you to a link which does give you an epilogue which made me feel complete and finished the novel beautifully.
I'll be honest with you, though I wanted to read Maybe, Someday because I'm a fan of the Hopless series by Colleen Hoover, I only picked it up when I did because I was looking for something different to read. I had just finished a dystopian book that blew me away and in a bid to stop myself getting in slump I decided it would be best for me to pick something up completely different. Never, not once, did I expect to fall in love with this book as much as I did.

At first glance Maybe, Someday looks like just your typical New Adult book about a love triangle. Sydney finds out one day that her boyfriend of two years had been cheating on her with non other than her best friend and roommate. In one day not only does she find herself homeless, without two of the most important people in her life, but to make matter worse it was her 22nd birthday. So what does she do? she goes and live's with Ridge, a musician she's been friends with for 2 weeks. This is where you may think "god Stacie, how could this book be any different than the rest? I bet she ends up with Ridge and it'll be the same story I've read countless times" well if you keep reading I'll tell you.

Sydney and Ridge connect over music. She helps him with his writers block, helps him to come up with some really good material for his band in exchange for rent free accommodation. Song writing is hard, it involves a lot of late nights, frustration and hours spent together. They begin to develop feelings for each other, and though the would normally be a good thing and everything would go swimmingly, Sydney isn't aware about Ridge's girlfriend of 5 years, obviously instantly adding drama to the mix. But not the bad kind, I promise.

Unlike in other books, they fight their feelings. It's so sad and heartbreaking to see them go through it but Sydney will never make anyone else feel the pain she went though. they still spend time together, they still write music, and they are so brutally honest with each other about how hard it is but they are falling deeper each day.

The characters in this book are some of my favourite in Young Adult/New Adult contemporary books for a long time. Though I wasn't a massive fan of Sydney at all, I found her to be annoying at times, repetitive and sometimes too woe is me, I did love how understanding she was and how genuine. Ridge? well I feel for him instantly, I can't help myself. I really tried to stop myself because I knew it was just a standalone but I was goner. Ridge is very different to other's you find in the genre and I'm not going to tell you why because it was a pleasant surprise to me but it just makes the connection that he has with Syden that much more intense. As far as the sub characters go I loved Warren, I thought he was hilarious and I loved how fiercely loyal and defensive he was of Ridge. Bridgett annoyed me, but I liked how she was just insecure like all of us, it really made her relatable.

All in all I really liked this book, I'm so glad I read it and though I didn't know there is a soundtrack to go with this book I shall no be sitting listening to it non stop while dreaming of a certain boy with a guitar ;)
on 18 March 2014
When I start a new book by Colleen Hoover, I get kind of nervous. I'm excited, no doubt. But I think the overriding feeling is nerves. She's one of the very few authors that I will buy and read absolutely anything she releases, as soon as it goes live. But when I finally hold it in my hands, I think...

what if I don't like it?

What if this is the book that knocks her off the pedestal I've placed her on?

MAYBE SOMEDAY is definitely not that book.

There is so much that makes Colleen Hoover's latest novel so brilliantly unique. Take Ridge; musician, songwriter, and all round good guy. Seen it all before right? Wrong. So wrong. Colleen has paved the way for a whole new type of book boyfriend with Ridge. One I never even considered that I could love, but do so with every piece of my heart.

She also tackles a subject that many are hesitant to approach, and she shows us two completely different sides to it. Sides that create a war between your head and your heart, but she shows us that we can't help who we love, no matter how hard we might fight it.

"Desire is easy to fight. Especially when the only weapon desire posses is attraction. It's not so easy when you're trying to win a war against the heart."

And then of course we have the sound track...

I'm not usually one to listen to music as I read. I like peace and quiet to get completely lost in a book, but I've been following Griffin Peterson for a while now. His voice is so beautiful it just sends chills through me, so I knew that I would make an exception when it came to MAYBE SOMEDAY.

The first time I read the book, I did so without the music. Just being able to read the lyrics inside the book added so much to the story, but when I reread and actually listened to the songs as they appeared in the book, it took it to a whole new level.

Maybe Someday is more than just a story. It's more than just a book. It's an experience.

This is really a book that will play on your senses; The slow build-up of the connection between Sydney and Ridge is so intense that you can feel it as you read, the imagery created by the author is so perfectly done that you can see it all play out like a movie, and then there's the musical aspect. You can hear the passion and the struggles that the characters are facing in every lyric and musical note.

Breathtaking.

Inspiring.

Unforgettable.

Emotional.

Intense.

Those are just a few words that come to mind when I think of MAYBE SOMEDAY. Heart-wrenching is another. This book is so rich in raw emotions that I found myself in tears on more than one occasion, and in some parts, sobbing would be a more accurate term.

"I will never forget you."

It's just five little words, but once you read the book, you will see just how deeply these words hit, and they will stick with you, just like they are forever etched into my mind.

But your heart can take a well needed rest at various stages throughout the book as Sydney and Ridge compete in pranks with roommate Warren. I laughed just as hard as I cried with this book, and Colleen Hoover never fails to make me fall in love with the best friend. First we had Gavin (SLAMMED), then Daniel (LOSING HOPE), and now Warren. Like the ones before him, he's a simple, but very loyal character, and absolutely impossible not to love.

"I like that dress you wear Syd. The blue one? But please don't wear it again ... I don't like your a** in it, because I think I might love Bridgette, and your dress makes me love your a**."

If there's any hesitation in your mind as to whether you will read this book, then just let it go. Pick up a copy, and immerse yourself in the latest offering of literary perfection from this author.

MAYBE SOMEDAY is an unforgettable journey, and one that can and will be experienced again and again.
on 4 August 2015
I have so much to say about this book that I don't even know where to start. I'm going to keep this review as short as I can and stick to the most important things that caught my attention.

I'll skip telling you what it's about because you can find out about that in the description.

I'm usually not into this kinds of books but I was in the reading slump and I wanted something light to read. I didn't know how I was wrong. I'm not saying this book is very ambitious and difficult to comprehend but it's definitely not an easy read. It's going to left you with a lot of emotions and a lot to think about.

First thing that surprised me was that this book is original. It's not another love story about a boy meeting a girl or about a girl meeting a boy. Its originality comes from of a lot of aspects of the book that I can't really tell you about because I don't want to spoil it for you.

I've found references, or inspirations if you will, to two books and these are:

•Jodi Picoult's "Sing you home" - here I see the resemblance in the characters' love for music and the idea of music in general. By that I mean how can music make you feel, how it connects people and how it can actually HEAL. Also the author took the idea from Jodi Picoult and created her own soundtrack for all the songs the characters wrote in the book.

•William Wharton's "Last Lovers" - for those of you who has read both of these books you probably know where I can see the reference. In Wharton's book the female character is deprived of one of the basic senses, the sense of sight. In "Maybe someday" one of the main character is also deprived of one, but it's not the sense of sight.

I really love that Colleen Hoover created such an original character and therefore a very original story. There's so much to this book than just a simple romance. It teaches you that there are things that you should never take for granted. It teaches you a new way of communicating between two people. It teaches you a new way of feeling, both things that surround you and the things inside you that on a daily basis you don't even notice. It teaches you a new way of experiencing music and life. It also teaches you a lot about love. I'm glad that the author touched the subject of loving more than just one person. I also believe you can love multiple people in your life but the intensity of that feeling is different, especially that time flies and things change, PEOPLE change. Besides it's comforting to think that we can experience this wonderful feeling with more than just one person.

I gave this book 5 stars because I can't give 4.5 which I would have done. It is mostly because of how this book made me feel. And it made me feel very lonely. And it gave me hope that I can love someone and be loved as much as the characters of this book love each other. Who knows if I'll experience that. Maybe someday I will ;)

Okay I'm going to stop here, and just say that if you are considering reading this book, my answer is very simple: READ IT!
on 25 May 2015
I have had a copy of this book for so long now, but for some reason I had been putting off reading it, despite me hearing amazing things about it from book blogging friends. I put it on my to be read list for Spring and because I’m trying to get through the books I do have… I decided it was time to whip Maybe Someday out and finally get around to reading it. I don’t know why I waited for so long. Maybe Someday didn’t take me long to devour. I was immediately swept up in the story. Colleen Hoover creates characters that I really care about.

Maybe Someday follows Sydney who finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her with her best friend. Sydney was having doubts about her relationship, but doesn’t expect to be betrayed by people she cares about. Sydney is in college, and often studies outside on the balcony. She enjoys listening to the guy across the road who plays guitar. Sydney finds herself writing and singing lyrics to the music he creates. He notices though, and asks her for help with his writer’s block. They begin to form a friendship with their bond through music, their friendship becomes much deeper through their exploration of song writing together. However, he is taken. They can’t deny their feelings for each other, but for many reasons don’t want to hurt anyone in the process.

I’m not a fan of reading about cheating in any shape or form, so I’m not sure why this book worked so well for me. Perhaps it’s because I utterly believed in the characters. Part of me just wanted them to be together, but not hurt anyone in the process. I wanted him to break up with his girlfriend despite the problems he had in doing so (I won’t spoil why he feels he can never break up with her!) I’m not a big fan of stories with love triangles in. I often find them uninspired and a little boring, but the way Colleen Hoover approached relationships in Maybe Someday was powerful and emotional. I understood the struggle the characters were going through. However, it was the element of cheating that prevented me from giving this book five stars.

The characters are easy to like. I love that there were a diverse range of characters (and that’s all I’ll say on that). It’s nice to see a good representation of different people.

I’m not a massive fan of the New Adult genre, but Colleen Hoover is one of my favourites in the genre. I find that she doesn’t focus on sex as many authors do with New Adult, but she really focuses on the romance and the rollercoaster of emotions that go with it. It makes her books a pleasure to read. They’re deeper than you’d expect.

This book comes with a soundtrack with all of the songs that the characters write. If you’re into listening to music, then it’s a fantastic supplement to a brilliant story.
on 11 March 2015
4.5 stars.
I've been meaning to read a Colleen Hoover novel for some time, so when I visited my daughter recently and she offered to lend me Maybe Someday I didn't deliberate and say Maybe, no sir, I jumped at the chance. Maybe Someday literally sent shivers up and down my spine. This is my first New Adult novel and I sense it will not be my last. If I could sum up the strengths of Maybe Someday I would say that Colleen has a way of writing that gets the reader immersed into the private thoughts and emotions of the characters. It's almost as if I've been guiltily eavesdropping on a developing love affair. I found myself really seeing this dilemma from two differing points of view, which alternate giving you a male and a female perspective (the novel is written from both Sydney and Ridge's viewpoints.) I was amused to see that Ridge got the last word, but his final sentence was worth it so that's ok!

Sydney finds out that her flatmate boyfriend, Hunter, (very cheater sounding,) is cheating with her best friend Tori, on her birthday of all days. Hunter fits the typical male cheater profile, he's just out for sex rather than love. Poor Sydney, it's not really the birthday surprise she was hoping for.

The hurt of this revelation leads her to staying in a flat with three people that she doesn't know, Ridge, the musician, Warren, the funny prankster, who they like to take pranking tips from, and Bridgette, the bitch. Again, I like this, because it suggests Sydney's hurt is so profound that in her current state of confusion she would go anywhere, even to a strangers flat, to escape the two people who had hurt her so much. Warren and Bridgette are both interesting characters but of the two I would say I preferred Warren. I think more emphasis was placed on Warren's part in the novel rather than Bridgette's and this is as it should be. There is also Brennan, Ridge's younger brother, who is the voice for Ridge's lyrics in their band Sounds of Cedar. Sydney hasn't met Warren and Bridgette before, but she has seen Ridge out on his balcony playing his guitar, and has been drawn to his marvellous guitar playing, and of course to him! Ridge learns that Sydney has a wonderful gift for writing song lyrics, and their relationship develops from this shared interest.

There are so many ironies in this novel.

Ridge struggles with his conscience when he learns of Hunter's infidelity with Tori, eventually he decides to tell her and texts Sydney about Hunter's infidelity, but later he is tempted himself to be unfaithful with Sydney. Sydney is the victim of infidelity and then becomes a possible instigator of infidelity. So we see the whole problem from the viewpoint of both the hurt party, first Sydney, and then Maggie, and the "cheaters," and the point to be made is both parties are hurting. This is where Colleen scores, please forgive the pun, she shows the emotions of the "innocent" and the "guilty" parties and this is such an interesting way to go. These kind of heightened emotions aren't that simple to define, they don't just flow in a straight controlled line, rather they zigzag all over the place causing a sense of deep hurt and chaos.

Will Sydney and Ridge become cheaters? If they do, how will they feel when they cross this forbidden line? Sydney and Ridge are basically caring people who don't want to upset Ridge's lovely girlfriend Maggie by falling in love. Yes, falling in love, this isn't about a sexual attraction without love, no if it had been it would have de-valued the plot. But, and this is a big but, the emotion of love has no off switch, it isn't something that we can turn off easily, once the fire of love is lit it is so hard to extinguish. So there are good intentions, and all in all they do well to keep their desires in check, particularly for a New Adult novel I guess, but a single kiss is enough to set their hearts aflame with longing. In my experience this is true, if you love someone a kiss will tell you all you need to know about that person and Colleen gets this so right, as this quote illustrates: "Kisses like his should come with a warning label. They can't be good for the heart."

I loved that Colleen chose a male character that was different, Ridge is deaf, so this enables the reader to see him communicating his emotions in a way that a hearing person wouldn't normally be able to. I think this is so interesting, particularly as guys tend to hold their emotions in check more than girls. Ridge can't hear so he uses his other senses to experience life in full. To begin with Ridge and Sydney communicate with each other by texting, (a large proportion of the novel is in text speak,) but when texting and computer messaging isn't enough to convey Ridge's emotions he manages to utter a few precious words. When Ridge and Sydney practice songs together he has to lie close to her or lean against her chest to feel the reverberations of her voice. "His head is against my chest, and I can feel his hair brush my neck. He's pretty much sprawled across me in order to reach his guitar with both arms." It's no wonder that a deep connection grows! It takes Ridge a long time to discover that his love for Sydney and Maggie is not the same love, one is born out of a sense of wanting to protect someone, (and Ridge is a caring type of guy,)whereas the other is a less complicated love, which is yet another irony. Finally, Ridge comes to a decision. It takes him a long time to get there and I just wanted to grab him by the scruff of the neck and shake him and say, come on Ridge, what are you waiting for, make a decision, stop procrastinating!

I enjoyed the reveal towards the end of the novel, that was an interesting way for the novel to go. Another point I would like to make about Maybe Someday is the action is contained within a very small area. So if you like books with rich descriptions of places to add depth to a story you probably will find this lacking. It's almost as if the characters are in a bubble, a bubble of emotion, but maybe this is a conscious decision on Colleen Hoover's part. Possibly she wants the reader to focus one hundred percent on the character's feelings, and emotions, slightly to the detriment of a sense of place.

There have been criticisms of this book, some reviewers have been turned off by the cheater theme, but in my opinion books are here to make us question moral dilemmas, and the feelings and emotions of people caught up in such a scenario. I sympathise that this book would most probably be a difficult one to read if you've just suffered a break up, and we've all experienced these at some point in our lives, but let's not pretend cheating doesn't happen, it's best to write about these painful issues, give them voice, and I think to her credit Colleen Hoover does this very well indeed. So read the whole novel, if you read the first half you might be quick to assume that Ridge is a typical guy doing his best to hide the fact that he has a girlfriend so he can get some action! In fact I would say that in Maybe Someday Colleen overthrows the typical stereotype of the cheater and argues that sometimes cheaters can be nice people, (who have some flaws,) caught up in a very difficult situation, which they would much rather never have found themselves in.

Overall rating is so close to five out of five, this one has been so hard to rate but I'd say: 4.5 stars.

Highly recommended for readers of New Adult, YA, Romance, Contemporary, and readers who like to deliberate about the complexities of relationships, this book is most definitely for you. Oh, and for lovers of music, I just found out today there is a soundtrack for Maybe Someday, how awesome is that!

My full review is at: https://kyrosmagica.wordpress.com/2015/03/11/my-kyrosmagica-review-of-maybe-someday-by-colleen-hoover/
on 20 January 2015
How do you adequately sum up a book like Maybe Someday? I don't think there are any words that I could write that will do this book justice. There is something truly special about Colleen's talent, I'm pretty sure it is impossible for her to write a book that I wouldn't like. She is a genius.

Colleen wasn't kidding when she said this book was an experience. I have never read anything like it before. Not only was the story itself unique, but the way in which the story was told was also unique. I loved every single second of it. I admit I was a little wary when I knew that that there was a soundtrack to go with this book. I love music and I love reading but the two don't generally mix. I soon changed my mind when I opened up Maybe Someday. It worked perfectly.

"How can two good people who both have such good intentions end up with feelings, derived from all the goodness, that are so incredibly bad?"

I don't even know how to talk about these characters or the situation that they are in, without giving away a million and one spoilers. Sydney and Ridge could both easily become two of my favourite characters, ever. Their didn't seem to be a bad bone between them. Sydney had just broken up with her boyfriend of two years (thanks to his cheating ways) and has nowhere to turn, when Ridge comes along and offers up a place for her to stay, in his apartment. This was the start of one of the most special and unique friendship/relationships I have ever read about. Path first word that comes to mind when I think of the two of them is.. torturous. I felt like it was pure torture that Sydney and Ridge were in a position that they were developing feelings for each other, but because of other circumstances (that I won't get in to), they just couldn't be together.

"There isn't a doubt in my mind that we could be perfect for each other's life, Sydney. It's our lives that aren't perfect for us."

The music aspect of this book was... beautiful. There's no other way to describe it. I love that there were lyrics throughout the book to better explain what the characters were feeling, and even more so, I loved that I could actually listen to those words through the Maybe Someday soundtrack, sung by Griffin Peterson. I am 100% serious when I say that being able to listen truly enhanced my reading experience. I've never before felt like a book was so *real* to me whilst I'm reading, thanks to the music, I was able to visualise these characters and their situation so clearly.

description

♫ "You say it's wrong
But it feels right
You cut me loose
Then hold on tight." ♫

I also just have to mention how much I love the secondary characters in this story. One of Colleen's strong points is her ability to not only have you interested in her main characters, but her secondary ones too. In both the Slammed series and the Hopeless series, I fell in love with the secondary characters and was interested in stories about them, and Maybe Someday was no different. I am really hoping that someday Colleen (and Griffin too) writes a sequel about Warren, Ridge's best friend. He was such an interesting character and I loved reading about him.

"Sometimes in life, we need a few bad days in order to keep the good ones in perspective."

There's not much more I can say about this book other than go and read it and experience it for yourselves. I guarantee you won't regret it.

♫ "Nothing good can come this way
Lines are drawn, but then they fade
For her I bend, for you I break." ♫
on 3 November 2014
A good book with its own soundtrack ... Yep.. I was hooked...
So I kinda made the mistake of starting this one at 3am, thinking I would just read a few pages and then carry on tomoro evening ...
Well that most certainly did not go to plan!
If I didn't have to haul ass and get my children to school I can safely say I would not have moved until I devoured the entire book...

I fell in love with the music, the writing process, the characters, and even with all their flaws I couldn't get past the fact that these two seemingly perfect for each other people were being kept apart because he already had a girlfriend ..
While I'm also kinda relieved that they didn't act on their feelings while ridge was still in a relationship with Maggie,
He was as honest as he could be with both Sydney and Maggie whilst still being totally at war within himself..

I felt a real pull toward ridge, I just wanted to be able to say that everything was gonna turn out fine, when really I had no clue what was gonna happen ...
As I pretty much expected the tears did flow on more than one occasion, and I love that Colleen was able to make me feel this way about her characters.

I enjoyed the way it was written, nothing seemed to be forced or contrived between any of the characters, and I especially liked the relationship that developed between Sydney and warren..
Seriously, I never wanted this one to end, and now I'm gutted that I can't go back and read it again for the very first time,
A well deserved 5 stars