4.0 out of 5 stars Another great one
I really find this author very readable exciting and unpredictable. I am a big fan of hers. I am off on holiday for Christmas to sunny climes and I am taking her with me. The price is great too.
Published 19 months ago by Slow reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad
A voodoo/police detective story that was OK although my interest started to wane a bit towards the end of the book. It was quite atmospheric and the descriptions of the Deep South area were OK. I'd probably read the next in the series as I'm not sure how much you can squeeze out of a detective series based entirely around voodoo.
Published 14 months ago by AngieM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 2 May 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great one, 11 Dec 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as hush, but still a good read!, 12 Nov 2012
FME Ryan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Play Dead (Kindle Edition)
If I'm completely honest, I bought this book on the kindle on the basis that I really enjoyed Anne Frasier's Hush, and I read the single review posted in entire block capitals ripping into her for this novel, and thought that I couldn't rely on such a harshly worded and not very constructive review. So here I am.

It's not as thrilling or engaging as Hush....the main characters take a bit more getting used to - both equally flawed and with their own personal problems and skeletons in the closet.....as you'd expect - but they are rather likeable in the end. One or two twists and turns and not half as much 'voodoo' or 'root magic' as the reviewer below outlines - although this plot line was a bit grating and I can't help but think the story would have been better without this added detail.

All in all, not Frasier at her best, but still worth a read if you enjoyed her other novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Brilliance, 26 Jun 2014
Read this series out of sync so read it again. This one lays the foundation for Stay Dead. Anyone reading it will wonder why anyone would want to live in Savannah which is steeped in Southern history. The story and characters are extremely credible which added to the enjoyment of it. Every time I thought I had worked out who the killer was they themselves were killed. I was running out of suspects fast and my finger nails weren't surviving too well either. A great series, more please.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you guessing, 23 Jun 2014
An intriguing glimpse into the voodoo culture of the deep south Kept me guessing until the end. A good holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 16 Jun 2014
Excellent book. A bit creepy and compelling. Couldn't put it down until the end. Would recommend to detective novel readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good one, 31 May 2014
I really enjoyed (play dead) a bit spooky all that about looking like dead and being in the morgue. It scared me but I like being scared.

5.0 out of 5 stars PlayDead Review, 29 May 2014
I couldn't put it down. There weren't really any slow parts where you need to skip over. Couldn't wait to see what would happen next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 25 May 2014
Mrs. Hilary E. Kilbey (UK) - See all my reviews
This book kept me wonder I g until the last chapter a very good twist and quite unexpected averydoodstory thanyouwriter

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 25 May 2014
Play Dead
Some books I can not put down, this one I could. It was still a great read, and will try more by this author

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›