Platform: PlayStation 3|Change
Price:£12.77+ £2.03 shipping

on 8 July 2014
the game is unplayable up to a certain point due to the ridiculous difficulty of the shooting action which is a key factor in the game ,its so clumsy that i cannot advance on stage 2 where shockwave has to disable the generator in 4 places as once the cpu opponents lay into you 10 secs and its all over even on the easy difficulty?? ,i have played this part of stage 2 for at least 2 hours and have experimented with different ways to beat it even just hiding and shooting and it is completely impossible to pass ,you can automatically aim but by the time you do that half your energy has been lost ,there are checkpoints but that still does not save you ,the cpu also most of the time just runs about and it is very hard to hit them and some of the flying enemies are also hard to spot and take aim at ,you know they are there when they start wasting your energy ,there are what is called hacks which you can unlock after getting a gear box ,this is done by completing certain quests within the level but the hacks only INCREASE the difficulty making it harder ,on stage 1 sometimes optimus or bumblebee would not move after beating all the enemies resulting in the game having to be restarted from the checkpoint meaning glitches in the game and the voices are all irritatingly repeated (lockdowns mercenaries always just say lets see what we got then its we lost them then 3 seconds and its the same line again if they see you) .

before all this glitched nonsense the campaign mode (offline story) is very boring and slow ,for some reason the developers thought it would be a good idea to replay any challenge you complete but it gets incredibly boring after a while just repeating the same challenge over and over again and the gear boxes you obtain through the challenges etc are mainly the same items in it after a while meaning you are short of about 4 unlockables in total ,no matter if the gear box is gold ,silver or bronze the rarity of the box means nothing but these items are changed if duplicated but only for the hack items.

the only good thing about it is that you can play as some of the G1 transformers in the online escalation mode including classic optimus prime albeit it most of them are a bit modified in appearance from the 80s versions (most have to be unlocked first through random gear boxes) ,escalation mode is made of 15 levels where you and anyone else online joining the game fight together to battle through the cpu opponents but unfortunalty it does not save the game from being an utter shambles ,a lot of the time when i play escalation mode other people keep quitting the game early probably through boredom or just mucking about and this makes most of the ps3 trophies earned in escalation mode extremely difficult to obtain if you need two players.

a complete waste of money on a game that should not be like this ,it should be so much better but i dont know why the developers just rush these types of games ,its always the same with games like this WHY.
on 25 July 2014
(This is my mums account) I don't think this game is as bad as reviews say it is. I got it because there was a price drop and because I am a fan of Transformers I thought that it was a good time to get it. I was originally going to pre order it but it was unavailable on the day I got the money for it and I am glad about this because I don't think it is worth £30.
The controls are good but that's because they are from High Moon Studios from the previous 3 games, and the music is good, but that's also from the other games. Edge of Reality made this game and it's like they just stole everything. But if you just forget about that then it's still fun to play.
The game is short though, I got this on a Wednesday, and completed it on the Friday, and I barely played it on Thursday. It's strange because there are 14 chapters which is more than WFC or FOC but they are a lot shorter and it doesn't make it clear when a chapter has ended because sometimes the next one begins immediately and other times it has to load.
The graphics on this game I would say are bad. It still looks fuzzy and pixelated and at times I think it looks worse than FOC. You get used to them and it's not that big of a deal but I don't understand why the presentation hasn't improved since FOC. I think it looks a lot better if you are buying it for the PS4 or XB ONE though.
When I found out that the game was going to be linked with the movie and Cybertron, I thought this would make the game bad. But they don't link together and it's like 2 different story's but both about the dark spark. It's like there are two different alternate universes so this is not a problem, although I really wanted a sequel to FOC and I wish they had just made an Age of Extinction game.
The game has no multiplayer which is kind of annoying but because of the controls being the same I can just go straight to FOC multiplayer without having to adjust to the controls. The escalation is good. I didn't really play it in the other games but its an awesome selection of characters to play as in this game and they are relatively to earn, which I think is a good thing. Overall I don't mind that there is no multiplayer as the escalation is fun.

Overall I would only recommend this if it is reduced and if you are a fan of the other games. If not then you should play War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron as they are amazing games with great campaigns. If you get this game cheaper and don't expect too much then I think you find this game fun. I hope this review has been helpful to some people thinking about buying it. Thank you for reading.
on 7 December 2015
Fast delivery can't comment on game as if yet as it's a christmas present but sure he will love it
on 7 June 2015
My kid starts playing it every morning and he love being Grimlock
on 30 November 2015
perfect
on 5 August 2015
Cool
on 14 December 2014
Delivered with speed and efficiency