5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain. Brilliant!
Published 2 months ago by Mr. R. Morgan

Published 5 months ago by GeorgeR010

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain. Brilliant!, 25 July 2014
Mr. R. Morgan - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNIVERSALGADGETS BLACK KEYBOARD CASE FOR 9" ANDROID PC TABLET NETBOOK WITH MICRO USB CONNECTION (Electronics)
My tablet is actually an 8" tablet but not the usual shape as its wider and shorter. Not the usual letter box shape. I had been looking for a keyboard/case for a while but without success when I spotted this one. It is for a 9" tablet but I noticed it is for the narrower shape and so the dimensions showed it would fit mine. I couldn't believe the price as it was only one pound ninety nine pence. I must say I thought it must be a con and expected to be charged a huge postage price but that was reasonable too. I decided to give it a punt and it came today. To say I am delighted is an understatement. I had been ready to change back to a normal laptop but now there is no need as I can type as well on this. I am not a speed typist but for a two finger typist like me this is terrific. The only thing I can see wrong so far is that it shows a $ sign instead of a pound sign but when I have time to go into settings I can probably sort that out. Even if I can't at this price who is complaining. Thanks very much to the seller and I will be looking at them in the future when I'm looking for other stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good design, smart appearance, bargain buy if you really need a keyboard - a good protective case if you don't, 3 Aug 2014
Fits perfectly my 9.5 x 6 @tab9, which is chunkier than some 9" tablets. but I don't think it would fit anything larger. The tablet is held by L shaped clips at top and bottom, tensed by a spring or elastic within the cover. Has a picture-frame type of stand which eases viewing. Good material. Neat running stitch in white cotton. Some slight white powdery marks above the keyboard area on mine, but not a big problem. Keyboard keys are a little smaller than ideal, but fine. There is no thumb plate serving as a mouse, so you need to keep touching the screen, and I guess mouse-lovers will have to get a radio mouse as well. Makes a fairly heavy handful when combined with a tablet, but you can't have a chunky tablet, a keyboard and a protective cover without sacrificing a bit of lightness. Overall smart and quite well made and keyboard looks OK to support light use. Essential to download the OTG tester app to test if your tablet will work with the keyboard. Remember, a case itself will cost more than this keyboard-case. Very happy with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little keyboard plus case that has got to be one of the best bargains on Amazon!, 15 Aug 2014
Bought this for a friend, as she hates using the Android onscreen keyboard when filling out forms on line.

It arrived two days after ordering. For the price this has got to be a bargain. I cannot add much more than others have already posted. Only issue is the keyboard does not have a pound £ symbol, but that is not a show stopper as far as I am concerned.

Those that complain after spending £1.99 to include p&p seriously need to get a reality check in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 22 Sep 2014
Hannah Scott "Han" (UK) - See all my reviews
For £2.99 this is very much worth its money. It fits my 9" tablet perfectly but because the catches which hold the tablet are on the top and bottom means it does not hold the tablet when stood portrait but used as a keyboard stand it is fine. The mini USB connection cord is the perfect length to fit the tablet either side and it came with a stylus too which I was not expecting. The keyboard is small of course but works really well. They keys are all of the same level and as they are so close you have to be careful not to accidently hit the wrong key - if you're used to touch typing you have to take things a little bit more slowly. This makes it much easier to type out emails and documents on my tablet and is very responsive. The tablet automatically recognised the remote keyboard and took me to the correct application to check the box in the settings so it worked perfectly straight away. The one down side is you need to have it set out on a flat surface like a table in order for the stabilising arm to work (a little bit like a picture frame) - you couldn't sit and type with it on your knee. Very impressed especially as so cheap - even if it only lasts in the short term it will have earned its keep

3.0 out of 5 stars Some homemade adjustments are crucial to ensure your tablet is safe with this case!, 25 April 2014
I bought this for the LG G Pad which only has an 8.3" screen. However, the slightly smaller screen size is not a problem with this case. The case has two fixed bottom clips and one adjustable top clip (on a spring) to support the tablet. The problem with this case (as others have said on the 7" version), is that there are no side clips ! Therefore nothing is stopping the tablet from sliding out the sides when walking around! I mean come on, what a basic design flaw. Then again, this could be easily and inexpensively solved by supergluing bits of plastic to the case so they act as buffers.

To my surprise, the keyboard worked instantly. However, I wouldn't say it is an absolute pleasure to use. Obviously the keys are a lot closer together and you have press down fairly hard for it to register, particularly on the space bar.

Not ideal for writing an entire essay but certainly okay for the odd email. I wouldn't say that I type significantly faster with the keyboard than I do with on screen keyboard. For £1.99 though, I ain't grumblin' that much.

EDIT: One more thing, make sure the tips of the clips aren't pressing against the screen. They appear quite sharp so if your tablet is thick and the tips press against the screen, ensure that you have a screen protector.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough getting any sense from customer service, 28 Aug 2014
Initally I was pleased with this tablet. However, after just a couple of days it started "freezing" and I was constantly having to hold the power button in to restart it. Tried resetting it with paperclip in hole, also tried a factory restore, but it kept doing it. Tried without success to get sense from their customer services. After about a month of emails, they did send me instructions to upgrade the firmware (I did ask to have it replaced but they declined, saying it was a firmware issue). I needed equipment I didn't have to be able to download and then load the firmware update onto the tablet. Luckily a friend had the necessary and we did the update. It seems to be better now, has only frozen a couple of times. However, the customer service at TabExpress is very poor.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... up and the second 1 dident work not a happy bunny would NEVER recommend even though it only cost, 2 Aug 2014
Wat a load of tat u think ur getting a bargain iv oreded 2 1st one dident turn up and the second 1 dident work not a happy bunny would NEVER recommend even though it only cost £2

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 17 May 2014
great case and now I can type better now can see the keyboard better only fault is tablet a bit loose be careful my tablet slipped out and broke.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little keyboard, 27 Jun 2014
great keyboard for the price. Just for others info it's a little small for a 9 inch tablet and doesn't work with Kindle Fire HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Impressed, 29 Jun 2014
So very impressed with this. The keyboard is divine to use.
My Samsung Galaxy TAB 3 8" fits in perfectly snuggly.